Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Lee be the #1 Wr?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should Lee be the #1 Wr

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 05:34 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:ARob.

He's our best WR, IMO.

He had more catches, yards and TDS than Lee all while going up against double teams and the other teams #1 CB.

You clearly think Lee was the best last year and that's fine. If teams start doubling Lee for some odd reason and leave ARob 1 on 1, ARob will be back to his pro bowl self.
He's our best receiver but Lee outperformed him this year for me.

Arob going up against #1 CBs and being double teamed is of course important but even taking that into consideration I feel Lee had a better year. Very similar stats on 50 less targets and was more reliable.

Prefer Arobs style of play though so hopefully he can start getting better at beating good #1 CBs. Bortles needs to help a lot in that regard.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Does "#1 WR" really matter? Someone should inform the Patriots.

Nah doesn't matter. Just a way of saying who the best WR on the team is for the year.

Quote:Let's not go crazy. He looked better this year but he is not a #1 wideout. He's a nice piece to have when healthy, good utility.

What makes you think he is not a #1?

Quote:Yeah why is this an issue? who cares along as they catch the ball and score
Because it's the off season and we don't have anything else to talk about.

Quote:800 yards and 3 TDs. Robinson is your number 1 WR. Hurns hit 10 TDS and 1009 yards in 2015 and got paid to be the #2. At this point Lee is just a guy.

A guy??? Lol that's funny! Don't know why Lee gets soo much hate, but to be honest he is the most explosive receiver we have...Oh and the fastest... This is a great argument to have.. I don't take nothing from Arob and Hurns I hope they have great years next year... I just honestly believe Lee have closed the gap..

Quote:What makes you think he is not a #1?

If you lined up Lee where AR15 was and asked him to beat the top tier corners (sherman, peterson, talib, norman), do you really think he would get more than a catch or 2 in a game? Do you think he would ever even draw a double team? I'm not even hating on Lee, but one 800 yard year and suddenly we are talking about him as a #1 wideout over AROB? Too Soon for any of that foolishness. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:If you lined up Lee where AR15 was and asked him to beat the top tier corners (sherman, peterson, talib, norman), do you really think he would get more than a catch or 2 in a game? Do you think he would ever even draw a double team? I'm not even hating on Lee, but one 800 yard year and suddenly we are talking about him as a #1 wideout over AROB? Too Soon for any of that foolishness.

Yes I do believe he can! Why because I believe he have the ability and talent to do so... It's definitely gonna take speed to keep those guys off balance and Lee has that..And to be honest it's not soon enough.. Lee been hurt is the only reason Arob played in that #1 spot... Not hating on Arob but last year he turned me off with his attitude and performances... I hope Lee can silence the critics this year because we all know he has the ability to do it...

The way that I look at it right now, Lee is #5 on the roster.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Yes I do believe he can! Why because I believe he have the ability and talent to do so... It's definitely gonna take speed to keep those guys off balance and Lee has that..And to be honest it's not soon enough.. Lee been hurt is the only reason Arob played in that #1 spot... Not hating on Arob but last year he turned me off with his attitude and performances... I hope Lee can silence the critics this year because we all know he has the ability to do it...
He runs a 4.52 40. He isn't a burner. 

Average size, doesn't break a lot of tackles. 

In 39 games played he has TWO 100 yard efforts. 

His Stat Line last year reads almost exactly like Mike Sims Walker's. 

I think you are seeing what you want to see. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 09:15 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:He runs a 4.52 40. He isn't a burner.

Average size, doesn't break a lot of tackles.

In 39 games played he has TWO 100 yard efforts.

His Stat Line last year reads almost exactly like Mike Sims Walker's.

I think you are seeing what you want to see.

I never said he was a burner, but Richard Sherman ran a 4.56 and yo boy Arob ran a 4.60... So like I said it's enough, To keep them off balance.. Why do people keep trying to use stat lines to prove a debate... Did you you see Lee play?? Because if soo there is a eye test that you can use as well.. And if you use your eyes, you will see that Lee made strides with the time and looks giving..He stayed fairly healthy. Just like Bortles, don't just look at his Stat Line... Because you can be fooled..

Arobs main attribute isn't his speed, it's that he's 6'3" and his vert. I watch every game, Lee catches 3-4 balls a game, there isn't a lot to watch there. Many games he vanishes all together. 

None of this matters anyways. He isn't a #1 WR, not even a #2. He has 1 more prove it year left so i guess we will see, if not, I am sure he will enjoy cleveland. 

Quote:Arobs main attribute isn't his speed, it's that he's 6'3" and his vert. I watch every game, Lee catches 3-4 balls a game, there isn't a lot to watch there. Many games he vanishes all together.

None of this matters anyways. He isn't a #1 WR, not even a #2. He has 1 more prove it year left so i guess we will see, if not, I am sure he will enjoy cleveland.

I disagree... And I hope he prove you wrong.. Like he did many in college.. You should go check out his stats.. Since you like numbers.. It was far better then Arob.. And trust me he ain't going no where...

Tim Tebow put up great college numbers too. 

Quote:Arobs main attribute isn't his speed, it's that he's 6'3" and his vert. I watch every game, Lee catches 3-4 balls a game, there isn't a lot to watch there. Many games he vanishes all together.

I agree. He's the #3 WR. Arob and Hurns then Lee.

Quote:Tim Tebow put up great college numbers too.

He also put up W's...

Quote:I disagree... And I hope he prove you wrong.. Like he did many in college.. You should go check out his stats.. Since you like numbers.. It was far better then Arob.. And trust me he ain't going no where...
My man. College numbers mean nothing.

Use something else if you're arguing for Lee.

Quote:My man. College numbers mean nothing.

Use something else if you're arguing for Lee.

You right... Here's to this season..

Quote:I agree. He's the #3 WR. Arob and Hurns then Lee.

This to me is the real question. Imho, ARob is the top dog and should be our starting split end out wide at the "x" spot. Then you're looking at who is the #2 and who is the #3 between Lee and Hurns. It's a tough call, although I feel that Lee is going into camp with an edge here. That said, I feel like the two will be battling to see which one ends up the #2WR and which one, by default, ends up as perhaps the best #3WR in the league.

Too many are looking at this past year, but they had issues this past year such as arm fatigue at the qb spot, and in turn it's tough to truly grade any offensive players from their 2016 results. You really have to look at 2015 to get a better guage of potential... except for Lee of course since he didn't play much in 2015. I feel like Lee as well is better than what we saw in 2016 which is why I currently give him the edge over Hurns. As I see it, Hurns is a consummate pro who can do it all, but Lee brings a little sizzle to the offense. I can see Lee playing more of a McCardell/Blackmon role as their flanker at the "z" spot with Hurns catching deeper passes out of the slot position. 

'02

Quote:... I can see Lee playing more of a McCardell/Blackmon role as their flanker at the "z" spot with Hurns catching deeper passes out of the slot position. 

I think Lee will play more of a "Lee" role since he's quite different than both of the guys you mentioned, but yes Lee at "z" and Hurns in the slot has already proven to be effective when Blake plays well.  Why change that?  

Of course they did begin to move A-Rob around the last couple of games to help get him involved and they should certainly continue to do that situationally, but #15 at x, #88 at y, and #11 at z is a formidable receiving corps regardless of folks' odd fascination with needlessly ranking the three guys. 

Every time we try to count on someone or give them more of a go to role they tend to fail miserably. So lets just keep rolling with the WR as they are. Just get open and catch the ball.