Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which is the worst Jaguars draft blunder of all time?
Trading up for Derrick Harvey a.k.a. Raphael in 2008.
Beating the clots at the end of the 2011 season and handing them Andrew Luck in the draft.
Trading up for Justin Blackmon in 2012, meanwhile Tannehill and Kuechley are taken a few picks later.
Trading up for Gabbert in 2011, J.J. Watt is then taken by the tinhorns with the pick right after Gabbert.
Taking a Punter in the 3rd round of the 2012 draft, meanwhile Russell Wilson is picked 5 picks later.
Taking college QB Matt Jones in the 1st round in 2005 and making him a WR a position he has not previously played. Oh yeah and Aaron Rodgers is taken 3 picks later.
Taking R. Jay Soward in the 1st round of the 2000 draft.
corn
Blank #2
Taking Reggie Williams 9th overall in 2004, Roethlisberger goes 11th.
[Show Results]

Worst draft related blunder in Jaguars history?

I guess since we are at it passing on Tom Brady 6 times..... 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I disagree on one thing you said.

Picking a punter in the 3rd round of a NFL draft is just plain stupid. Picking a punter in the 3rd round of fantasy football is just plain stupid. Picking a punter in the 3rd round of a NFL draft on madden is just plain stupid and therefore maybe THE worst pick ever by the jags.

All hail Jean Smiff.

Maybe true, but the impact on the team was minimal.  It's likely the player he would have picked instead of Anger wouldn't be on the team right now.  

Gabbert, his record alonr proves it

Quote:lol, I don't get everyone about these two.  They would ABSOLUTELY SUCK on this team.  Bortles would out perform them.  Wilson would have his balls swatted and crushed, and Kaepernick would try to run the whole time because he's about as accurate as Henne.

What? lol.  Wilson was a first round talent but only fell because of his height.  That's it, it was his height that held him back.  He's overcame that, dude is a very good QB.  He was an absolute stud at Wisconsin, better than Bortles then, and better than Bortles now.  Stop looking at things with teal-colored glasses.  You guys are so funny, Bortles will get better but let's not exaggerate his play.

Quote:What? lol.  Wilson was a first round talent but only fell because of his height.  That's it, it was his height that held him back.  He's overcame that, dude is a very good QB.  He was an absolute stud at Wisconsin, better than Bortles then, and better than Bortles now.  Stop looking at things with teal-colored glasses.  You guys are so funny, Bortles will get better but let's not exaggerate his play.

Just stop.  His defense won the Super Bowl for him last year.  He either throws short, and lets his teammates get YAC, or he tucks and runs.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Just stop.  His defense won the Super Bowl for him last year.  He either throws short, and lets his teammates get YAC, or he tucks and runs.

The entire team won the Super Bowl last year.  Wilson has one of the sorriest WR cores in the NFL, and performs all the time.  People like to give Lynch all the credit, but when you have a dual threat QB, it opens things up for the RB.

Quote:The entire team won the Super Bowl last year.  Wilson has one of the sorriest WR cores in the NFL, and performs all the time.  People like to give Lynch all the credit, but when you have a dual threat QB, it opens things up for the RB.

The team would be sorry without Lynch.  He is the main piece to that puzzle.  What happened earlier in the year when Seattle started losing?  It's because their defense wasn't doing well, and the offense couldn't pick up the slack.  Great QBs put teams on their backs like Brady and Manning.  Look at what Brady did last year.  Took his team to the AFC championship by himself.

Quote:The team would be sorry without Lynch.  He is the main piece to that puzzle.  What happened earlier in the year when Seattle started losing?  It's because their defense wasn't doing well, and the offense couldn't pick up the slack.  Great QBs put teams on their backs like Brady and Manning.  Look at what Brady did last year.  Took his team to the AFC championship by himself.
Last time I checked they traded his best weapon and he took the team from 5th seed to home field advantage in the playoffs. Again the guy is good. People just don't want to give him his credit. I know many people don't really watch the games. They just stay on top of fantasy scores. But if you have watched him play multiple games you would see him making throws that only elite qbs make. He extends plays and stresses a defense in ways that can't be accounted for. 

It reminds me a lot of Favre when he went to Minnesota. No one knew who Sidney Rice was then soon as Brett got there he rose to the top of the WR ranks for that time. That defense had already had Thomas an Sherman before he arrived. But for some reason that team didn't start clicked until he started. Lynch couldn't win the ring before Russell got there. This is Tom Brady all over again. When its all said and done he will be considered on of the best to ever play. 

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 02:10 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:Last time I checked they traded his best weapon and he took the team from 5th seed to home field advantage in the playoffs. Again the guy is good. People just don't want to give him his credit. I know many people don't really watch the games. They just stay on top of fantasy scores. But if you have watched him play multiple games you would see him making throws that only elite qbs make. He extends plays and stresses a defense in ways that can't be accounted for. 

