Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What will our offense look like?

Marrone and Hackett ran a offensive scheme called Air Coryell with the Bills. Marrone went 9-7 with Kyle Orton as his QB. I have heard that Norv Turner runs this offense? What is Air Coryell? Only thing I know is that it features a big strong O Line and a power running game and the receivers run mid to deep range routes? How would this help Blake? If someone knows about this scheme please explain how it works and what is needed for it to work. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mods please delete the other one. It posted twice. 

Like poo if Bortles continues to throw ducks and inaccurate passes.

Quote:Like poo if Bortles continues to throw ducks and inaccurate passes.

Classic Bklyn
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I was actually going to say it won't do anything to help Bortles if Bortles can't learn how to consistently throw an accurate spiral. How bklyn of me.

Sign Dan fouts at qb, do it coughlin

I hope it's about the big uglies with a strong ground game and a splash of play action.

Championzilly

If he don't fix that windup then it really won't matter.

Quote:If he don't fix that windup then it really won't matter.

did he had the wind up in 2015? If not then please stop complaining about it like he never fixed this issue before. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I was actually going to say it won't do anything to help Bortles if Bortles can't learn how to consistently throw an accurate spiral. How bklyn of me.

Well its the truth.

I believe that he will get back to 2015 form or better after his trip to Cali. He comes back and has a better release and footwork I think he will be much better. So will Bortles excel in Marrone/Hackett offense after he improves his mechanics?

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://blackandteal.com/2017/01/23/jacksonville-jaguars-will-run-hybrid-air-coryell-offense-2017/'>http://blackandteal.com/2017/01/23/jacksonville-jaguars-will-run-hybrid-air-coryell-offense-2017/</a>

That's actually a pretty decent article.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

The same

Offensive.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Marrone and Hackett ran a offensive scheme called Air Coryell with the Bills. Marrone went 9-7 with Kyle Orton as his QB. I have heard that Norv Turner runs this offense? What is Air Coryell? Only thing I know is that it features a big strong O Line and a power running game and the receivers run mid to deep range routes? How would this help Blake? If someone knows about this scheme please explain how it works and what is needed for it to work. 

Sounds like the 90's Cowboys.  I'll take it if we can do it at their level.

Quote:http://blackandteal.com/2017/01/23/jacks...ense-2017/

Quote:The pair decided they would work together to further develop the identity of the Syracuse offense. Marrone and Hackett essentially isolated themselves in a room and didn’t emerge until they formulated a system they felt would work for their team.

This part I really like.  

Just reading this I think I have a different perspective on the recent moves the team has made.  It was clear that Coughin (and Belichick also as it turns out) was high on Chip Kelly.  Whether Chip Kelly was the right choice or not, there are a couple things evident about him.  He's innovative and unconventional.  He's not a follower of convention, he creates his own convention.  Just like Belichick, he doesn't follow, he creates.  They create systems.

What's important is that Kelly is who Coughlin covets, but he chose Marrone and Hackett.  This leads me to believe that Marrone/Hackett has some of the traits that Kelly has.  Not his philosophy, but the capability to create their own.

Quote:did he had the wind up in 2015? If not then please stop complaining about it like he never fixed this issue before.

I didn't notice one in 2015. But just because he didn't have a windup 2 years ago don't mean he will fix it. I hope he does.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 05:47 AM by jessepeck1213.)

Quote:I didn't notice one in 2015. But just because he didn't have a windup 2 years ago don't mean he will fix it. I hope he does.

I think the shoulder issues added to the elongated loop. It should tighten up some this off season. I'm more concerned about his footwork. Qbs can be successful with a little bit of a long delivery. But if his footwork is as bad as last year, you can put a fork in him.

I believe it has a somewhat traditional base but receivers are given multiple route tree options. This allows for QB's to be very improvisational depending on the coverage the QB sees. So the X and Z will come out of each play with a few route options, the QB motions and moves players around. This is why the Jags may have had serious interest in Chip Kelly since Kelly's offense had similar set ups on passing plays. Kelly emphasizes fast-paced offense in similar ways to the Coryell scheme. Much Like the Coryell, Kelly's offense relied on stretching out the defense and allowing Foles to make less accurate throws, disguising his weaknesses as a thrower. These are some big reasons why DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek did really well in his offense before Kelly got rid of all the Eagles talent. You'll see the fast pace, motions and utilizing players more as athletes than traditional position players. (I.E. RB's run, WR's catch, TE's Block). The offense focuses on the vertical spread, incorporates a lot of timing and includes more of a straight forward power running game. 

Meaning there may be some complexity on routes, with a lot of room for Blakes creativity with option runs, screens, reverses but expect simplicity, small yardage plays and avoids tight windows that Blake struggles with. The entire design works when Bortles can play like a conservative west coast QB like Alex smith, but with bigger passing windows. Bortles game relies on the deep threat to keep the windows larger for Bortles. Bortles isn't going to win games with tight spirals, he wins on improvisation and broken coverage. Bortles can be successful if he has free time to let the recievers break apart the defense. This is also why developing a stronger ground rushing is paramount to his success. The Jaguars were one-dimensional, teams game planned to stop the recievers from creating any large gaps for Borltes. 

Some concerns, The offense uses an H-back more than traditional tight ends and does emphasize the Tight End as a receiver more than a blocker. I really don't know if Thomas and Koyak fit this role. I just can't imagine Thomas accumulating the reception targets that the Coryell offense requires.

The offense is rally risky. You cannot be one-dimensional or play poorly on the o-line. Borltes is highly inconsistent when things are going wrong. this offense can get thrown off and completely derailed on one or two plays, killing drives because QB's can get exposes to sacks and extended time for holding calls due to the high usage of deeper pass plays and complex route assignments. 

The reason this offense was so successful with Warner, Bruce and Holt was that you had some of the most disciplined guys participating. Bruce and Holt were dedicated and unselfish players and that's really the key to their greatness.

I think it's a great offense for Bortles because Borltes will never be a tight window, accurate thrower. He can be successful if Robinson and Hurns can consistently stretch the field and keep the windows larger.