Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The first move the jags make in your opinion!

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 04:20 PM by ATLjag.)

I think the first move they are making is the move they have and are not.  They continue not to offer Cecil Shorts a new contract.  His play capped out as a #3 WR type of player, and this team now has a trio of receivers (4 counting Blackmon) with higher upside.  It would not surprise me to see them re-sign Alualu on the cheap and not create another need. 

In the draft, I always seem to hope for a trade down to pick up additional picks.  This year is no different.  However, if I had to choose one position if they stay at their pick, it would be a rush DE or Leo.  A replacement for the aging Clemons, and I am not sold on Branch, is needed.  If the right Leo is not there, I could also see a stud Otto if available.  You don't need to use a top 5 draft pick to find a starting ROT, TE, or RB.

In FA, I do see the Jags getting very active and overpaying, as Caldwell and Bradley will be on the hotseat for wins next year to save their jobs and what's left of their reputations.  Rookies take time to develop; time they do not have now.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Owners don't need to know football.  They need to hire people who know football.
Jerry Jones knows football and they are going to win it all.

Quote:No, because you can't write a sentence.
lol .. thats your reason.. Its called working dont have time to correct punctuation and spelling just for you. You must be a teacher. Anyways tell me bout football if u know it ?

Quote:Better they learn a new one this season than to learn a new offense and defense the next.
Agreed

Quote:Jerry Jones knows football and they are going to win it all.
Well, what about Dan Snyder?  I know he has a GM, but you know that guy is micromanaging that team and meddling in everything.  Just look at the Gruden & RGIII debacle. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.  So as far as the Jags go, I think a new offensive scheme would be good right now.  This way Bortles can look at his rookie season and understand how an NFL offense is not supposed to function.  There's still time for him to learn a new offense.  I'd cut bait, punt or whatever metaphor you want to use here and do it right booking now while these guys are young and still relatively inexperienced.

You must build an offensive line. Absolutely must. If you do you can get a running game going which will take a huge amount of pressure off 23 year old BB. If the offensive line can move the line of scrimmage without BB having to scramble to save his butt he might turn into a franchise guy after he matures.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Quote:First thing - ice cream sandwiches

Second thing - move Cecil Shorts to Qb

All he does is throw touchdowns!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I am thinking the first move of the Jags is a nice vacation before getting back into the grind of the Senior Bowl and the College Campus tours to see Draft picks work out. This upcoming draft will be significant to the Franchise.

Look like they made the move

Well now, there goes 'Coach' Fisch.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Fisch isn't going to be fired. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
Are you disappointed now that he was fired?