Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The problem with firing an offensive coordinator

Quote:Well I guess Caldwell is thinking the same. I'm not quite on board with the move but I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Caldwell did not make this call.   It was Bradley.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Caldwell did not make this call.   It was Bradley.  

Lets just say I don't think Caldwell disagreed with it

;

;

Quote: 

<div>

Looks like you guys are on the other side of the fence.  Dave Caldwell agrees with us folks who wanted a change.

</div>
Caldwell put the decision is Gus's hands.

Why you are such a blow hard, i have no idea.

Quote:Caldwell put the decision is Gus's hands.

Why you are such a blow hard, i have no idea.

:'(

Quote:I'm not saying I am or am not in favor of firing Fisch, but one thing has to be said, and that is, if they fire Fisch, and hire a new OC, under NFL rules for the offseason, the new coordinator cannot talk to Bortles until mid-April.   Players are not allowed to talk to coaches in the offseason until mid-April. 

That means there would be 3-1/2 months when Bortles will be without a playbook or an offensive system to study and learn. 

Bortles badly needs to study and master the playbook and the system right now.   Do we want to leave him without one until mid-April?    
Asked specifically about Trestman, Bradley said: “I know Marc. Marc’s a good person, but I haven’t thought that much into it yet.”

Overall, Bradley said of the new coordinator: “I hope he would have some experience. I want the best fit for us. If he’s a former head coach who has former play-calling experience and fits into your culture and will help us get better

jacksonville.com source

---------------

It would seem that Trestman is the most likely OC to replace Jedd Fisch.

or Mike Shanahan would be even better!

I understand that but April gives the new OC time to think of his current talent and design a playbook to their strengths.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!