Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Lee be the #1 Wr?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should Lee be the #1 Wr

#1 receiver = QB #1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lee is our number #1 blocker outside of the linemen and tight ends.  He's straight up mean.

Quote:This "#1"obsession is a joke

It's a joke to those who haven't experience a hall of fame true #1 wr like Jerry Rice,Randy Moss,Michael Irvin he'll Julio Jones etc.. But for fans who have experience the value of a #1 wr it is important, or a obsession as you would put it.

Quote:It's a joke to those who haven't experience a hall of fame true #1 wr like Jerry Rice,Randy Moss,Michael Irvin he'll Julio Jones etc.. But for fans who have experience the value of a #1 wr it is important, or a obsession as you would put it.

I would put Jimmy Smith in that category, so yea we have experienced a true #1.

The more interesting question is if both have a good season next year, who do we keep. They will both be looking to get paid. I doubt we pay both, unless the albino tiger shows up again.

I am hoping there are no rare tiger sightings in jville next year.

Quote:I would put Jimmy Smith in that category, so yea we have experienced a true #1.

The more interesting question is if both have a good season next year, who do we keep. They will both be looking to get paid. I doubt we pay both, unless the albino tiger shows up again.

I am hoping there are no rare tiger sightings in jville next year.

Definitely.... If both have a great year next season we pay 1 and franchise the other one..

As long as they are catching the ball, I don't care what we call them. Catch the ball, move them chains, and score TD's. Go Jags, oh,  and WIN please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how people go crazy over a guy with 851 yards and 3 TDs in a whole season LOL.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:I love how people go crazy over a guy with 851 yards and 3 TDs in a whole season LOL.

So much this. Again, Lee is putting up Mike Thomas type numbers.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 08:17 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:I love how people go crazy over a guy with 851 yards and 3 TDs in a whole season LOL.

I'll tell you why... Lee since college has always been the better player out of him and Robinson... If you don't believe me pull up their stats since a lot of you guys are stat guys... It was also the reason he was drafted ahead of Robinson... He was a beast! Since entering the nfl he has been plagued by injuries, new coordinators, and poor qb play.. The talent and athleticism never left and he broadcast a sample size last year..Although his numbers weren't great they were pretty good, seeing what he was working with.. I fully expect for him to separate his self from the pack next year... I believe he gonna have a breakout year, as long as he can stay healthy..

Really? We can just call them the number one now and they're magically it? I remember people would submit questions like this asking if it was time to designate so and so the number one WR. It's not a tag you slap on some one. It's something that is earned by your play on the field. Lee has made progress but he is nowhere near the number one on the field. Even with his disappointing year I think it's A-Rob

Quote:Really? We can just call them the number one now and they're magically it? I remember people would submit questions like this asking if it was time to designate so and so the number one WR. It's not a tag you slap on some one. It's something that is earned by your play on the field. Lee has made progress but he is nowhere near the number one on the field. Even with his disappointing year I think it's A-Rob

It doesn't even mean anything.  What changes from designating a receiver "#1 receiver?"   Nothing.   It's meaningless.  It's like saying, "who's our best wr?"   Or, "Who is our go-to WR?"  

Tom Brady lines up the offense, looks over the defense, and decides, based on the play call, who is going to get the ball.   He doesn't stand there and say to himself, "well, it looks like Hogan is going to be open, but I need to look for Edelman first because he's the #1 receiver."  

Quote:I'll tell you why... Lee since college has always been the better player out of him and Robinson... If you don't believe me pull up their stats since a lot of you guys are stat guys... It was also the reason he was drafted ahead of Robinson... He was a beast! Since entering the nfl he has been plagued by injuries, new coordinators, and poor qb play.. The talent and athleticism never left and he broadcast a sample size last year..Although his numbers weren't great they were pretty good, seeing what he was working with.. I fully expect for him to separate his self from the pack next year... I believe he gonna have a breakout year, as long as he can stay healthy..
Let me know when Lee gets 80 catches for 1,400 yards and 14 TDs.

Then you might be able to have this conversation. Robinson continually sees the other teams #1 corner. Not Lee. Lee always goes up against weaker competition.

Quote:Really? We can just call them the number one now and they're magically it? I remember people would submit questions like this asking if it was time to designate so and so the number one WR. It's not a tag you slap on some one. It's something that is earned by your play on the field. Lee has made progress but he is nowhere near the number one on the field. Even with his disappointing year I think it's A-Rob

Yep.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 02:05 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Let me know when Lee gets 80 catches for 1,400 yards and 14 TDs.

Then you might be able to have this conversation. Robinson continually sees the other teams #1 corner. Not Lee. Lee always goes up against weaker competition.

I knew this was coming soon .. I'll let you know which will be soon because of his increased role... Come on dude Bortles sucked and Lee mainly came off the bench and played slot. Just watch out!

Quote:I knew this was coming soon .. I'll let you know which will
You knew it was coming because it's a fact. Lee most likely will never have a season like the one Robinson had 2 years ago. Sometimes players are great in college but they aren't as good in the pros. Lee could be one of those players. I think he's good and is most likely the 2nd best WR on the team behind Robinson.

Robinson always draws the other teams #1 corner. Not Lee.

When did the X,Y, and Z designations change to #1, #2, etc?

Madden maybe?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:You knew it was coming because it's a fact. Lee most likely will never have a season like the one Robinson had 2 years ago. Sometimes players are great in college but they aren't as good in the pros. Lee could be one of those players. I think he's good and is most likely the 2nd best WR on the team behind Robinson.

Well, to be fair, you can't draw #1 coverage when you aren't on the field? I often wonder how things would have played out differently had Lee seen the field more last season.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

When Blackmon returns he is the #1.  :teehee:

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 03:05 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:You knew it was coming because it's a fact. Lee most likely will never have a season like the one Robinson had 2 years ago. Sometimes players are great in college but they aren't as good in the pros. Lee could be one of those players. I think he's good and is most likely the 2nd best WR on the team behind Robinson.

I disagree... I believe Lee can have better #s then Arob, under the right system and qb... Robinson is soft and not very fast, he also developed a bad case of the drops at the end of the year.. Tell me what happen to Arob once he received the attention of teams #1 cb?? Oh that's right he sucked!

Quote:I disagree... I believe Lee can have better #s then Arob, under the right system and qb... Robinson is soft and not very fast, he also developed a bad case of the drops at the end of the year.. Tell me what happen to Arob once he received the attention of teams #1 cb?? Oh that's right he sucked!
So Robinson sucked?

And yet he still had better numbers than Lee and his "breakout" season. lol