Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz is "absolutely" open to adding a year to his contract to lower his 2015 cap number

<div>Interesting. Now saying it and doing it are two different things. And while I know that the team likes Poz, I still have a hard time seeing him in the long terms plans.
</div>

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);">
<div> 
</div>
</div>

Quote: 

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>@ryanohalloran</a>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);">Posluszny said he is "absolutely" open to adding a year to his contract to lower his 2015 cap number (currently team-high $9.5M). <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars'>#Jaguars</a>

</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dude is a team player. People will still find something wrong with this though.

[Image: jPAYvE9.jpg]

Quote:Dude is a team player. People will still find something wrong with this though.

wait for it........let it breath.......they're coming

Quote: 

<div style="font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">
<div>Interesting. Now saying it and doing it are two different things. And while I know that the team likes Poz, I still have a hard time seeing him in the long terms plans.
</div>

<div> 
</div>
</div>

</div>

Completely misleading.

Adding time to your contract to spread out your cap hit isn't the same as what needs to actually happen, which is for his actual salary to be dramatically lowered.

He's not saying he'll take a pay cut, which is what needs to happen, he's saying he'll take another big payday year so the Jaguars can spread his cap number out a bit more.

lol of course he is.  He'll get cut if he doesn't.  MLB play improved when he got hurt.  But, white LB getting lots of tackles after 5 yards I guess.

Quote:lol of course he is.  He'll get cut if he doesn't.  MLB play improved when he got hurt.  But, white LB getting lots of tackles after 5 yards I guess.

Our LBs aside from Telvin were invisible yesterday.

Quote:Our LBs aside from Telvin were invisible yesterday.

To be fair, this was largely the case prior to Poz being injured, too.

Quote:Our LBs aside from Telvin were invisible yesterday.

They were invisible with Poz in there too.  If you're gonna have bad play at a position, don't pay $9.5 mil per year willingly for it.

Interesting proposition. 

Reading the tea-leaves a little, it seems the GM/HC value his talent enough to keep him around.

With the amount of shuffling they did at LB this season trying to find production  - and some of the different personnel they used in nickel packages, it wouldn't surprise me to see him stay even if he's not on the field for nickel stuff and other obvious passing downs. 

(sidenote - was I seeing things or did anyone else notice what looked like a dime package vs. Bal and Tenn? Colvin/Martin on the field as two nickels)

How much lower? He needs to cut the 9.5 in half

Quote:Dude is a team player. People will still find something wrong with this though.

Poz is a beast if he is healed and ready for 2015 he should be on the field.

He definitely shouldn't get more than what Marks is making

Quote:Interesting proposition. 

Reading the tea-leaves a little, it seems the GM/HC value his talent enough to keep him around.

With the amount of shuffling they did at LB this season trying to find production  - and some of the different personnel they used in nickel packages, it wouldn't surprise me to see him stay even if he's not on the field for nickel stuff and other obvious passing downs. 

(sidenote - was I seeing things or did anyone else notice what looked like a dime package vs. Bal and Tenn? Colvin/Martin on the field as two nickels)

I think it is one of those where he might be kept but that won't stop them from finding his replacement.

Quote:I think it is one of those where he might be kept but that won't stop them from finding his replacement.

Right.

Salary doesn't get paid until the season. They'll keep him around while they look in the offseason to see what they can get. If they get someone to replace him they'll just cut him then.

If they don't then he can play out the season.

The only way I could see the team adding years to his contract is if they come with a major discount up front. I couldn't see them giving him the 7.5 million, or whatever he's due, this season on the front of a new contract coming off a major injury.

Quote:Completely misleading.

Adding time to your contract to spread out your cap hit isn't the same as what needs to actually happen, which is for his actual salary to be dramatically lowered.

He's not saying he'll take a pay cut, which is what needs to happen, he's saying he'll take another big payday year so the Jaguars can spread his cap number out a bit more.
Because no player would ever agree to a pay cut without going to FA first. 

Quote:Because no player would ever agree to a pay cut without going to FA first. 

Do you want to talk about what he actually said or do you want to get into the nebulous web of endless hypotheticals?

Quote:Poz is a beast if he is healed and ready for 2015 he should be on the field.

Oh so beastly.  Racking up those 5 yard-gainer tackles and running 6 yards behind TE's.  So beastly.

This is perfect. Reduce his cap number, lower guaranteed salary, then cut him later like we did Babin.

Quote:This is perfect. Reduce his cap number, lower guaranteed salary, then cut him later like we did Babin.
awesome

Quote:Do you want to talk about what he actually said or do you want to get into the nebulous web of endless hypotheticals?
OK; what Posluszny and the OP said was in no way misleading to anyone with even a basic understanding of how the cap works. 

Quote:This is perfect. Reduce his cap number, lower guaranteed salary, then cut him later like we did Babin.
Then all the remaining bonus money comes forward in the same year leaving you with no net gain or loss except for making free agents just a bit more reluctant to sign with a team that tricks veteran players like that.