Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O'Halloran tweet

I'm sure every knows the Jaguars plan to spend big in FA this year, the following is a Ryan O tweet I read earlier. 

Tweet: Assistant coach while walking into team meeting summed up the #Jaguars off-season succinctly, "$62 million."

I think the Jaguars will be the most active team in FA this year, I see them signing 2-3 high-impact FA's along with multiple solid veteran starters, this organization has managed it's cap brilliantly and is now allowed to splurge, this is a good year to be flushed with cap space, I expect a really competitive/winning team in 2015 due to our cap and draft situation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Actions speak louder than words.  Let's see it happen.  This is exciting to hear though.

Already started signings Smile

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg] <b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span> <span>@ryanohalloran </span> </span> </a>  ·  <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/549936311575269377' title="6:33 AM - 30 Dec 2014"> <span>1h 1 hour ago </a> </span>
</div>
<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> futures deals -- TE Marcel Jensen, OL Cody Booth, CB Peyton Thompson, WR Tony Washington. Were all with team.

I want Jason Pierre Paul, Gresham/Clay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Actions speak louder than words.  Let's see it happen.  This is exciting to hear though.

While i'm optimistic that the team will spend money, there's just no telling HOW they'll spend that money. Keep in mind that the best of the best typically don't hit free-agency. And the few that does (for whatever reason), do they want to come to a 3 win team?

Quote:I want Jason Pierre Paul, Gresham/Clay.

Clay, yes. Gresham, no thanks.

;

;

They know this is a prove it year, top to bottom progress has to be significant next year.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 12:05 PM by MightyRx.)

As long as the players fit what the Jaguars are looking for and not just spending for the sake of it. (Jerry Porter, Hugh Douglas, that scrub corner from NY, etc)

If they sign a bunch of guys that were mis-fits on other teams to prove it deals, even better.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 12:06 PM by badger.)

Quote:I want Jason Pierre Paul, Gresham/Clay.

Gresham reminds me a lot of Marcedes.  He will drop balls and fumble a lot.

Quote:While i'm optimistic that the team will spend money, there's just no telling HOW they'll spend that money. Keep in mind that the best of the best typically don't hit free-agency. And the few that does (for whatever reason), do they want to come to a 3 win team?

Valid points and is one of the reasons I don't get all bent out of shape when we can't land the best-of-the-best who do hit free agency. However, if there's one thing Gus Bradley does know how to do its to get guys to want to play for him. He hasn't quite gotten the coaching thing down 100% yet (work in progress) but he does have that going for him.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Valid points and is one of the reasons I don't get all bent out of shape when we can't land the best-of-the-best who do hit free agency. However, if there's one thing Gus Bradley does know how to do its to get guys to want to play for him. He hasn't quite gotten the coaching thing down 100% yet (work in progress) but he does have that going for him.

Honestly, I'd be fine with a bunch of mid-range FA signings. I just don't want the case like it was this year where young guys are forced to play because we don't have anyone else to play. If they play, I want them to play because they deserve it.

Quote:Gresham reminds me a lot of Marcedes.  He will drop balls and fumble a lot.

Yea I can't see the Jaguars targeting JG, he's (at best) a second tight end, this team needs a go to guy. Jordan Cameron, Charles Clay, and Julius Thomas will be the targets, I really like Charles Clay. When he's healthy he's a dynamic player.

I'm with you, Speedy. You'll definitely get no argument from me there.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

I think Pierre-Paul would return to form as our LEO.

Quote:I think Pierre-Paul would return to form as our LEO.

I think so too, I believe he had 7 sacks over the final 5 weeks of this season, so he really came on strong late. It would also give us more flexibility in the first round, should be an exciting FA period this year.

Caldwell said they have until 2017 to spend it. 

Mentioned a taget of spending 95% of it over the next two years. How much this year depends on who is actually available. 

Would love for the Jags to FINALLY get grade A talent in free Agency.  Over the years, we have seen "solid" guys whom have amounted to decent to complete trash.  I know most aren't sold on Juilius Thomas, but I think that's the type of TE we need.  Big, strong, fast, athletic, and can most of all catch TDs.  JPP is another one.  He could be that missing cog to having a defensive line like the Giants had a few years ago.  It just makes sense, if they have the money, and they want to compete, bring in the weapons.  I have faith in Caldwell, so lets hope he delivers.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I thought Marks and Clemons were "grade A" quality.

Huh

Quote:I thought Marks and Clemons were "grade A" quality.
Sorry dude, they are good, but are old.  They aren't ELITE.  That's what we've been missing around here for a decade.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Gresham reminds me a lot of Marcedes.  He will drop balls and fumble a lot.

Me too. They look like replicas of each other out there.

Clay would be a good add though.

;

;