Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The problem with firing an offensive coordinator

Quote:I haven't seen one valuable post with decent logic from you yet. Gus Bradley and co have completed their 2nd year with the Jags in arguably the pinnacle of professional sports being the NFL. They are paid handsomely to do a job. Quite frankly, there wasn't improvement from Bradley in his preparation of the team for the season, in-season gameday prep or in-game management (bad T.O., challenges, etc.). It's not like Bradley just wrapped up his first pre-season. The guy is now going into his 3rd year as an NFL head coach and is one of the worst at his job, period!

Feel free to keep telling everyone that this staff deserves a 3rd free year but it still doesn't negate the facts!
You don't like my posts because it doesn't fit your "burn it all down agenda" you're constantly pushing. Not my fault the thickness of your skull prevents you from understanding logical thinking.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The only thing "stacked" against this coaching staff is inexperience. But I'm sure after your first 6 months on the job you was performing like those who have been there for years right?

It takes 1 year to learn a job.  Gus has experience, as well.  So I don't think him learning on the job is an excuse.  Like Jeremy said, he's heading into his 3rd year.  I don't see how you can REGRESS from his first year.  They had less talent last year because Caldwell let everyone go.  He is doing things, I would say most coaches do not do.  That is why he is failing.  Bill Belichick could of had this team at .500 this year.  That is not a doubt in my mind. 

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I'm not saying I am or am not in favor of firing Fisch, but one thing has to be said, and that is, if they fire Fisch, and hire a new OC, under NFL rules for the offseason, the new coordinator cannot talk to Bortles until mid-April. Players are not allowed to talk to coaches in the offseason until mid-April.

That means there would be 3-1/2 months when Bortles will be without a playbook or an offensive system to study and learn.

Bortles badly needs to study and master the playbook and the system right now. Do we want to leave him without one until mid-April?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I can understand why most people are flinging poo at your OP but it's reality, not fan sentimentality.

World class professional jobs are learning 90 to 100% of the time, your first year is prelearning, it's identifying what you don't know.

Quote:You don't like my posts because it doesn't fit your "burn it all down agenda" you're constantly pushing. Not my fault the thickness of your skull prevents you from understanding logical thinking.

Well, I won't let facts get in the way of your opinion, carry on. :thumbsup:

I'm also on record for keeping Caldwell so not sure where you saw burn it all down.

Quote:According to a lot of observers, he hasn't yet mastered the playbook he has, and it's been what, 18 months?  

http://beta.espn.go.com/blog/jacksonvill...fense-wont

If you read that article, the coaches are saying he needs to spend the time until mid-April getting into the playbook and learning it, so it will be second nature, and he'll have a lot less to think about when he approaches the line of scrimmage. 

I think you're dreaming if you think any quarterback can learn a playbook in 3 months, especially a first year player like Bortles.   Every quarterback in the league spends their offseason learning their playbook, even if they've had the same playbook the year before.   Except Johnny Manziel, of course.   He doesn't need a playbook.  He's a natural! 

There have been plenty of examples of QBs being successful their first year, same offensive system kept during the following offseason, and then they have the sophomore slump.  If "mastering" the playbook is the answer, wouldn't they automatically have more success the next year in the same system?

There were also plenty of QBs who learned a new offense after the lockout with NO OFFSEASON and did just fine.  Explain that.

Quote:Yawn.  It's a simple concept to grasp.  The offense will benefit by having MORE OPTIONS available to use against it's opponent.  Limiting the number of ways to attack is a handicap. 

the yawn thing is really stupid.  you should stop.

Guys, if we fire the offensive coordinator we might be the lowest scoring team in the league.

Quote:Guys, if we fire the offensive coordinator we might be the lowest scoring team in the league.
Aren't we already?

Quote:Guys, if we fire the offensive coordinator we might be the lowest scoring team in the league.
I got a good laugh out of this! :thumbsup:

It would be a shame if we just looked at our team objectively and called it was it is lol.

Quote:Aren't we already?

It was a joke kid

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:07 PM by MoJagFan.)

Quote:It takes 1 year to learn a job.  Gus has experience, as well.  So I don't think him learning on the job is an excuse.  Like Jeremy said, he's heading into his 3rd year.  I don't see how you can REGRESS from his first year.  They had less talent last year because Caldwell let everyone go.  He is doing things, I would say most coaches do not do.  That is why he is failing.  Bill Belichick could of had this team at .500 this year.  That is not a doubt in my mind. 

1995 Cleveland Team suggests Bill would not have gotten this team to a .500 record.  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm

Edit:

The problem with this team, we have nothing to point to and feel good about on offense.  Sure we can look at the defense but did they really wow us this year?  Close because they willed us to the Giants win but otherwise they were better but not eye popping.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I don't know why people waste their time talking about this. Fisch isn't going anywhere next season.

I don't know why people waste their time talking about this. Fisch isn't going anywhere next season.

People worried about our offensive production being set back due to an OC change makes my Monday.

Quote:I don't know why people waste their time talking about this. Fisch isn't going anywhere next season.

So true you posted twice Big Grin

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I don't know why people waste their time talking about this. Fisch isn't going anywhere next season.

oh im sorry, maybe we should waste our time talking about people wasting their time talking about this

Quote:It was a joke kid
Yes, I realize this.  I must come off as young if you are labeling me a kid, lol.

Quote:People worried about our offensive production being set back due to an OC change makes my Monday.
They are afraid.  That's why they could never be in any type of management.

Because people aren't happy. They aren't happy with a team that has gone 2-14, 4-12 and 3-13 that last three years. Nine wins in three years. There are 10 teams in the AFC that won that many games THIS YEAR. 10 of the 16 teams in our conference won as many games this year as we have in the last three.

And now we go into an offseason where it looks like the entire coaching staff will return.

Quote:the yawn thing is really stupid.  you should stop.

Yawn.