Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country writes another glowing review of Tyson Alualu

Let's just see who plays better tomorrow leave it on the field
"Get Better Everyday"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Let's just see who plays better tomorrow leave it on the field

im pretty sure we have seen enough games to know who plays how between the two. branch is just coming back from a few weeks out too.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I say their equal in terms of play as both are nothing special but solid and injury is no excuse as it is the most important ability to have ....availability
"Get Better Everyday"

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2014, 08:20 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:I say their equal in terms of play as both are nothing special but solid and injury is no excuse as it is the most important ability to have ....availability

usually when guys come back from injury they have a little rust. so...... i wouldnt expect this to be much different.

either way, thats not even the point. nvm.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:LOL, actually, you don't have it straight. Go back and re-read the thread--If you dare (da da duuuuum).

The way you depicted "getting it straight" isn't why it's contradictory. You either didn't fully read and understand the discussion, or you're being disingenuous--some may say, troll-like.

The fact that one blogger is defending one player (Alualu) by rationalizing the cap hit because we have alot of space, while then attacking 2 other players---1 a starter (Poz), the other a DE (Branch) that is also a back up and getting paid SIGNIFICANTLY less, is either intellectually dishonest or pathetic agenda pushing.

But whatever... Its really no consequence, to be honest. I personally don't care for the blogger because of his attitude and lack of any real journalistic integrity--As can be seen from his Garrard signature.

Whats is contradictory about thinking Alualu is good enough to take a 4M cap hit, but thinking Poz and Branch are not good enough to justify their salaries?

Yeah we have a lot of caproom, but keeping poz for his absurd salary for a bad player isnt worth it. Keeping an average rotational player for 4M is a lot more reasonable than paying Poz whatever his cap number is. I think JT has played just as good if not better.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2014, 08:47 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Whats is contradictory about thinking Alualu is good enough to take a 4M cap hit, but thinking Poz and Branch are not good enough to justify their salaries?

Yeah we have a lot of caproom, but keeping poz for his absurd salary for a bad player isnt worth it. Keeping an average rotational player for 4M is a lot more reasonable than paying Poz whatever his cap number is. I think JT has played just as good if not better.
So overpay Alualu because we already overpaid Poz.

Gotcha.

Btw Poz's career has been light years ahead of Alualu.

Alfie

[Image: 46372-boxer-punches-himself-gif-5Al8.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Alfie's stances on this are a common thing with football twitter, in that once one expresses an opinion, they feel like they have to defend that stance to the ends of the earth no matter what happens. There is no way one can actually argue that Alualu is more valuable to this team than Andre Branch. Neither are particularly good but at least Branch has had bright spots. Alualu has been a complete dud. 

(The Posluszny thing is a whole other level of absurd). 

Quote:So overpay Alualu because we already overpaid Poz.

Gotcha.

Btw Poz's career has been light years ahead of Alualu.

Your reading comprehension is very poor. 

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 12:17 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Your reading comprehension is very poor.
Maybe you could help me then.

" Keeping an average rotational player for 4M is a lot more reasonable than paying Poz whatever his cap number is."

To me, you are rationalizing keeping Player A because Player B is being over compensated.

Not too hard to read into.

Quote:Maybe you could help me then.

" Keeping an average rotational player for 4M is a lot more reasonable than paying Poz whatever his cap number is."

To me, you are rationalizing keeping Player A because Player B is being over compensated.

Not too hard to read into.

Think jinjo just had an aneurysm.

I find it very strange how this Alualu guy is so polarizing and incendiary.  Seems to drive people to strange levels of hyperbole and inability to reason. 

Dude must carry some strange Polynesian witchcraft curse or something.  Every time his name pops up - nine people trip over each other racing to overstate how horrible he is.  Weird.

Quote:I find it very strange how this Alualu guy is so polarizing and incendiary. Seems to drive people to strange levels of hyperbole and inability to reason.

Dude must carry some strange Polynesian witchcraft curse or something. Every time his name pops up - nine people trip over each other racing to overstate how horrible he is. Weird.
lol

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 01:05 AM by The_Anchorman.)

I hate to keep destroying the blogger and his defenders...  I really do...

But I just found this on a website I find more credible than BCC...

http://overthecap.com/player/tyson-alualu/960

The key is to notice what the dead money is, and what the cap savings would be for 2015...

