Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knight and Day

Bortles is going to win a lot of games because (1) he's shown ability to mount half ending/game ending drives and (2) he's tough as nails.  Both attributes of the best QBs in the league.  The mechanics and reads will come with repetition and experience.  You can teach good mechanics and proper reads.  You can't teach poise and toughness.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's preseason.  Players don't play as hard and blitz alot less.  With a clean pocket it's easy to look good.  This offensive line has been horrible most of the year and has not helped bortles.  Get the line fixed to help the Qb out.  What is discouraging is hearing the staff talk about keeping these bums.

Give bortles a good line and I bet we see a huge improvement.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:It's preseason.  Players don't play as hard and blitz alot less.  With a clean pocket it's easy to look good.  This offensive line has been horrible most of the year and has not helped bortles.  Get the line fixed to help the Qb out.  What is discouraging is hearing the staff talk about keeping these bums.

Give bortles a good line and I bet we see a huge improvement.
Keeping rookies and second year players around?

Who on earth does that?

Oh yeah, people with at least half a brain.

Anyone bringing up how preseason = less competition did not actually read the thread fully because that's completely irrelevant to what i'm saying.

I've been thinking about something that this thread reminds me of...  Namely this regression regarding his footwork.

there are multiple times where it looks like BB5's feet are set in concrete when he gets the snap, shifts his body and throws the ball.  I've seen it more often during shot gun plays where it's a quick out---  He catches the ball, turns his hips and throws it.  He hardly moves his feet at all...

This is clearly a regression.  He used to have the normal hop in his foot work at the start of the season.

So here's what has been bothering me for a few weeks now...  This idea that during practice and throughout the week, coaches and BB5 just don't have enough time to deal with his footwork.  I mean, really?  Is this actually the case?  Is football practice at the NFL level so cerebral that there is no time for the coaches to say, he' BB5, stop throwing flat-footed.

Is there no time during practice for them to work on his footwork?  

I mean, I'm having a hard time believing that to be the case.  But, I'm not privy to these sorts of things.  Can anyone provide any insight on what a normal week of practice/preperation is in the NFL?  

I'm just shoked to think that they would go through an entire week and never address any fundamentals for a QB during all the practices and walk throughs and drills that occur during an NFL "work week".  Just seems odd to me...  But then again, I'm not sharpest knife in the drawer...  Mostly just a spoon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've been thinking about something that this thread reminds me of...  Namely this regression regarding his footwork.

there are multiple times where it looks like BB5's feet are set in concrete when he gets the snap, shifts his body and throws the ball.  I've seen it more often during shot gun plays where it's a quick out---  He catches the ball, turns his hips and throws it.  He hardly moves his feet at all...

This is clearly a regression.  He used to have the normal hop in his foot work at the start of the season.

So here's what has been bothering me for a few weeks now...  This idea that during practice and throughout the week, coaches and BB5 just don't have enough time to deal with his footwork.  I mean, really?  Is this actually the case?  Is football practice at the NFL level so cerebral that there is no time for the coaches to say, he' BB5, stop throwing flat-footed.

Is there no time during practice for them to work on his footwork?  

I mean, I'm having a hard time believing that to be the case.  But, I'm not privy to these sorts of things.  Can anyone provide any insight on what a normal week of practice/preperation is in the NFL?  

I'm just shoked to think that they would go through an entire week and never address any fundamentals for a QB during all the practices and walk throughs and drills that occur during an NFL "work week".  Just seems odd to me...  But then again, I'm not sharpest knife in the drawer...  Mostly just a spoon.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/17566...in-the-nfl