Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
End of season top 5 postition needs?

I have done this for every quarter, so here is the last.  What are your top 5 position needs for the Jags?

1. RT

2. FS

3. TE

4. MLB

5. RB 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

JT Thomas has been a good asset to have, that being said Erik Kendricks in 2nd round could be a steal. Agree with needs overall.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:22 AM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

Quote:I have done this for every quarter, so here is the last.  What are your top 5 position needs for the Jags?

1. RT

2. FS

3. TE

4. MLB

5. RB 
Why MLB or RB? Poz isn't good in pass coverage but we have him and J.T. Thomas who should be serviceable next year. Also, Denard, Todman, and Gerhart can be good next year.

1. LT

2. FS

3. TE

4. RT

5. C

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Ol

ol

ol

fs

ol

Quote:Why MLB or RB? Poz isn't good in pass coverage but we have him and J.T. Thomas who should be serviceable next year. Also, Denard, Todman, and Gerhart can be good next year.

1. LT

2. FS

3. TE

4. RT

5. C
Poz is coming off an injury and he wasnt all that good anyway, and would rather move Thomas to OLB with Perryman or McKinney at MLB.  RB is not a huge need but if we had a true number one like Todd Gurley or Telvin Coleman I think it would help Blake a ton.

Quote:I have done this for every quarter, so here is the last.  What are your top 5 position needs for the Jags?

1. RT

2. FS

3. TE

4. MLB

5. RB 

Tied for first (I want them all addressed either within 1st three rounds of the draft or via 1st/2nd day of free-agency): FS, RT, C

Second would be LB trio

Third would be veteran WR (to replace Cecil possibly?)

Fourth would be TE (lower in priority due to lack of options. Not a good FA and draft class for TE)

Running back last, mainly because I feel like this can be plug/play if our OL plays well enough.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:46 AM by astrorenegade.)

Quote:Tied for first (I want them all addressed either within 1st three rounds of the draft or via 1st/2nd day of free-agency): FS, RT, C

Second would be LB trio

Third would be veteran WR (to replace Cecil possibly?)

Fourth would be TE (lower in priority due to lack of options. Not a good FA and draft class for TE)

Running back last, mainly because I feel like this can be plug/play if our OL plays well enough.
I agree. I say... maybe blackmon can be the vet wr (hopefully ) and maybe harbor can be used more in pass plays.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 02:53 AM by TheSlinger.)

Not in order of importance.

1. TE

- Jaguars have gotten almost no production from this spot the last two years. Marcedes Lewis has the 2nd highest base salary of any TE next year and has combined for 565 yards the last two years. Harbor showed some flashes but finished the year with 4 catches in his last 8 games. This position needs a complete overhaul with multiple additions. 

2. RT

- Has been a revolving door of poor players, should be a relatively easy hole to fill with several solid free agents available as well as the draft. Should be the easiest upgrade on the O-line. 

3. LEO
- The pass rush has gotten better but little has come from the edge. Ryan Davis is nice but neither Clemons nor Branch look like long-term solutions. Luckily FA and the draft look strong in pass rushers. 

4. SLB/OTTO
- The team really doesn't have anybody capable of playing this position. For reference, Bruce Irvin plays this role on the Seahawks. Really need a dynamic presence on the edge. 

5. FS

- You could argue that the starting FS is the single most important player in this defense and Josh Evans is just not good at all. Will be interesting to see how they look to upgrade this position. Not a ton of options out there. 

You could double the length of this list and not run out of holes on this team but I think that these 5 are a good starting point. 

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

Am I doing it right?

Quote:Not in order of importance.

1. TE

- Jaguars have gotten almost no production from this spot the last two years. Marcedes Lewis has the 2nd highest base salary of any TE next year and has combined for 565 yards the last two years. Harbor showed some flashes but finished the year with 4 catches in his last 8 games. This position needs a complete overhaul with multiple additions. 

2. RT

- Has been a revolving door of poor players, should be a relatively easy hole to fill with several solid free agents available as well as the draft. Should be the easiest upgrade on the O-line. 

3. LEO

- The pass rush has gotten better but little has come from the edge. Ryan Davis is nice but neither Clemons nor Branch look like long-term solutions. Luckily FA and the draft look strong in pass rushers. 

4. SLB/OTTO

- The team really doesn't have anybody capable of playing this position. For reference, Bruce Irvin plays this role on the Seahawks. Really need a dynamic presence on the edge. 

5. FS

- You could argue that the starting FS is the single most important player in this defense and Josh Evans is just not good at all. Will be interesting to see how they look to upgrade this position. Not a ton of options out there. 

You could double the length of this list and not run out of holes on this team but I think that these 5 are a good starting point.

I wouldn't put TE at 1 due to importance of positions but I concur with this group.

1. RT

2. FS

3. TE

4. MLB

5. RB 

RT

FS

RB

TE

LT

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:RT

FS

RB

TE

LT

The fact that linebacker is not on here shows how many holes there still are on this roster.

Quote:The fact that linebacker is not on here shows how many holes there still are on this roster.
Agreed completely.

We have some skill position help for Bortles.

We still need a full time RB, at least one pass catching TE, and at least one tackle on offense so that Bortles has a chance to develop.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1. RT

2. FS

3. TE

4. MLB

5. RB 

I disagree I felt RT Auztin Paztor and depth Sam Young arent as horrible as many post on here.   I feel LT Luke Joekel has been far more of a disappointment than either of them two.

FS Josh Evans had a few good plays but mainly stunk as they have benched & even cut him already since drafting him in 2013.   TE is obivious as Clay Harbor is fast but hands arent great, and Lewis well is embarassing to say the least but he's on contract for 7 mil bonus probably will be cut in 2015.  MLB Poz is a beast but tearing a Pec and his age is concerning for depth JT Thomas showed moments of glory and failure.  RB is key, its like all of them had flashes but when the critical yardage was needed (or defense expected a run) it was non-existent (some of that is the Olines fault though).

Mine would be

1.) CB

2.) FS

3.) LT

4.) Interior Offensive Lineman

5.) LB

Quote:Ol

ol

ol

fs

ol

And OL

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:Not in order of importance.

1. TE

2. RT

<div>- Has been a revolving door of poor players, should be a relatively easy hole to fill with several solid free agents available as well as the draft. Should be the easiest upgrade on the O-line. 

3. LEO

4. SLB/OTTO

5. FS

</div>

I wonder if Gratz could play FS or compete for the position once moved back on the depth chart at CB since I hope they draft a CB in the first round.  I think Aaron Colvin will continue to improve and be good starter to the 1st round pick they go with and if maybe a Free Agency pickup to compete with Josh Evans, Gratz at Free Safety.   The TE position might not get addressed until next years draft (2016).  I think RT Sam Young did good against the Texans yesterday, and Paztor when healhty is a decent RT besides the draft is deep at RT this year can get one to compete in 4th or 5th Round.  The OLB might be addressed in the 3rd round of this years draft as I think the 2nd round is going to have to be a LT if not trade up for another 1st round pick.

LT

RT

TE

FS

LB

1)QB

2)QB

3)QB

4)QB

5)QB

Keep acquiring QBs till they finally get it right.