Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need a new offense

Enough said. Retaining Jedd Fisch would be a huge mistake that would result in just another year of pathetic offensive performances.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Enough said. Retaining Jedd Fisch would be a huge mistake that would result in just another year of pathetic offensive performances.

i agree. lets be honest here though, this loss is good for the jaguars.

i know the OL will improve with an offseason, more experience but it needs to be upgraded as much as possible in FA and the draft (if we pick 3, leonard williams is the best move) and then OL after that. the rest of the pieces for the offense are more than good enough to produce.

we need a new OC that will help blake progress, better play calling, and get the most out of these rookies.

there is no reason it should be this bad minus the inexperience.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

86 yards passing is utter failure. If you want to place most of the blame on Bortles, then we need somebody who can coach him better.

The regression of this offense is concerning

Quote:86 yards passing is utter failure. If you want to place most of the blame on Bortles, then we need somebody who can coach him better.
That right there should be enough to pack Fisch's bags.  For good.

The horizontal passing is so annoying

How are inaccurate passes, dropped balls, and poor o-line play Fisch's fault? This one isn't on Fisch. At this point I just think fans, who are largely ignorant of what is really going on on the field, need to vent their frustration and Fisch is the whipping boy.

Quote:How are inaccurate passes, dropped balls, and poor o-line play Fisch's fault? This one isn't on Fisch. At this point I just think fans, who are largely ignorant of what is really going on on the field, need to vent their frustration and Fisch is the whipping boy.

Like i said... We need somebody to coach him better then. But imo this offensive scheme is a mile behind what the league's better offenses are doing.

Upgrading Fisch would be fairly easy.

He needs another season to completely regress Bortles to a pop warner player.  

Quote:How are inaccurate passes, dropped balls, and poor o-line play Fisch's fault? This one isn't on Fisch. At this point I just think fans, who are largely ignorant of what is really going on on the field, need to vent their frustration and Fisch is the whipping boy.

Easier to fire an OC than sign/draft an entire new offense. 

If roman is available i can see Dave Going aft4er him

We've needed a new one for a long time now...

If all those 8 rookies who have been playing on offense get better, we should be much better next year, add a RB and TE and some OL help

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

So why wasn't Fisch's offense more successful at Miami? Was it a lack of talent there, too?

Quote:Easier to fire an OC than sign/draft an entire new offense.

Honestly what do we have to lose? Time to start fresh.

I dont want to hear people worried about learning a new offense. The Ravens hired a new OC mid season and won a Super Bowl.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 05:19 PM by JagFanP.)

I think you have to look at the body of work over the last two seasons.  Rookies aside.  There is no creativity.  We need 9 yards on third down and we throw the ball three.  We have no creativity for the most part.  We blow leads because we don't play to win.  We don't attack.  The coaches are paid to get the most out of these guys.  Do you see where they are getting the most out of them?  Fisch came in here with this zone blocking scheme that does nothing but get blown up play after play after play.  Is it miraculously going to get fixed in the offseason.  I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.  I'm not a huge fan of Gus either, but I think he survives.

Quote:If all those 8 rookies who have been playing on offense get better, we should be much better next year, add a RB and TE and some OL help

That will only help a little considering this offense currently plays an entire game only within the sticks. We never ever stretch the field and the PA bootleg is the staple... which is a joke.

Quote:Enough said. Retaining Jedd Fisch would be a huge mistake that would result in just another year of pathetic offensive performances.

Greg Roman and Marc Trestman should both be available. Trestman's offense might be a smoother transition, as the o'line isn't set up for the Harbaugh/Roman power running scheme. We'll see how wedded Gus is to Fisch, whom he didn't work with before his hiring. I think he should be cut the same as an underperforming player.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I completely agree. The line can't block, the receivers can't get open, when the do, they can't catch, Blake has been horribly inaccurate, and we can't execute the short stuff. What in the heck do you expect? This O is obysmal.

Quote:If roman is available i can see Dave Going aft4er him

Maybe, but 49ers O isn't anything special. The only time it's worked is when Gore is carrying them.