It reminds me a lot of Favre when he went to Minnesota. No one knew who Sidney Rice was then soon as Brett got there he rose to the top of the WR ranks for that time. That defense had already had Thomas an Sherman before he arrived. But for some reason that team didn't start clicked until he started. Lynch couldn't win the ring before Russell got there. This is Tom Brady all over again. When its all said and done he will be considered on of the best to ever play. 
HAHAHA.  I didn't say he wasn't good, but now you are comparing him to Brady?  I get you like him, but you can't honestly think this.  Brady is arguable the best to ever play, and he's still doing it.  He has a real shot at winning another Super Bowl this year.  Wilson has a long way to go to even be considered in the same league.  Brady and Manning don't get drafted into the league every year, or even every decade.

PS:  Wilson will never throw for 50 TDs.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 02:33 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:HAHAHA. I didn't say he wasn't good, but now you are comparing him to Brady? I get you like him, but you can't honestly think this. Brady is arguable the best to ever play, and he's still doing it. He has a real shot at winning another Super Bowl this year. Wilson has a long way to go to even be considered in the same league. Brady and Manning don't get drafted into the league every year, or even every decade.

PS: Wilson will never throw for 50 TDs.
You do realize Brady never threw for more that 28 TDs and 3800 hundred yards except for one 4000 yard campaign until his seventh year in the league and that was in a pass happy offense.

I've been a Brady guy since he came out and beat the Rams when everyone counted him out. I've said Brady is the best ever for a while now. Russell has this guys makings. It is what it is. Again Brady is the same person most people didn't think was any good because he never threw all the stats up until the last 6-7 years.

Its because they finally got him weapons. Russell is on the same path. He has no weapons right now but eventually it will change. They will cycle from a defensive team to an offensive team and he will then. He's just going to collect wins and rings right now lol.

I know it sounds like I'm a fan and part of that is correct. But its because I watch the guy and I see him defy all odds every game. I used to have these same conversations with people about Brady and it looks like I'll do it for another 15 years with Wilson.

P.S. when they get him legit wideouts his numbers will sky rocket 

I'll take "Drafting Byron Leftwich" for $500 please.

Not because Leftwich was so terrible in and of himself, but because it caused:

The hurried departure of Mark Brunell under embarrassing circumstances (Bursar Sac anyone?..)

Wasting David Garrard for four prime years when he eventually proved to be the better successor to Brunell anyways.

Caused Shack Harris to desperately overreach in the next two drafts and pick both Matt Jones and Reggie Williams at #1.

Sent the fan base into as divisive of a period as I've ever experienced as a fan of any franchise.

(And as people have been referencing since the Vic days, caused us to not draft Roethlisberger the next year...)

So this one pick screwed up the futures of two better QB's, caused us to waste two successive #1 picks on two substance abusing knuckleheads, and stirred up all kinds of problems with our fanbase.

hindsight is 20/20

you guys should vote knowing that

and that said, you don't take a cot damn punter in the 3rd round....

EVER

Quote:I'll take "Drafting Byron Leftwich" for $500 please.

Not because Leftwich was so terrible in and of himself, but because it caused:

The hurried departure of Mark Brunell under embarrassing circumstances (Bursar Sac anyone?..)

Wasting David Garrard for four prime years when he eventually proved to be the better successor to Brunell anyways.

Caused Shack Harris to desperately overreach in the next two drafts and pick both Matt Jones and Reggie Williams at #1.

Sent the fan base into as divisive of a period as I've ever experienced as a fan of any franchise.

(And as people have been referencing since the Vic days, caused us to not draft Roethlisberger the next year...)

So this one pick screwed up the futures of two better QB's, caused us to waste two successive #1 picks on two substance abusing knuckleheads, and stirred up all kinds of problems with our fanbase.

I'd say it caused the next three drafts to cause the team to make bad picks when you understand that Lewis was picked for the same reason that Jones and Williams were picked, which was a misguided attempt from Shack to prop his boy up.

The Jaguars have been so bad in the first round of the draft after Couglin's era you'd think they could have hit on someone between 2003 and 2014 just by sheer luck alone, but none of those guys have panned out to have any significant impact on the team.

I still hope Luke can be serviceable, but it's bad news when that's your hope of a #2 overall selection.

[Image: sick.gif]

This whole thread makes me want to throw up at our incompetence.

Quote:[Image: sick.gif]

This whole thread makes me want to throw up at our incompetence.

If you have been a fan for the last decade, this should be nothing new

;

;

The worst pick? Have there been any good pics?

[Image: verymad.gif]

[Image: wallbash.gif]

[Image: mellow.png]

Jags have drafted horribly for a long time. Hopefully we can Caldwell starts a new trend

It has to be that [BLEEP] soward. What a loser. Harvey was a bad pick but we got a sweet ninja training video out of him

While watching the Steelers/Ravens game last night, I remembered how DelRio wanted Terrell Suggs in the '03 draft. Leftwich was Shack Harris' pick. Had we taken Suggs, it would've left us with possibly taking Roethlisburger the next year. Imagine how this team would've been for the last 10 years with those two on our roster.

Not everbody remembers RJ, but that would be my pick.