Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Lee be the #1 Wr?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should Lee be the #1 Wr

I wonder if this is a question between Marrone, and TC? It's a good one if it is..Personally I believe Lee have showed us,when healthy he is capable of being a play maker. He shows a lot of effort, has great speed, and the ability to run after the catch... With the acquisition of Keenan Mccardell he will only get better... So I ask the board should Lee be the #1 wr?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think they should move him around and let him work in space. He's too athletic, shifty and fast to be confined to one role or one side of the field. Robinson should still be the go-to for the time being.

Even with him having a down year he still had a good year. 2015 just set the expectations too high for 2016 and I think 2017 they'll get back to work and regroup to focus more on the little things. 

Right now we do have a solid trio between Lee, Hurns and Robinson. Hopefully they have enough sense to resign Walters back to give us a solid core of four receivers too. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

No - AR15 is our #1, he just needs to be moved to test defenses.  Lee will be rotated inside and out as well.

Quote:I think they should move him around and let him work in space. He's too athletic, shifty and fast to be confined to one role or one side of the field. Robinson should still be the go-to for the time being.

Even with him having a down year he still had a good year. 2015 just set the expectations too high for 2016 and I think 2017 they'll get back to work and regroup to focus more on the little things.

Right now we do have a solid trio between Lee, Hurns and Robinson. Hopefully they have enough sense to resign Walters back to give us a solid core of four receivers too.
This^

I still have high hopes for Greene too

Quote:I think they should move him around and let him work in space. He's too athletic, shifty and fast to be confined to one role or one side of the field. Robinson should still be the go-to for the time being.

I concur. We have a better WR corp than most teams. Not attempting to move them around doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think AR-15 and Hurns will rebound with a more accurate Bortles. All three can be some of the top receivers in the league if they can in fact rebound and catch the ball. And dangerous for any defence to contain.

It's tough designating #1 and #2 in this case, however, ARob is our best split end and should basically stick to that side of the field. Lee is a guy I'd like to see moved around to all WR positions, but if you had to define him I'm leaning toward flanker.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 09:07 PM by Yo Boy.)

I agree... Greene can still add value to the core as well . On the outside I believe Lee poses the most threat, because of his speed.. Hell maybe moving A-Rob around could help him as well..

Quote:I agree... Greene can still add value to the corporate as well . On the outside I believe Lee poses the most threat, because of his speed.. Hell maybe moving A-Rob around could help him as well..

I personally find Greene the most intriguing as of right now. I really wish we knew what got into him this past season. He went from being a legitimate PR threat to a trainwreck on ST and a solid supplemental receiver to an after-thought.

Like several of you, I think there's a lot of talent there as well. If I had to guess, his issues are mental and he just needs to get his head right.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I personally find Greene the most intriguing as of right now. I really wish we knew what got into him this past season. He went from being a legitimate PR threat to a trainwreck on ST and a solid supplemental receiver to an after-thought.

Like several of you, I think there's a lot of talent there as well. If I had to guess, his issues are mental and he just needs to get his head right.

Yeah i get the feeling he was trying to play hurt.. Im a fsu fan and watch nearly every game hes played.. Dont recall him making mistakes like he did last year.. Then again it could have been Olsens offense. Im hoping he steps up like Lee did this season..

Lee is not a number 1.

Quote:I concur. We have a better WR corp than most teams. Not attempting to move them around doesn't make a lot of sense.

Do we or do we just think we do because we've experienced a significant upgrade from our horrible WR corp in the recent past?

Quote:Lee is not a number 1.
Then what is he?? Lol Lee has been a #1 wr most of his career..He has shown flashes of his potential... I bet with a REAL qb he could easily prove you wrong..

Quote:Then what is he?? Lol Lee has been a #1 wr most of his career..He has shown flashes of his potential... I bet with a REAL qb he could easily prove you wrong..
He has a real qb who by the way has thrown for 7,333 yds and 58 td's the last 2 season so stop being a hater my man. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Then what is he?? Lol Lee has been a #1 wr most of his career..He has shown flashes of his potential... I bet with a REAL qb he could easily prove you wrong..

Look at Lee's best year vs Arob's best year....and they had the same QB.

That really is all you need to know. Lee puts up Mike Thomas type numbers.

Quote:Look at Lee's best year vs Arob's best year....and they had the same QB.

That really is all you need to know. Lee puts up Mike Thomas type numbers.

That's a terrible argument.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 04:54 AM by DarloJAG84.)

No, ARob is still #1 IMO, he bounces back in 2017.

Allen Hurns is a great route-running receiver and Lee is so athletic that he needs to be moved around.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:That's a terrible argument.

Blake's mechanics?

What the heck is a "#1 WR?"   If we call Lee a "#1 WR," what changes? 

Quote:What the heck is a "#1 WR?"   If we call Lee a "#1 WR," what changes? 

Really?  What the hell does #1 receiver even mean?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]