Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Smith to be fired

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-atlanta/

Any chance we get him as DC next year. He did very well when here in that position in the past.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If not him as DC, I'd bring back Mike Tice as OL coach if Yarno can't return.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:If not him as DC, I'd bring back Mike Tice as OL coach if Yarno can't return.

The Falcons had one of the league's worst offensive lines this year.

I think people forget how boring and conservative Smith's defenses were. With all the playmakers he had, you'd think he could have done better than he did. No one remembers the bend-but-don't-break late-game defenses? 

Quote:I think people forget how boring and conservative Smith's defenses were. With all the playmakers he had, you'd think he could have done better than he did. No one remembers the bend-but-don't-break late-game defenses? 

How about his last game in Jacksonville with his defense getting destroyed by Tom Brady.

Quote:The Falcons had one of the league's worst offensive lines this year.
Yes, but he did decently here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 09:15 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Yes, but he did decently here.

Yeah, Mike Tice was an excellent position coach. The Falcons had a tonne of injuries on their line. In the Minnesota game, a TE had to line up at RT to close out the game.

Quote:How about his last game in Jacksonville with his defense getting destroyed by Tom Brady.
Smith tried every single defensive strategy in the book during that game. 4-3, 3-4, 3-3-5, nickel, dime. You name it, the Jags played it during that game.

Players, not plays. 

He was a good DC, but couldnt turn that into wins as a HC.

Fire Gus and hire Mike Smith. Playoff bound 2015 season.

Quote:I think people forget how boring and conservative Smith's defenses were. With all the playmakers he had, you'd think he could have done better than he did. No one remembers the bend-but-don't-break late-game defenses? 

All the playmakers? We talking about the "no name Jags defense", right? Other than Rashean, that entire defense was a bunch of hard-nosed guys who just plays hard. He got a lot out of that defense.

Yeah, he's a bend don't break kind of guy.  I'll take aggressiveness all day.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:All the playmakers? We talking about the "no name Jags defense", right? Other than Rashean, that entire defense was a bunch of hard-nosed guys who just plays hard. He got a lot out of that defense.

I think you forgot about Stroud/Henderson, Darius, Mike Peterson.  I'd say that's a pretty damn good defense.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 02:16 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:I think you forgot about Stroud/Henderson, Darius, Mike Peterson.  I'd say that's a pretty damn good defense.

Darius was no longer here.The core of Smith's defense was Stroud/Henderson up front, Mike Pete, and then Rashean on the back end. Daryl is as solid as they come, but I wouldn't call him a playmaker (which I reserve to like...Ray Lewis, Julian Peterson in his prime, etc). Same with Mike Pete (though he's a bit better than Daryl against the pass). The rest of that defense (in some variations) were Spicer, Rob Meier, Sammy Knight, Reggie Nelson, Brian Williams, etc..

Not exactly a who's who of playmakers and pro-bowlers.

Still surprised he did get the boot, wonder who will take his place? They have a solid amount of parts in place id think.

With rumor of JDR going to Oakland i wonder if he gets Mike Smith to come as DC and Kotter as OC?

Quote:With rumor of JDR going to Oakland i wonder if he gets Mike Smith to come as DC and Kotter as OC?

What rumor? Nobody ever said anything about JDR leaving Denver.

Dirk Koetter was horrible in Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 05:12 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:What rumor? Nobody ever said anything about JDR leaving Denver.

Dirk Koetter was horrible in Jacksonville.

<div>[Image: 93Q5Q2uI_normal.jpeg] <b>Jason La Canfora</b> <span> <span>@JasonLaCanfora </span> </span>  ·  <span>6h 6 hours ago </span>
</div>
Look for Jack Del Rio to emerge in OAK, ATL to contact Rex, SF to approach Jim Mora several teams request Adam Gase. M. Shanahan wants Chicago

might want to follow him he seems to be up on all the NFL talk before some ppl

Would love to bring Mike Smith back as DC.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote: 

<div>
<div>[Image: 93Q5Q2uI_normal.jpeg]<b>Jason La Canfora</b> @JasonLaCanfora  ·  6h 6 hours ago
</div>
Look for Jack Del Rio to emerge in OAK, ATL to contact Rex, SF to approach Jim Mora several teams request Adam Gase. M. Shanahan wants Chicago

might want to follow him he seems to be up on all the NFL talk before some ppl

</div>

I get all information from NFL.com, not Twitter. And even JLC has not mentioned this on that website.