Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lamping says revenue up 10%

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The relocation talk has all but disappeared, and this is one reason why. This team is now creating the blueprint for others to follow, much to the chagrin of those few still predicting a move.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So true here....

"Just imagine what they’ll be feeling if we can actually start winning football games. That’s the most important thing we can do to improve our fan experience is to play better." - Lamping

The city will go insane with a winning team.  For me, I appreciate the early years so much more based on our decade of struggles.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Man if this team is even in playoff discussion (like the Texans for example), this place is going to go crazy.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I don't know.  I think if we get in the playoffs the bandwagoners will jump back in, but they'll jump back off just as fast if we lose.  They even do it when their mighty Gators have a couple of bad seasons.  The Gator flags that were flying high came down pretty quick after Tebow left.  This was the same bunch that was screaming Bronco-Gator or whatever that thing was until Rex Ryan ended that. This team needs diehards more than anything.  I just don't think there are as many of us as we need right now, but it's growing.  We've done a great job and I've noticed the crowd getting younger at the games so there is hope.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 02:01 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:I don't know.  I think if we get in the playoffs the bandwagoners will jump back in, but they'll jump back off just as fast if we lose......  

Let'um jump. Their seats will be gone to others.

I brought two folks this season that had so much fun they will wind up buying season tickets for next year.

Here's the deal.....we're no longer getting blown out.

They saw a competitive game. An NFL game.And they had FUN!

The stadium is a happening place these days.

Seeing Jackson jump in the pool was great!

and can't say enough good about those boards. I think it works on our opponents mind.

[Image: U33ySe3l.jpg]

The atmosphere, especially during the browns, giants and tacks was electric.

Yeah... we'll be win junkies......but it feels so dang good!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

You got to find fans outside of Jacksonville to be popular in this league. People love winning
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Let'um jump. Their seats will be gone to others.

I brought two folks this season that had so much fun they will wind up buying season tickets for next year.

Here's the deal.....we're no longer getting blown out.

They saw a competitive game. An NFL game.And they had FUN!

The stadium is a happening place these days.

Seeing Jackson jump in the pool was great!

and can't say enough good about those boards. I think it works on our opponents mind.
[Image: U33ySe3l.jpg]

The atmosphere, especially during the browns, giants and tacks was electric.

Yeah... we'll be win junkies......but it feels so dang good!

Sweet pic.
Huh

I cant wait for us to be winning and stuff but man it will be weird if I start seeing Jaguar stuff in my local stores... I do get lonely being the only jag fan at times tho...

But the team is supposed to be moving, or something like that. 

I worked Sundays this year, but I do wonder about one promise they made, do they actually show more replays on the board now? I'm about ready to just start taking Sundays off to see the game if they show replays on the board now because CBS clearly doesn't know how to. I can't understand why they go from camera to camera watching people stand around in a huddle instead of showing a replay. Its incredible.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

More money for Khan and still the same garbage team we've had. Lets get this offseason going  and worry about revenue later 

Quote:More money for Khan and still the same garbage team we've had. Lets get this offseason going  and worry about revenue later 
The NFL Equation:

Less garbage on Roster = More wins  + More moolah for Khan.  

Business 101.

Quote:The NFL Equation:

Business 101.

The real equation would be More wins - less garbage players= More money for Khan ..

You didn't make any sense with your equation. money comes in after the wins come in. So thats what u have to equal it out to. 

Quote:The real equation would be More wins - less garbage players= More money for Khan ..

You didn't make any sense with your equation. money comes in after the wins come in. So thats what u have to equal it out to. 
OK.  Thanks for correcting it for me professor  Blush

Quote:You got to find fans outside of Jacksonville to be popular in this league. People love winning

And this has nothing to do with this thread

;

;

Quote:The NFL Equation:

Business 101.
Actually, he shouldn't be worrying about wins, that the thing you have the least control over. Obviously you WANT to win, and it would help, but Khan is not a GM nor a coach, he did exactly what he should do - he improved the gameday experience regardless of the outcome of the game. Cuban said something similar about when he bought the Timberwolves, in fact I tihnk he said his first rule was firing anyone that talked about wins and losses.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:I don't know.  I think if we get in the playoffs the bandwagoners will jump back in, but they'll jump back off just as fast if we lose.  They even do it when their mighty Gators have a couple of bad seasons.  The Gator flags that were flying high came down pretty quick after Tebow left.  This was the same bunch that was screaming Bronco-Gator or whatever that thing was until Rex Ryan ended that. This team needs diehards more than anything.  I just don't think there are as many of us as we need right now, but it's growing.  We've done a great job and I've noticed the crowd getting younger at the games so there is hope.

My favorite are the ones that think they know him, and call him "Timmy."  I can't help but LOL

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:And this has nothing to do with this thread

Since when did context ever matter to that poster?

Maybe he'll start a poll!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Actually, he shouldn't be worrying about wins, that the thing you have the least control over. Obviously you WANT to win, and it would help, but Khan is not a GM nor a coach, he did exactly what he should do - he improved the gameday experience regardless of the outcome of the game. Cuban said something similar about when he bought the Timberwolves, in fact I tihnk he said his first rule was firing anyone that talked about wins and losses.
I think he should absolutely be worried about wins.  Wins put butts in the seats which increases revenue.  Those pools and scoreboards will only go so far.  Winning is what brings the fans.  Fans buy tickets, parking, beer, hot dogs and T-shirts, etc.  All of those things increase revenue.  Do 40,000 fans spend more money than 66,000?  Every ticket that goes unsold is money lost to the team.  Just look at the difference the London game has made to the bottom line.

Cuban owns the Mavericks not the Timberwolves, but I know what you meant.