Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:Trestman and Roman are obvious guys to kick the tires on, Scott Frost to me is really intruiging especially since he's young and innovative and was also a defensive coordinater at the collegiate level as well.

I like Scott Frost because of his connections to Chip Kelly. Don't know much. Rather have Trestman. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 01:15 AM by Solid Snake.)

Same names always being kicked around. If it's a new name he's connected to somebody in the league.

NFL is a good ole boys club. Same as college.

Gus chose his friendship over credentials and found out his buddy isn't a great coach. Takes more than calling plays.

Solid Snake tells the truth.

Jobs for mates rather than the best candidate.  I'd rather a good female OC than a mate.

R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Quote:Peyton Manning. Not sure if he continues playing after the Pats reach the Super Bowl

Peyton already said he will keep playing next year.

Quote:He use to send me stuff all the time when he was with the Packers and he is from Jacksonville

What are you talking about?

This from pro football reference on Greg Roman.

Check out the passing game rankings under him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/co...omaGr0.htm

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Randy Fichtner.

I'd think that Greg Roman would be an front runner for our OC position being that he was considered to be an candidate for the HC position prior to Bradley's hiring. Caldwell has an connection (good friends) w/Roman which also serves an the inside scoop. W/SF's departing of their HC, Roman, if not offered the HC job their could make an lateral move to the Jaguars OC position..

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Why don't some of you guys apply. I mean really,most of you seemed to know everything right.

I allready did, and somehow my resume got sent to the Jets instead  Sick

What about Mike Martz?

Martz comes from the Air Coryell approach to offense...same as Norv Turner. 

He was the architect of "The Greatest Show on Turf" offense in St. Louis that won a Super Bowl, went to two Super Bowls, and produced Hall of Famers in Warner, Faulk, Holt, and Pace.

There are potential issues with him.

He's been out of football for four-five years.

He could be arrogant and headstrong, and override what Bradley wants to do.  Defensive coaches tend to favor more conservative, run first approaches, and Martz has been known to abandon the run.

But if Trestman falls through, Martz might be able to inject some life into the passing game.

We the fans would rather see BB5 seriously air it out by taking more deep shots down field. At least I do. Gus stated the difference in philisophical approaches between he and Fisch. Gus wants an more consistent ground attack vs the passing game... WHAT?... OHhh Yeah. Having the run game set up the passing game. O.K. I see. I get it but somehow Fisch didn't get it or our run game was stagment which is the reason that he didn't stick to it... HuH?

Say That Again...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What about Mike Martz?

Martz comes from the Air Coryell approach to offense...same as Norv Turner. 

He was the architect of "The Greatest Show on Turf" offense in St. Louis that won a Super Bowl, went to two Super Bowls, and produced Hall of Famers in Warner, Faulk, Holt, and Pace.

There are potential issues with him.

He's been out of football for four-five years.

He could be arrogant and headstrong, and override what Bradley wants to do.  Defensive coaches tend to favor more conservative, run first approaches, and Martz has been known to abandon the run.

But if Trestman falls through, Martz might be able to inject some life into the passing game.

Mike Martz? Are you joking?

;

;

Quote:Mike Martz? Are you joking?
Not at all.

I would trust Martz more than Roman or Mornhinweg.

I dont want Martz here, i think he is a has been plus yes he may be a Offensive master mind to some, i still think his ego is higher than the empire state building 

Do you think that Gus Bradley & GM Dave Caldwell should give OC Carl Smith another chance in Jacksonville?  He wasnt bad as an OC for the Jaguars in 2006 the team was ranked 9th in Offense despite the 8-8 season that caused his termination in lieu of Dirk Koeter.  A smashmouth grinder kind of Offense.  He is currently the QB coach of the Seattle SeaHawks and most felt that the improvement of Russell Wilson has been fantastic.  In 2005 the team went 12-4 and the Offense was ranked 12th in the NFL.

Another side note about making Carl Smith the new OC.  Not only did Gus Bradley work with him in seattle but they both worked for HC Jim Mora in NewOrleans.

Smith, would def be a interesting canadate, i would have no issue with him, i also would not mind Dirk coming back either. I think Both were tied by Del Rio. 

Quote:This from pro football reference on Greg Roman.

Check out the passing game rankings under him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/co...omaGr0.htm

Been reading more about Roman after the announcement. I think there is this belief that he's this creative passing guy, but his offense is very run oriented.

Quote:Another side note about making Carl Smith the new OC. Not only did Gus Bradley work with him in seattle but they both worked for HC Jim Mora in NewOrleans.

They aren't hiring Carl Smith
;

;

Just announce it already Gus