Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why do people want a rookie OT with the first pick?

Quote:The assertion that "the majority of this board" wants an OT with the first round pick seems like a major stretch to me. 

I haven't seen much of that tossed around. 

Personally - I'm all for bolstering the line with a couple FA signings and maybe a third or fourth round pick who may not start right away. 

Agree with this.

If anything, I think most Jaguars fans don't want more young linemen thrown into the fire.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agree with this.

If anything, I think most Jaguars fans don't want more young linemen thrown into the fire.
J.J. Watt has notched 57.5 sacks over his four year career.

9.5 (17%)  of those sacks have come against Jacksonville.

I don't care if it's a rookie or a vet that stops this, but I want that stopped.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015, 03:20 PM by muddylips.)

You know, we can sit and Monday quarterback all day, but Dave, Gus and I presume Khan decided to gut the team and go with youth. I understand the concept; I have to say though that if I were in Dave's shoes I would certainly be drafting with an eye to long term development, but in the short term I would've tried my best (given Khan's deep pockets) to fill positions like LT with a decent (not saying phenomenal) veteran who could at least deliver fairly decent protection for the rookie franchise quarterback. 

It still seems to me that someone in the Jags 'chain of command' 'caved' to fan pressure and put Bortles in when he really should have been still carrying a clip board; not because of a deficiency in Blake, but in our o-line. I have to assume that our o-line is why the HC had said he absolutely would not start him any sooner than the end of the season. So be it; and sure enough, our o-line did in fact suck out loud.

Nevertheless, I could see starting a rookie at LT if that rookie was of a caliber of Boselli; but outside of that, I'd have to roll with a veteran at that position and let the rookie eat lots of cornbread and get bigger and meaner until he was ready.

But that's me...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...