Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Lee be the #1 Wr?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should Lee be the #1 Wr

Quote:Really?  What the hell does #1 receiver even mean?
It depends on the offense, in some schemes it means the QB's first option is the #1 receiver. In others it means a certain receiver is always on the field while others can be rotated. Vic Ketchman used to define the #1 receiver as the guy that kept opposing coordinators up at night thinking about how to stop him. IMO the #1 receiver is like gentleman's special interest entertainment; you know it when you see it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A number 1 WR is a guy that plays on the play-side.

For example, play action where the RB run off the right tackle and the WR runs a 15 yard comeback. That would be your number 1 WR.

If they run the same play to the other side of the field then that same WR will break the huddle and go to the play-side again.

CB'S travel with the number 1 WR.

The number 1 WR also gets more targets bc he's your best WR.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 10:33 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:He has a real qb who by the way has thrown for 7,333 yds and 58 td's the last 2 season so stop being a hater my man.

Lol how am i being hater man? I just dont have the same love you have for Bortles... I like to see wins.. I dont care about stats.. And last year Lee was our best Wr, in spite of all the poorly thrown balls...

Quote:Lol how am i being hater man? I just dont have the same love you have for Bortles... I like to see wins.. Idont care about stats.. And last year Lee was our best Wr, in spite of all the poorly thrown balls...
Lee balled out, there is no denying that. But, i think, in a way, he almost benefited from bortles poor play. Hurns was getting drilled on over the middle passes that were thrown too high while robinson was getting the ball thrown 3 1/2 miles over his head on deep routes. Those same deep routes were the ones that made robinson look amazing last season because last year he was routinely making those deep catches in double and triple coverage. not saying a rob isnt still good, but liek a said, he didnt have a chance this year.

One of Lee's strengths is his YAC which he was racking up on some 5-15 yard passes this year. Passes which Probably came more frequently this year because bortles couldn't connect deep, which made the play calling adapt. this isn't a knock on A-rob or Lee.

Honestly im thrilled to even be having this type of discussion after the luck this team has had with wr's in recent years.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 11:32 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Lee balled out, there is no denying that. But, i think, in a way, he almost benefited from bortles poor play. Hurns was getting drilled on over the middle passes that were thrown too high while robinson was getting the ball thrown 3 1/2 miles over his head on deep routes. Those same deep routes were the ones that made robinson look amazing last season because last year he was routinely making those deep catches in double and triple coverage. not saying a rob isnt still good, but liek a said, he didnt have a chance this year.

One of Lee's strengths is his YAC which he was racking up on some 5-15 yard passes this year. Passes which Probably came more frequently this year because bortles couldn't connect deep, which made the play calling adapt. this isn't a knock on A-rob or Lee.

Honestly im thrilled to even be having this type of discussion after the luck this team has had with wr's in recent years.

Yeah i agree.. It seems like it wasnt to long ago we had a drought on the wr position... Anyway what happen to Mike Sims-Walker?

Lee was rated by nfl.com (not that I always agree with nfl.com) as the 10th best receiver in separation. That skill set is invaluable for a quarterback having trouble making reads. I think if Lee stays healthy, he has the ability to shine, provided that Bortles can get him the ball.

I voted yes because he's the fastest and most athletic of all the receivers. Allen Robinson, as good as he is, seemed to have problems this year timing his jump. Some of those, imo, he should of just run under instead of jumping. Made me wonder if he had a depth perception problem at times.

Quote:Lee was rated by nfl.com (not that I always agree with nfl.com) as the 10th best receiver in separation. That skill set is invaluable for a quarterback having trouble making reads. I think if Lee stays healthy, he has the ability to shine, provided that Bortles can get him the ball.
I would hope that's the case when you continually go up against the other teams 3rd best corner.

He is overall the most talented WR on the team, we saw what he can do when healthy, imagine him playing with 2015 Blake or a QB playing  at a high level, he will prob have a huge year next year

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Could be the last year we see the trio together especially if Lee puts up similar numbers as this past season. Lee and Robinson are FA next offseason and would likely at least want a Hurns type contract. Can't have 3 receivers earning 10 mil, especially with the TE and RB positions receiving so much money and the QB hasn't been paid. Linder will probably want top C money as well.

Who is NE's #1 WR ?

Does it really matter who the #1 is or if indeed a team really identifies someone as their #1 WR?  

Quote:A number 1 WR is a guy that plays on the play-side.

For example, play action where the RB run off the right tackle and the WR runs a 15 yard comeback. That would be your number 1 WR.

If they run the same play to the other side of the field then that same WR will break the huddle and go to the play-side again.

CB'S travel with the number 1 WR.

The number 1 WR also gets more targets bc he's your best WR.

Like Chris Hogan 

Quote:Who is NE's #1 WR ?

Does it really matter who the #1 is or if indeed a team really identifies someone as their #1 WR?  

NE is a special case... and Gronk is their #1 receiver when healthy.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 05:37 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

I thik AR15 will bounce back. However Lee will become a monster.  Hurns I have zero faith in. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Who cares?  Seriously.  Does the title #1 WR really mean anything?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Who cares?  Seriously.  Does the title #1 WR really mean anything?
Not really.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Really?  What the hell does #1 receiver even mean?

I truly believe few know.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Who cares?  Seriously.  Does the title #1 WR really mean anything?

No.  

Quote:Like Chris Hogan

A lot of his stuff was backside. My lingo might be different than yours. But I played QB in high school and 1 year at a small college. So I know the difference between a number 1 and a number 2 or 3.

Chris Hogan is not a number 1 but he may have got more targets because of Brady going backside.

This "#1"obsession is a joke