Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz is "absolutely" open to adding a year to his contract to lower his 2015 cap number

Quote:are we hurting for cap space?
That's not the point, Bears arent against the cap either but Cutler should be the highest paid player in the league? Jags need to atleast cut Poz's pay in half

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Say what you want about Poz but the guy is a team player.

I'd keep him around. He is a pretty decent 1-2 down MLB, and would be a premium depth player when we find his replacement.

For the record, will you define what a "team player" is to you, and then compare and contrast it to whatever Alualu is in your mind. Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 05:02 PM by badger.)

Quote:That's not the point, Bears arent against the cap either but Cutler should be the highest paid player in the league? Jags need to atleast cut Poz's pay in half

actually the bears are against it... we aren't, so there is no reason to even worry about his salary

plus, he is producing.  it's not like he's been invisible.  he's been one of our best players overall

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 05:19 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

according to www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/linebackers Poz is the 4th highest paid LB in the NFL.

Quote:according to www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/linebackers Poz is the 4th highest paid LB in the NFL.

he's also one of the leading tacklers

Quote:he's also one of the leading tacklers

He can get run over, hang on for dear life, and eventually drag a RB down for 12 yard gain like nobody's business.

Quote:He can get run over, hang on for dear life, and eventually drag a RB down for 12 yard gain like nobody's business.

Yep!!

Wonder what we can get for him in a trade. I would think some team is dumb enough to take him off our hands.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:He can get run over, hang on for dear life, and eventually drag a RB down for 12 yard gain like nobody's business.

he's a really good run stopping LB, deal with it

Quote:Yep!!

Wonder what we can get for him in a trade. I would think some team is dumb enough to take him off our hands.

cause we're set at MLB without him.  undrafted FA JT Thomas WWOOOHHOOOO!

Quote:cause we're set at MLB without him.  undrafted FA JT Thomas WWOOOHHOOOO!

I didnt say that. But they played ok this year. Look, you said he is a run stopping LB. And this is a run heavy league. Wait, no its not. And, if the back gets by him, he's not catching nobody from behind. His speed is that of an OG.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

You know who else was "slow, old and needed to go". Daryl Smith. That worked out...for the Ravens.

Denzil Perryman from Miami....he looked good the few times I saw him

Quote:You know who else was "slow, old and needed to go". Daryl Smith. That worked out...for the Ravens.

Except he really wasn't slow and he certainly didn't need to go. Bad move Dave Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 06:07 PM by Joe.)

Quote:For the record, will you define what a "team player" is to you, and then compare and contrast it to whatever Alualu is in your mind. Thanks.
When did I ever say Alualu isn't a team player?

Unlike yourself, I like to gauge football players on how well they play football, not on how well they get along with each other.

Lol good lord you are dense.

Wait now we're saying that Posluszny is bad but JT Thomas is ok? Wow.

Quote:are we hurting for cap space?
Exactly.  The team isn't hurting at all, so making moves to save money is completely irrelevant.  They have to spend it next year regardless.  There's a place for Poz on this roster, and the staff loves the guy.  I don't expect to see him going anywhere. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You know who else was "slow, old and needed to go". Daryl Smith. That worked out...for the Ravens.
Don't forget overpaid. 

Poz is a good player.  If we had 11 players on defense of Poz's caliber, we'd have a top 10 defense easily.

He's not perfect but is solid.

I'll take him back for another couple of years gladly.

We still need to draft a LB, but having Poz will help.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Completely misleading.

Adding time to your contract to spread out your cap hit isn't the same as what needs to actually happen, which is for his actual salary to be dramatically lowered.

He's not saying he'll take a pay cut, which is what needs to happen, he's saying he'll take another big payday year so the Jaguars can spread his cap number out a bit more.

Why should Poz agree to any kind of pay cut? Before going on IR he was playing at a near Pro Bowl level.

The Jaguars can save a bit this year by adding a season and restructuring his contract, however, they have enough money in the books that they shouldn't even need to do this much in order to keep him. Besides, cutting Marcedes will save $6.8 mil which even more money than cutting Poz would save. Cutting Henne would save another $3.5 mil.

Of note, cutting Gerhart would save $2.5 mil on top of that in the event the Jaguars might be eyeing a different FA RB to be the starter. Meanwhile, some of the backup DLs could save the Jaguars a bunch. Cutting Alualu would save nearly $2.5 mil, and cutting Ziggy Hood would save nearly $4 mil. The Jaguars have enough options that we don't need to panic about Poz' team-high cap hit.

'02

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 09:26 PM by Predator.)

Quote:From what I remember regarding nfl salary rules (I may be wrong), a player can't be asked to take a pay cut unless the team is up against or over the cap.
It wouldn't be a pay cut it would be an extension. They won't be asking him to take less money, just take it in a way that is structured different over more years.