Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knight and Day

Ignore the title pun..

Bortles regression since taking the starting job has been somewhat uncomfortable to watch, but when you look at him in the preseason (throwing darts, extremely polished looking) to how he's been in the regular season (inaccurate, bad decisions, etc) the most glarring difference is his footwork/throwing motion.

In the preseason he looked like a 100% different player than I saw in college, he clearly had worked hard on perfecting his mechanics and it showed but as the season went on he reverted to his UCF days and it's unfortunate but the question is, will he be able to permanently fix these issues? Because if he doesn't we might have a big issue.

Just want to hear your thoughts on the matter, I feel like mechanics/throwing motion are his biggest issues right now other than a bad O line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles will be able to fix his mechanics, but he'll need at least this offseason to work on them. They can't really focus on mechanics in season when he has to be planning to a new defense every week. This is exactly why the brass wanted to red shirt him this season and let him just focus on become a better technician; however, I'm sure in the long run he'll be just fine.

I'm sure he knows that better than anyone. He's an insane competitor, I bet he'll be working on it all off-season.

Thing that bothers me is how quickly he regressed.

*Night and Day ?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I was a big Bortles fanboy early on,but I'm a little concerned he won't reach that franchise QB status he needs to attain.Being able to change muscle memory,mechanics isn't easy to do.He also needs to get better and faster with decision making.

One glaring positive is he's such a gamer in crunch time.And Blake has a strong disposition,which will be helpful in overcoming shortcomings.

Quote:*Night and Day ?

Lol who did he play for in college? Cmon man
"Get Better Everyday"

When you say regression do you mean in his mechanics? Or in his game overall?

Quote:Thing that bothers me is how quickly he regressed.
I think you're just looking for something to complain about. Anyone who thought that Bortles would come into the season playing like he did in the preseason was just being ignorant. He didn't face anything in preseason. Also he has cut down on his turnovers the last few weeks...I don't know what you call that be I call that progress. He has a higher comp. % than Carr more yards than Teddy and almost as many sacks as both...combined (50 - 57). I am not saying he's playing his best ball, but while we cannot blame all the sacks on the O-Line we also cannot blame all the picks and low comp %  on Bortles. What impresses me is his ints have went down...that's progress. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

I enjoy when us claim to have a clue when it comes rhings like mechanics and footwork. Please excuse me so I can go put on a roll of "tape"

Quote:I enjoy when us claim to have a clue when it comes rhings like mechanics and footwork. Please excuse me so I can go put on a roll of "tape"

So you think that because someone is not a NFL coach they can't spot flaws in mechanics?

Name a QB that came in with awful mechanics who fixed them and became a franchise QB.

Quote:Name a QB that came in with awful mechanics who fixed them and became a franchise QB.
several

Quote:Name a QB that came in with awful mechanics who fixed them and became a franchise QB.

Aaron Rodgers

"McCarthy’s quarterback school paid off in a big way for signal caller Aaron Rodgers, who came into the league with quirky mechanics taught by the University of California’s infamous (in NFL circles) head coach Jeff Tedford and has since become arguably the league’s best quarterback."

Are you saying you think Bortles has awful mechanics?

Quote:several

That's not helpful.

Names?

Quote:Aaron Rodgers

"McCarthy’s quarterback school paid off in a big way for signal caller Aaron Rodgers, who came into the league with quirky mechanics taught by the University of California’s infamous (in NFL circles) head coach Jeff Tedford and has since become arguably the league’s best quarterback."

Thanks.

Others?

Quote:Are you saying you think Bortles has awful mechanics?

Yes

Aaron Rodgers held the ball up really high by his ear. It was discussed heavily during the draft. If you look at pics now, he doesn't do that. Blakes issues are footwork which is easier of a fix than throwing motion.

Quote:Lol who did he play for in college? Cmon man

Ha I figured I was missing something! Well played op well played
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]