Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon sells his Queen's Harbor home

Quote:You were surprised that someone who signed a 4 year 18.5 million dollar contract bought a house there?

Many Jags players have lived there over the years.  In JB's case - it was a smart move.  He's could make a 10% profit on the home if he does it right. The real estate market was still quite  depressed when he signed and has rebounded some since. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This may sound corny but god i hope he comes back and turns things around.  He was developing into a beast
I think most everyone would agree with that.

Quote:I think most everyone would agree with that.

around here you would be suprised

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Did he buy that house to be close to the night life at the beach?  If I was a young player I'd buy one of those condos near the stadium.
More likely the default landing place for new jags with money.

These guys don't get a lot of time to truly scope out the city. They probably get lead to Marsh Landing by other players as a nice private place to live.

Made my peace with whichever he decides. I think he'll be on the opening day 2015 roster or never play a nfl snap again.

The place was in relatively good shape and I was looking for a summer home.  And with the jags on a winning streak I thought why not?  :thanks:

Quote:I think its a sign that he has no intention of playing for the Jaguars ever again.

How so?

'02

Quote:How so?

Hmmm, it's just so mysterious.

It means nothing really. Given his past few years. He more than likely needs the money. And regardless of how he feels, he's still a Jaguar under contract until he retires or the team decides to release him.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm imagining that he hasn't been living there anyway.

Who cares.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:More likely the default landing place for new jags with money.

These guys don't get a lot of time to truly scope out the city. They probably get lead to Marsh Landing by other players as a nice private place to live.

I've always thought this as well. I know Jimmy Smith owned a boat and docked it in his backyard, I'm guessing he probably lived there as well. Throughout the years, longer tenured players just offer up Queens Harbour as a place to live to younger and newer players, and the cycle repeats.

Queens harbour is not full of snoots but the HOA are Nazi as all get out.

Quote:Queens harbour is not full of snoots but the HOA are Nazi as all get out.

LOL, I've never lived in a community with an HOA, but my mom and step-dad do.  Talk about a guilded cage!  

Most people that move to Queen's Harbor want a nazi HOA to protect their property value.

Quote:I'm imagining that he hasn't been living there anyway.

Who cares.

This.

And this.

Quote:Most people that move to Queen's Harbor want a nazi HOA to protect their property value.

Property value is one thing, but the QH HOA is quite another.  You wouldn't believe the stupid little stuff that they go after homeowners for.  Garage doors must be closed unless in the process of pulling a car/in out, then closed again immediately.  And on, and on...  And someone is sure to spot every little infraction.  Eyes are everywhere, ready to pounce.  It's as if neighbors get "points" for ratting out one another for a number that's hanging 2 degrees off center, or a mailbox that's got a single scratch on it.  This goes well beyond "protecting value" if you know about their rules and how they enforce them.  It's about people being into other people's business, and not with good intentions.  But that's not limited to QH.  It's a disease many HOAs suffer from.  There are a lot of miserable people who receive joy in causing misery for those around them.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Yup. It's ridiculous.my house my rules. Never would I let an HOA tell me what to do

HOAs have pros and cons. It protects you from having cousin Eddie park his RV outside your home until next year.

Queens Harbor is a gated community so you just can't drive by...  Having lived in Sawgrass years ago, higher fees there than at QH...   Those fees pay for all the common areas, security, and rec areas...  If you want to join the club there, that's extra unless it's a requirement like it is at many golf course communities..  

Justin bought it from Derek Landri who lost 200K on the property since he bought it before the housing crash in 2008 and later...   According to Zillow, values have been fairly stable but not back to where it was when Landri bought it...   

The only liens on the property were for the HOA...  

If he comes back, he can certainly rent another place...  He didn't need a 4 bedroom house he didn't live in..  Hopefully he had a renter....

If there were liens on it he likely didn't pay the HOA fees or assessments. It then stands to reason the buyers of the house purchased it at below market to account for the liens.

I have a bone of contention with HOA's myself as our neighborhood is strictly monitored for compliance to them. I understand their intent, i.e. to protect property values and neighborhood appeal, but there are times when the letter of the law is not consistent with intent.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Quote:Queen Harbor is full of snoots... I wouldn't live in there if you paid me to.

No doubt. Normandy Trailer Park is awesome and no snoots allowed. I mean really. Someone offers to pay for a house in Snoot Harbor? I'd tell em you can call me Snoot Dog.

But that's just me.
Blakes Life Matters