Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BCC (fan) article on the Jags pass rush/combines hurries and sacks

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/22/1...ge-rushers

Looking at the #'s, I was quite shocked to see how productive our pass rush was last year when you combine hurries and sacks. It's smart to combine both #'s as sacks aren't everything, the old saying goes sacks end drives while hurries (theoretically) lead to interceptions, another one is "disruption is production". This defensive line was quite disruptive last year if you factor in both #'s, with Dante Fowler (surprisingly) combining for a total of 24 sack/hurries. Given he only played 570 snaps that number is quite impressive, especially considering he was essentially a rookie returning from an ACL.

Now this is not to say the Jaguars shouldn't target a player like JPP in feee agency, but (given this data) I wouldn't be shocked if we don't make signing an edge rusher a focal point. I expect our FA priorities in the following order;

1. OG- targets include Kevin Zeitler, TJ Lang, Ronald Leary, and possibly Larry Warford

2. CB- targets include AJ Bouye, Trumaine Johnson, Stephen Gilmore, Logan Ryan, Morris Claiborne

3. RT- targets include Rick Wagner (the Jags should make signing him a priority as he's a clear upgrade over JP)

4. Edge- targets include JPP, Mario Addison, Nick Perry, and Jabaal Sheard.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares?  It's BCC.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Who cares? It's BCC.

You obviously care as you took time to comment, did you even read the article? Who cares where it's coming from? The information in article isn't agenda driven, it's actually quite enlightening for those who don't have a narrow mind, but hey it's BCC so it HAS to be garbage!

BCC

Big Crap Country 

Quote:BCC

Big Crap Country

Please explain what about this particular fan article is crap? I'll wait

I somewhat agree with the article but the author should probably cite his source on those numbers.

Quote:Please explain what about this particular fan article is crap? I'll wait

I didn't bother to read the article (I refuse to give Alfie or his hipster minions clicks).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Please explain what about this particular fan article is crap? I'll wait

It's written on that site. I can't read it because I don't want my computer to catch the stupid virus from Alfie. 

Decent article. I still believe the defense is a disruptive DT and S away on defense. Maybe even another CB away depending on how they line up in 2017. 

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

You guys should read the article, it would go a long way in that whole pretending dante fowler is good at football thing you guys love so much.

Quote:I didn't bother to read the article (I refuse to give Alfie or his hipster minions clicks).
None of them wrote the article so youre not giving them clicks

BCC is an SBNation website, they dont own it.

Somewhere, Alfie just snorted a line of cheeseburger.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 05:34 PM by GlockBortles.)

I dont know why you guys hate BCC so much when this board is equally as bad.

Quote:I dont know why you guys hate BCC so much when this board is equally as bad.

This, the ignorance and stupidity in this board at times is simply shocking

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 05:54 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:This, the ignorance and stupidity in this board at times is simply shocking
On top of that, the criticism that BCC is just overly negative and treats everything like the sky is falling but this board writes essays daily about "theres still hope!" including the exact same reasons in every post, just with different but equally abundant spelling and grammar mistakes.

BCC does some good stuff here and there. Easy to make fun of though with the way the writers carry on sometimes.

The whole Dan Skuta incident was hilarious to watch unfold.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 06:32 PM by jrvegeeta.)

Quote:BCC does some good stuff here and there. Easy to make fun of though with the way the writers carry on sometimes.

The whole Dan Skuta incident was hilarious to watch unfold.

Haven't really been on that site in a couple of years other than a few glances. What exactly did they write about the incident?

Quote:Haven't really been on that site in a couple of years other than a few glances. What exactly did they write about the incident?
They deleted it all now but it was during the offseason Dan Skuta was apparently in an incident a tonight as apparently a woman had reported him assault. BCC jumped on it and went to town on him saying he should be cut immediately blah blah blah

Few people told them to wait until do rete evidence comes out. They were all over twitter freaking out on Skuta and saying anyone who wants him on the team supports domestic violence and all that [BLEEP]. Anyway ended up Skuta didn't do anything wrong. They deleted everything then.

Out of the CB'S mentioned I like Ryan the best.

Quote:They deleted it all now but it was during the offseason Dan Skuta was apparently in an incident a tonight as apparently a woman had reported him assault. BCC jumped on it and went to town on him saying he should be cut immediately blah blah blah

Few people told them to wait until do rete evidence comes out. They were all over twitter freaking out on Skuta and saying anyone who wants him on the team supports domestic violence and all that [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Anyway ended up Skuta didn't do anything wrong. They deleted everything then.

Thanx, dude. That kind of crap is just one of the many reasons why I don't take Alfie "needs to eat" Crow and Ryan "rainy" Day seriously.