Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags are 10.5 point underdogs at Houston...

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 05:46 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:he's a moron because he quoted what the betting line was?

With Keenum at QB, all we have to do is stop the run and don't turn the ball over, this is a winable game
No because he's a moron. Don't care about the spread. We can win if Bortles doesn't get killed. We have Sam young, so we are going to probably lose.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We didn't seem to have a problem beating them twice last year with Keenum at QB. Ravens offense in a major funk right now, and their defense is banged up too.
They had the worst record last year. Different year and different coach with an MVP Watt.

Quote:I certainly wouldn't say that the Ravens "whipped us".
ok... they 'soundly' out scored us.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Alfie is a moron.  We win...book it.
now I wasn't trying to suggest anything about Alfie; all I did was post my source.

Quote:The Texans didn't beat us easily and the Ravens didn't whip us.
yes, they (the Texans) did, and the edger allen poe's made us look bad even though they weren't really playing up to their norm. I think that quals as a 'whippen'.

Quote:The Houston Texans can clinch a playoff spot with a win against the Jaguars, and a Ravens & Chargers loss.

I doubt that will happen as the Browns play the Ravens in Baltimore should be an easy win for the Ravens.

The Chargers might lose to the Chiefs though.

The Jaguars might beat the Texans as the team appears to be improving each week.
Yes, the Jags might win... and we might have a space ship land in everbank over Christmas.... it's possible!

10.5 point underdogs?  Oh no!  We suck again!

Quote:10.5 point underdogs? Oh no! We suck again!
Hahaha awesome

I dunno Gus swept the Texans last year, and even though JJ Watt is going to the ProBowl and suggested for MVP the team can be beaten by the Jaguars if the DBs can step it up.  The team needs JT Thomas & Geno to play at high levels to assist Telvin Smith's fantastic play & the outstanding play of the Dline.  The biggest weakness CB & Safety have to at least play average but if they can do that the can hold the Texans to less than 10 points & even cause a turnover or two...

That help has to occur as the Offense continues to struggle even into the last week of the season (ranked 30th in the NFL).  They need Toby to prove himself now that he is healthy, its all about grading players going into the offseason like a preseason game in a way...    to determine if players have shown enough to stay next year.... 

I want to see better play from the Oline LT Luke Joekel in particular prove himself to be the player we had all hoped for, Blake Bortles to show that he has improved this season starting was better than sitting, Toby is he worth keeping next season was it soley his injuries and a horrible oline's fault for his weak season?   Gratz is the bubblegum bandit really all that people hype him up to be or should they just cut ties and draft a CB in the 1st round?

Josh Evans i think he's going to be benched or cut regardless next year.   Cyprien I want to see the same improvement we saw at the end of last season in this last game.  JT Thomas a depth guy only or could he be a starter as he might be in competition with Geno Hayes whom many felt wont be here next season.  Tyson Alualu should they just cut ties with this guy or is he worth the cap hit?   Zane Beadles was he worth the FA money? 

Toddman can he play better than people expect should he get more carries this week than Toby?  Has lee been used wrong all year, why not throw to him all day long see what he's got?

Quote:The Texans QB situation causes enough uncertainty that it will likely lead to many people selecting the Jaguars with the 10 1/2 points.

Usually you are one of the smartest posters here, but Houston's quarterback situation now is the same as it was when the Texans blew out the Ravens and therefore cannot give us any hope for a win.

Quote:Usually you are one of the smartest posters here, but Houston's quarterback situation now is the same as it was when the Texans blew out the Ravens and therefore cannot give us any hope for a win.

Here are my 2 questions:

1.   What happens if Blake Bortles doesn't throw 3 interceptions like Joe Flacco did and the Jaguars do a great overall job of protecting the football?

2.   How will Case Keenum respond after an opponent ( Jaguars ) has game tape to evaluate him in a regular season setting in Bill O'Brien's Offensive system?

Quote:Here are my 2 questions:

1.  What happens if Blake Bortles doesn't throw 3 interceptions like Joe Flacco did and the Jaguars do a great overall job of protecting the football?

2.  How will Case Keenum respond after an opponent (Jaguars) has game tape to evaluate him in a regular season setting in Bill O'Brien's offensive system?

If only Joe Flacco threw three interceptions when we were in Baltimore . . .

Case Keenum was the guy we beat on December 5 last year, right? The second-year players already knew he sucks. I hope the guys who played against him last year help rookies on defense prepare for CK.

Keenum gonna be looking like Joe Montana come Sunday our safeties and linebackers are not good

I would not be surprised at all if we beat Houston.

more likely. ..

we will loose but c more good signs from offense

It's winnable for the Jags.  But only if they end up +2 in turnovers.  That's not very likely, but it's certainly possible. 

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 02:27 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:It's winnable for the Jags. But only if they end up +2 in turnovers. That's not very likely, but it's certainly possible.
Yup,, it'll take a couple big turnovers similar to the NYG game.

But, my prediction:

Remember last game vs Texans, with them running the ball at will?

Jags run defense is still dreadful, IMO.

Houston will pound the ball,, and their RBs will produce even better than the last game.

JJ Watt will abuse the Jags O-line again.

Actually what I remember about the last Texans game was constantly hearing the name DeAndre Hopkins. It was like losing Andre Johnson did not matter.

I'm going to be in Jacksonville Sunday where is a good place to watch the game?
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Actually what I remember about the last Texans game was constantly hearing the name DeAndre Hopkins. It was like losing Andre Johnson did not matter.

He had 4 catches for 49 yards and no touchdowns.

Quote:I'm going to be in Jacksonville Sunday where is a good place to watch the game?

EverBank Field... Smile