Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz is "absolutely" open to adding a year to his contract to lower his 2015 cap number

Quote:lol no.  But he's got a cool name and gets lots of tackles after 5 yard gains.

lol....so true!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol no. But he's got a cool name and gets lots of tackles after 5 yard gains.

Around here people act like the guy is Hercules.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 11:06 AM by badger.)

Quote:Around here people act like the guy is Hercules.

look around.  most people here hate him.... because he gets the most tackles.

Regardless of where the tackle happens, he's the one getting it most the time.  I suppose he should let the other guys get there first but 10 yards down the field?

Quote:look around.  most people here hate him.... because he gets the most tackles.

Regardless of where the tackle happens, he's the one getting it most the time.  I suppose he should let the other guys get there first but 10 yards down the field?

Kind of hard to avoid getting tackles when offenses are specifically targeting him in the passing game and pretty much running at him in the running game.  Somebody posted a gif on twitter of him getting blown back like 10 yards by a center in the San Diego game.  Pretty much fits.

Quote:Kind of hard to avoid getting tackles when offenses are specifically targeting him in the passing game and pretty much running at him in the running game.  Somebody posted a gif on twitter of him getting blown back like 10 yards by a center in the San Diego game.  Pretty much fits.

I could also post a gif where he destroyed Arian Foster and caused a fumble.... Your hate for the man is borderline creepy.  You might want to get over it.  The guy is a good player.  Deal with it.

Quote:I could also post a gif where he destroyed Arian Foster and caused a fumble.... Your hate for the man is borderline creepy.  You might want to get over it.  The guy is a good player.  Deal with it.

And I can also post a gif of Gabbert throwing a beautiful pass down the field hitting a guy in stride.

We care about what you get under normal circumstances, not when you get a highlight play.

Poz is just an acceptable middle linebacker with serious limitations being paid like he's top of the league at his position, and I personally don't think he brings that level of impact.

Quote:Completely misleading.

Adding time to your contract to spread out your cap hit isn't the same as what needs to actually happen, which is for his actual salary to be dramatically lowered.

He's not saying he'll take a pay cut, which is what needs to happen, he's saying he'll take another big payday year so the Jaguars can spread his cap number out a bit more.

I think it means he'll take the 9.5 cap hit and spread it over 2 years. So he'd be working for 2 years rather than 1 in order to get what's owed to him under the original contract. I'd go for that if I was Caldwell.

Quote:I think it means he'll take the 9.5 cap hit and spread it over 2 years. So he'd be working for 2 years rather than 1 in order to get what's owed to him under the original contract. I'd go for that if I was Caldwell.

No. It means he'll take his 7.5 million as a signing bonus and get paid right now instead of risking getting cut and losing out on it. On the back end he'll want more years of big salary, but that's not what's important, what's important to him is getting another big paycheck this off season.

Quote:No. It means he'll take his 7.5 million as a signing bonus and get paid right now instead of risking getting cut and losing out on it. On the back end he'll want more years of big salary, but that's not what's important, what's important to him is getting another big paycheck this off season.

True, he could mean that (I am aware that signing bonus is amortized over the years of the contract as a cap hit, so the thought did cross my mind). But he could also mean that he's open to reworking it in that way I suggested too - where the $7.5 mill remains as base salary spread over 2 years (aside from the $2 million cap hit from the signing bonus; not sure what they'd do with that). The CBA doesn't disallow it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 11:56 AM by badger.)

Quote:And I can also post a gif of Gabbert throwing a beautiful pass down the field hitting a guy in stride.

We care about what you get under normal circumstances, not when you get a highlight play.

Poz is just an acceptable middle linebacker with serious limitations being paid like he's top of the league at his position, and I personally don't think he brings that level of impact.

That's the point.  Not every play is a highlight.  So him pointing out one play where Poz got blocked is pointless.