Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread - Second Half***

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 03:35 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile   So far after the first half, Texans QB Case Keenum  started the game scoring by throwing a 7-yard pass play to RB Arian Foster to take the early lead 7-0. However, the Jaguars stormed back and take the lead in the first quarter, and into the second, with a 53-yard field goal by Josh Scobee, then Jags CB Dwayne Gratz scored on a 55-yard INT return, followed by a Scobee PAT, to give Jacksonville the lead 10-7.

Texans then came back for the lead again with a 1-yard touchdown run by RB Alfred Blue in the second quarter, capping a 14-play scoring drive to make the score Houston - 14, Jacksonville - 10.

Jaguars last drive ended at midfield before the end of the first half, where the halftime score is Houston -14, Jacksonville - 10.

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles is 8 for 15 for 68 yards, while the Texans Case Keenum is 14 for 19 for 162 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Texans DE Justin James Watt also leads the NFL with 19.5 sacks.

Jaguars are seeking to win their fourth game of the season, a repeat of their 2013 regular season record led by Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley, and GM David Caldwell.

Jaguars and Texans are meeting this afternoon in their 26th meeting with the Texans leading the all-time regular season series with 14 wins and 11 losses, and also outscored our Jaguars 564 points to 510.  Houston also defeated Jacksonville 27-13 in the earlier meeting, played at EverBank Field three weeks ago back on December 7.

I also wish great luck to the Jacksonville Jaguars as they try to assemble a talented team to win more than 4 games, and be more competitive both in the AFC South  Division, and the NFL.  As Frank Sinatra has said, 'The Best Is Yet To Come.'

I also want to thank both the registered users and the moderators, and online guests here in The Jungle, the Official Jacksonville Jaguars Online Fan Message Board, for  allowing me to start mostly both the game day and game night threads throughout the 2014 Jaguars season. And also participating, including myself, on the Jaguars game day threads.  :thanks:

And I also wish everyone here in The Jungle, Jaguars Fan Message Board, continued Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year! 

Hope Coach Gus Bradley, QB Blake Bortles, and the rest of the Jaguars win their second consecutive game in the second half. We'll see how the rest of this game plays out, as Chris Myers, Jamael Oronde (Ronde) Barber, and sideline reporter and interviewer Jennifer Hale. announce for The NFL On FOX, and locally on WFOX Channel 30 in Jacksonville,  at New Radiant Group Stadium in Houston, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!  :yes:  B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2014/regular17

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122803...ars@texans

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile   So far after the first half, Texans QB Case Keenum  started the game scoring by throwing a 7-yard pass play to RB Arian Foster to take the early lead 7-0. However, the Jaguars stormed back and take the lead in the first quarter, and into the second, with a 53-yard field goal by Josh Scobee, then Jags CB Dwayne Gratz scored on a 55-yard INT return, followed by a Scobee PAT, to give Jacksonville the lead 10-7.

Texans then came back for the lead again with a 1-yard touchdown run by RB Alfred Blue in the second quarter, capping a 14-play scoring drive to make the score Houston - 7, Jacksonville - 10.

Jaguars last drive ended at midfield before the end of the first half.

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles is 8 for 15 for 68 yards, while the Texans Case Keenum is 14 for 19 for 162 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Texans DE Justin James Watt also leads the NFL with 19.5 sacks.

Jaguars are seeking to win their fourth game of the season, a repeat of their 2013 regular season record led by Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley, and GM David Caldwell.

I also wish great luck to the Jacksonville Jaguars as they try to assemble a talented team to win more than 4 games, and be more competitive both in the AFC South  Division, and the NFL.  As Frank Sinatra has said, 'The Best Is Yet To Come.'

I also want to thank both the registered users and the moderators, and online guests here in The Jungle, the Official Jacksonville Jaguars Online Fan Message Board, for  allowing me to start mostly both the game day and game night threads throughout the 2014 Jaguars season. And also participating, including myself, on the Jaguars game day threads.  :thanks:

And I also wish everyone here in The Jungle, Jaguars Fan Message Board, continued Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year!  :yes:  B)   :thumbsup:

Hope Coach Gus Bradley, QB Blake Bortles, and the rest of the Jaguars win their second consecutive game in the second half. We'll see how the rest of this game plays out, as Chris Myers, Jamael Oronde (Ronde) Barber, and sideline reporter and interviewer Jennifer Hale. announce for The NFL On FOX, and locally on WFOX Channel 30 in Jacksonville,  at New Radiant Group Stadium in Houston, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!  :yes:

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2014/regular17

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122803...ars@texans

who cares if you start them?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We're fortunate that this game is only 14-10 at the half. The defense has got to step it up more, but Fisch has got to stop playing it so conservatively. It's week 17, you're 3-12, out of the playoffs, no momentum, and you're being evaluated for next season. We have nothing to lose.

Tampa is winning tank squad.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Is 4 points insurmountable for our offense?  

Quote:Is 4 points insurmountable for our offense?  
Yes.  Carry on.

If Bucs win, does that change anything for our position if we lose? Or does it give Tennessee their pick of franchise QB?

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 03:35 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Defense has been on the field A LOT. Their offense is winning the physical match-ups and we're missing tackles. The line is crumbling everywhere like usual against Houston. Lewis and Shorts are dead money. I think that sums it up.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Is 4 points insurmountable for our offense?

Not for the offense but the defense is another question...

Or Is It?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:If Bucs win, does that change anything for our position if we lose? Or does it give Tennessee their pick of franchise QB?
Pretty sure at best we are 3 and at worse 6 no matter what.

Quote:If Bucs win, does that change anything for our position if we lose? Or does it give Tennessee their pick of franchise QB?

If anything it should push Leonard Williams down the draft board.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

And here's our 2nd scoop thread.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Period #2...

No Offense Ladies...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Can the offense do anything? Boring watching this team offensively

Quote:If anything it should push Leonard Williams down the draft board.

Lets just hope TEN picks the wrong guy.

The good news Confusedo far the Jags are covering the spread.

The bad news: there's still a half to play.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:And here's our 2nd scoop thread.

They are in the locker room screaming "We believe in victory!"  Maybe Mrs Bradley brought them all orange slices.

Has Williams declared for the draft yet?

Quote:Has Williams declared for the draft yet?

He is waiting to see the result of this game.

Quote:Lets just hope TEN picks the wrong guy.
Jameis "Crazy Crab Legs" Winston?