OK, so first, let's start with the salary hit:  3.9 million.

The 3.9 million is important, because that is what the blogger was saying is already gonna be paid in 2015...

Actually, he's wrong.  The 3.9 million is the cap number.  In terms of money to the organization, this is already accounted for.  3.9 is on the books.  Where the blogger is lost is in terms of debits and credits.  

1.5 is already debited out as paid to the player.  2.4 is a credit to the organization to be either used (on the player) by the organization or not...  

So if the Jaguars cut Alualu prior to the start of the 2015 season, the organization gains 2.4 million to be used elsewhere.

Here's what's important...

Player evaluation...  Andre Branch is running a salary in 2014 of .5 million.   http://overthecap.com/player/andre-branch/909/

So we could keep alualu for 3.9 million.  You know, because we have money to burn.

Or we would cut him, save some money, find another backup DT (that can play a 5 tech DE) and work some other deals.  Oh, I also forgot another defense the blogger mentioned...  It's just too hard to have accountants and scouts try to figure all this stuff out...  So let's just keep Alualu for the savings of having to figure out the math...  LOL... The guy is a joke 

Sorry, I have some time on my hands...  I don't expect anyone to be following my train of logic.  But what I do know is that the entire topic the so-called-blogger tried to dump on his website is a kid playing with crayons.  It's cute...  But it ain't gettin' the job done.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 01:02 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:I find it very strange how this Alualu guy is so polarizing and incendiary.  Seems to drive people to strange levels of hyperbole and inability to reason. 

Dude must carry some strange Polynesian witchcraft curse or something.  Every time his name pops up - nine people trip over each other racing to overstate how horrible he is.  Weird.

Nope, has nothing to do with Alualu.  He's actually an OK player.  It's the people that prop him up that are the focus of this.  

Do you really think I'd actually study the salaries of Alualu and Andre Branch because I hate Alualu?

I never even mention that guy during game day, unless I say I liked a play he made.

It's the fact that some jack-wagon thinks he knows more about anything when he knows only about as much as I do, if not just a fraction more.

I'm OK, with people being smarter than me.  I'm not OK with people that are about the same intelligence as the rest of us trying to make it appear that they are the vanguard of Jaguars football.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 02:27 AM by Achilles.)

If I want info on the jaguars I'll go elsewhere.

If I want details on all the flavors of doritos available, I'll go to Alfie.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 03:08 AM by Predator.)

Quote:I hate to keep destroying the blogger and his defenders... I really do...

But I just found this on a website I find more credible than BCC...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/player/tyson-alualu/960'>http://overthecap.com/player/tyson-alualu/960</a>

The key is to notice what the dead money is, and what the cap savings would be for 2015...

OK, so first, let's start with the salary hit: 3.9 million.

The 3.9 million is important, because that is what the blogger was saying is already gonna be paid in 2015...

Actually, he's wrong. The 3.9 million is the cap number. In terms of money to the organization, this is already accounted for. 3.9 is on the books. Where the blogger is lost is in terms of debits and credits.

1.5 is already debited out as paid to the player. 2.4 is a credit to the organization to be either used (on the player) by the organization or not...

So if the Jaguars cut Alualu prior to the start of the 2015 season, the organization gains 2.4 million to be used elsewhere.

Here's what's important...

Player evaluation... Andre Branch is running a salary in 2014 of .5 million. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/player/andre-branch/909/'>http://overthecap.com/player/andre-branch/909/</a>

So we could keep alualu for 3.9 million. You know, because we have money to burn.

Or we would cut him, save some money, find another backup DT (that can play a 5 tech DE) and work some other deals. Oh, I also forgot another defense the blogger mentioned... It's just too hard to have accountants and scouts try to figure all this stuff out... So let's just keep Alualu for the savings of having to figure out the math... LOL... The guy is a joke

Sorry, I have some time on my hands... I don't expect anyone to be following my train of logic. But what I do know is that the entire topic the so-called-blogger tried to dump on his website is a kid playing with crayons. It's cute... But it ain't gettin' the job done.

Branch's salary wasn't .5 mil. The amortization of his signing bonus is .5 mil.

His salary is slated to be over 1 mil next year.