Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon sells his Queen's Harbor home

Quote: 

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory...._id=544554

Records show the Queen’s Harbour Yacht & Country Club Owners Association placed a $2,346 lien in June on Blackmon’s home for unpaid assessments.

An earlier lien had been issued in April 2013 for $1,180, but was released two months later, according to records filed with the clerk’s office.

He hadn't paid property taxes on the home since he bought it. Owed 2012-2014 still

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He hadn't paid property taxes on the home since he bought it. Owed 2012-2014 still

Sounds like he has either a bad financial adviser or none at all.
;

;

Quote:Sounds like he has either a bad financial adviser or none at all.

Yeah, but doesn't he have an agent, or did he bail when Blackmon got suspended?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Sounds like he didn't have any money to me!

Nobody knows what the condition of the house was when it sold. I would guess it hasn't been maintained for the time he's been in rehab as well as having to pay off the property taxes and liens in order for the sale to go through. That would significantly affect the sale price.

He must need the money and likely believes he won't be playing in Jacksonville again.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I thought the league was going to make a decision regarding his eligibility during the season.  Any news on that?  Such a great talent.  Holding out hope that somehow he comes back

Quote:I thought the league was going to make a decision regarding his eligibility during the season.  Any news on that?  Such a great talent.  Holding out hope that somehow he comes back
Keep praying Sad I miss him.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 09:26 PM by Banatha.)

Quote:I thought the league was going to make a decision regarding his eligibility during the season.  Any news on that?  Such a great talent.  Holding out hope that somehow he comes back

Me too. Rice gets a ruling in a month, blackmon has been on lockout for two years in solitary.

Quote:He just needed to get away from the bad influences there.

You know how ghetto those queens harbor people can be.
word....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:How about nothing

Bingo. It's a huge "who cares?" in my opinion.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Nobody knows what the condition of the house was when it sold. I would guess it hasn't been maintained for the time he's been in rehab as well as having to pay off the property taxes and liens in order for the sale to go through. That would significantly affect the sale price.

He must need the money and likely believes he won't be playing in Jacksonville again.

Regards......................the Chiefjag
I doubt it has anything to do with him not playing in Jacksonville again.

More likely he just needs to get some liquidity and get rid of an under utilized expense. He is better off renting on an as needed basis until he can get his career rejuvenated.

Doesn't help that he hasn't been getting checks, either.

One of the few things Gene got right sticking to his guns with that contract.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Little surprised someone on a rookie deal would buy a house in there to be honest.

Looks like he ran out of booze money. Well now he can buy 500 Gs worth of Jim Beam, that should last him about a month.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Queen Harbor is full of snoots... I wouldn't live in there if you paid me to.

I'd definitely live there if they paid me to.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Did he buy that house to be close to the night life at the beach?  If I was a young player I'd buy one of those condos near the stadium.

Huh

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014, 08:47 AM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Looks like he ran out of booze money. Well now he can buy 500 Gs worth of Jim Beam, that should last him about a month.

He's gotta invest some of that in the sweet stinky tho...

Quote:The fact he sold it for about the same price as he purchased it for several years ago is telling. The housing market as a whole has come back the last couple of years. Maybe half million dollar houses weren't as affected and as a result haven't experienced the same level of appreciation as the rest of the housing market over the past couple of years, or maybe he REALLY needed to sell it. It seems like there should have been some appreciation in value over that time. I'm no real estate expert though.
I think he has to pay 6% or at the very least 3% to the listing selling agent along with the buying (typically 3% to each broker).  When you add up all the fees he probably didnt break even.

This may sound corny but god i hope he comes back and turns things around.  He was developing into a beast

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Little surprised someone on a rookie deal would buy a house in there to be honest.

You were surprised that someone who signed a 4 year 18.5 million dollar contract bought a house there?