Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vikings sign Henry Josey off Jaguars practice squad

I was a little surprised he was not promoted when Robinson went on IR. Oh well.

Quote:The Vikings signed running back Henry Josey off the Jaguars' practice squad, reports ESPN.com. 

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...enry-josey

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Championship.
Shock the world

Apparently the Jaguars didn't like what they saw enough to match/exceed Minnesota's offer.

And he replaces Ben Tate. Quite a fall from grace for him.

Noo
oo<span style="font-size:14px;">oooo</span>!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

It's for one game and management will look at what they have and what they can possibly draft. Unless they think he's better than them all, then it's nothing big

Did he take the pussycats?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Did he take the pussycats?

Solid 90's reference.

I'm sure he'll be Minnesota fans' source of most frustration. Maybe they'll forget when he doesn't meet expectations.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Who?

Quote:Apparently the Jaguars didn't like what they saw enough to match/exceed Minnesota's offer.
Um, yeah, no.  Doesn't work that way.  But i miss college benders, those were fun.

Quote:It's for one game and management will look at what they have and what they can possibly draft. Unless they think he's better than them all, then it's nothing big

I'm surprised that players being signed off Practice Squads by non playoff contenders late in the season doesn't happen more often.

From the perspective of the Vikings,  the move makes plenty of sense in that they now have the opportunity to work with the player in the off-season,  training camp,  and the pre-season if they choose.   If they like his development,  they can then keep him on their 53 man roster at the beginning of next season.    With a Practice Squad offer another possibility if he's not claimed off waivers.

OMG. Not Dujuan Harris, oh never mind.

I like the RBs we have.  Toby, Denard, Todman and Storm make a pretty good stable, with Will T a decent FB.  Not sure we should draft a RB since it feels like Denard and Storm still have unreached but reachable potential, Toby looks more like advertised, so he should have a role.  Todman is good on ST and can play from scrimmage, too.  Spend the picks on D and don't ask them all to start Smile

Ha... Have fun taking a player that can't make "this team".

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We took Todman off their practice squad iirc.

90s? Try 70s....

Quote:Solid 90's reference.

I'm sure he'll be Minnesota fans' source of most frustration. Maybe they'll forget when he doesn't meet expectations.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:We took Todman off their practice squad iirc.
And he's got what... 1 TD and it was against a bad team.... He should be on "our" practice squad.... don't drink that RB's Koolaid until he scores more than JJ Watt.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:90s? Try 70s....

Well I watched it in the '90s lol '70s makes sense though.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:I like the RBs we have. Toby, Denard, Todman and Storm make a pretty good stable, with Will T a decent FB. Not sure we should draft a RB since it feels like Denard and Storm still have unreached but reachable potential, Toby looks more like advertised, so he should have a role. Todman is good on ST and can play from scrimmage, too. Spend the picks on D and don't ask them all to start Smile

We could definitely use a RB.

I like Denard and all but he is a liability in blitz pickup. He's gotten Blake flattened more than a few times this season. I still have hope Storm can get better with pass pro, but since that was a big knock on him coming out of college I'm all for us picking an RB who is a "complete back"

Quote:Ha... Have fun taking a player that can't make "this team".
Like Justin Forsett?  :woot: