Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BCC (fan) article on the Jags pass rush/combines hurries and sacks

Quote:The thing that has always gotten to me about that site and their following is that they just seem ... "unprofessional". I can get banter and trash talk while at a sports bar and there's already enough of it on the web. Can someone just act like a damn grown up when it comes to sports?!?!
Quote:Three reasons why I don't visit BCC:

1) The writing is awful (maybe it's the editor in me).

2) The lack of proper citations/credit

3) The writing is awful

The thing is, they are very unprofessional and "wanna be" journalists.  The few "articles" that I've been exposed to are nothing more than a regurgitation of tweets by real journalists.  There is no original thought or opinion backed up by credible sources other than "tweets" from real journalists.

The fact that the original website name is blocked by the filter on this board should be a clue.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 07:14 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:The fact that the original website name is blocked by the filter on this board should be a clue.
Devils advocate: the abbreviation for "free agent right tackle" is blocked also, so the bar's not very high, but your point stands.

Oops. I just free agent right tackl-ed.

Quote:Devils advocate: the abbreviation for "free agent right tackle" is blocked also, so the bar's not very high, but your point stands.

Oops. I just free agent right tackl-ed.

Here's hoping you didn't Street Hire Agent Right Tackled.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Here's hoping you didn't Street Hire Agent Right Tackled.
Not quite, though I did have to create a Players & Officials Only Party shortly thereafter.

Tilt.

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/22/1...ge-rushers

Looking at the #'s, I was quite shocked to see how productive our pass rush was last year when you combine hurries and sacks. It's smart to combine both #'s as sacks aren't everything, the old saying goes sacks end drives while hurries (theoretically) lead to interceptions, another one is "disruption is production". This defensive line was quite disruptive last year if you factor in both #'s, with Dante Fowler (surprisingly) combining for a total of 24 sack/hurries. Given he only played 570 snaps that number is quite impressive, especially considering he was essentially a rookie returning from an ACL.

Now this is not to say the Jaguars shouldn't target a player like JPP in feee agency, but (given this data) I wouldn't be shocked if we don't make signing an edge rusher a focal point. I expect our FA priorities in the following order;

1. OG- targets include Kevin Zeitler, TJ Lang, Ronald Leary, and possibly Larry Warford

2. CB- targets include AJ Bouye, Trumaine Johnson, Stephen Gilmore, Logan Ryan, Morris Claiborne, Prince Amukamara

3. RT- targets include Rick Wagner (the Jags should make signing him a priority as he's a clear upgrade over JP)

4. Edge- targets include JPP, Mario Addison, Nick Perry, and Jabaal Sheard.
Added one in there for ya. Wink

Quote:Who cares?  It's BCC.
QFT

I had no idea that Bilbo Baggins was into sports writing to begin with.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!