Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The first move the jags make in your opinion!

In my opinion I honestly feel like Jedd Fisch needs to be shown the door.. His inconsistant play-calling, well his consistant bad play-calling tormented the jags all year! I dont wanna go to the statistics but im pretty sure this was one of the worst offenses the Jags have had in history.. Theres plenty of excuses you can hand out for the guy but the fact is his offensive schemes doesnt score a lot of tds.Did the jags convert on 3rd down yesterday by the way ? Smh Fisch 1st Henne 2nd!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fisch isn't going to be fired. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

;

;

Adios Cecil... Hello Amari Cooper

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

With all due respect to all those who frequent this forum (including me).........the very frist thing they should do is NOT come here and listen to us. Secondly, they should step back and not do anything for the next week or so. Then, get together all the key people in the decision making process and have a pow wow and come to a consensus as to what moves to make. In other words, no need to panic and make kneejerk decisions based on emotion. That said, few people would argue against putting our OL at the top of the "to do list". Clearly, changes must be made there. Some have got to go based on their performance. Some of these guys just don't have the "right stuff" to remain on the team and that's just the reality of it. Everything (AND I MEAN EVERYTHING) with the future success of this team begins at the OL. It matters not whether you have a blue chip QB or not if the OL is terrible. Because BOTH our pass protection & run blocking is poor, it effected every other position on the offensive side of the ball. Bortles didn't get sacked as many times as he did by accident.

He will not be fired because then the entire offense, including Blake, will have to spend an entire offseason learning a brand new offense. It will be like starting from scratch. They're in too deep.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Trade Cecil Shorts or Marcedes Lewis. Vet players need to show up. It's their job to show the young guns how to do it. Jags can get late picks for them.

Quote:Trade Cecil Shorts or Marcedes Lewis. Vet players need to show up. It's their job to show the young guns how to do it. Jags can get late picks for them.

Cecil can't be traded because he doesn't have a contract anymore.

Lewis is a possibility but I doubt anyone is interested at all.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Lewis will be cut.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:In my opinion I honestly feel like Jedd Fisch needs to be shown the door.. His inconsistant play-calling, well his consistant bad play-calling tormented the jags all year! I dont wanna go to the statistics but im pretty sure this was one of the worst offenses the Jags have had in history.. Theres plenty of excuses you can hand out for the guy but the fact is his offensive schemes doesnt score a lot of tds.Did the jags convert on 3rd down yesterday by the way ? Smh Fisch 1st Henne 2nd!

Please trade TE M. Lewis if you can get something for him.  He shows potential on a few plays (like the big gain TD right before his injury) but too many times he drops key easy passes, and is blocking isnt even that special....

Cecil Shorts III is a decent WR but i wouldnt be hurt if they traded him away too.  Tired of seeing him play as if he's heart isnt in the game anymore.  If they can get something for LT Luke Joekel that would be great, need a new LT... this guy blew it too many times this year...

Should cut WR Ace Sanders did nothing special at WR, messed up more than he did anything good at returning, and the drug suspesion thing doesnt help.  A lot of depth at WR, especially if they keep Cecil no reason to keep Ace

The team needs to draft either an elite CB or sign one in FA, especially Free Safety Josh Evans can be a depth player / backup but he's no starter.

How does everyone feel about about Toby Gerhart? I think he played lousy, but was not used right. He should be in on short downs. I'm shocked that he was not used in screen plays more often either. I would not mind, seeing Todd Gurly in Jacksonville.

Quote:He will not be fired because then the entire offense, including Blake, will have to spend an entire offseason learning a brand new offense. It will be like starting from scratch. They're in too deep.
Someone elses scratch might be twice as better then fischs 2 years.

Quote:How does everyone feel about about Toby Gerhart? I think he played lousy, but was not used right. He should be in on short downs. I'm shocked that he was not used in screen plays more often either. I would not mind, seeing Todd Gurly in Jacksonville.
Let him go.. Draft Gurley.. Bring in OL from fa..

Quote:Adios Cecil... Hello Amari Cooper
As much as anyone would like that, I doubt they spend their first pick on him.  I say the go DE or T with the 3rd over-all.  I just know Caldwell will be stuck there because he couldn't trade down the last 2 years.  Well, his first year, I think he was stuck on Blake.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:How does everyone feel about about Toby Gerhart? I think he played lousy, but was not used right. He should be in on short downs. I'm shocked that he was not used in screen plays more often either. I would not mind, seeing Todd Gurly in Jacksonville.
DE round 1, and Gurley Rd 2.  Offensive line Rd 3 and FA.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:In my opinion I honestly feel like Jedd Fisch needs to be shown the door.. His inconsistant play-calling, well his consistant bad play-calling tormented the jags all year! I dont wanna go to the statistics but im pretty sure this was one of the worst offenses the Jags have had in history.. Theres plenty of excuses you can hand out for the guy but the fact is his offensive schemes doesnt score a lot of tds.Did the jags convert on 3rd down yesterday by the way ? Smh Fisch 1st Henne 2nd!
This was one of the historically bad teams of all time.

USC Trojans DE Leonard Williams is best played as a 5-technique defensive end or that of a 3-4 defensive scheme lined up on the tackles shoulders for point of attack, and usually responsible for two gaps.  In a 4-3 he would most likely be a LEO position but with Chris Clemons, and Andre Branch I dont see the Jaguars drafting him in the 1st round (unless they plan on cutting Clemons for some reason)?

I dont see the Jaguars drafting a QB in the first round, even though Blake Bortles struggled it would show a huge mistake by the current GM & HC to take a QB in the 1st round back to back with no injuries to Blake.

The same might be true of a LT despite Luke Joekel's failure at the position does the GM want to admit that he screwed up in 2013's draft with the 1st overall pick going into year 3?

I think that he will most likely draft a CB with the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

Fire the sorry GM

Quote:Fire the sorry GM
I disagree, I think Caldwell had a better 2nd draft than his first and I think he's getting better as a GM.  I think they should keep him.

Boy, that's a tough one. There are probably as many good arguments both pro and con for keeping this guy as anyone out there. As a HUGE fan of Toby Gerhart, I'd like him to see as much success as possible. But, this is a game of production and he fell way short of expectations (especially his own). I believe his injury in the very opening game in Philly had lingering effects and clearly kept him from reaching his potential. That said, the moments he was in there were NOT exactly a ZANADU experience either. Add into the mix that DRob was the surprise of the year, and it makes keeping Toby that much less justified. But, as usual, it always comes back to why...........and it glares right back into our issues with the OL. Don't forget, DRob and Toby are polar opposites in running styles and DRob "found holes" and burst through them as opposed to Toby who typically follows his blockers and goes from there. DRob can get outside with more success than Toby too. The problem with Toby's style of running is that those "holes" he looks for the line to open.........were few and far between this year. On a brighter side, when he did appear to be healthy again, he had moments of Tobyesque style and production. But, they were moments.......not an entire game. But, to his defense, when he did get healthy....his touches were split with DRob and when DRob went down, Toby still didn't to be feature back anymore as they split his carries too with both Storm and Todman. Todman sure made a good argument to keep him around and not just for his kick returns either. Now, the Jags have a dilemma. If I'm the front office, I'm not as "desperate" for the real Toby to step up next year and kill it. I dunno...........my gut tells me based on his running style, he might be better off going to a team that already has an "established" OL as opposed to one that is a work in progress. I'm as suspect of the OL coming around much more than I am of Toby having another mediocre year next season. Maybe it's best for Toby and the Jags to release him.

Offensive line coach. Where is Russ Grimm?
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway