Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Bortles be better than Wilson?

ahahaha!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I respectfully disagree.  He is considered good because he eliminates mistakes, and he has a solid team around him.  When he gets in a bind, he runs.  Sometimes that doesn't work out for him.  When he is forced to throw, he doesn't do so well, some of the time.  It's been very apparent this year.  The team has been getting hot the last few games, however, before that, they were struggling, and it was a lot on Wilson.  I saw why he was a 3rd round pick in some games this year.

I really think Blake is going to be one of the great future pocket passers.  I think his mobility helps him extends plays because of the bad offensive line, but he doesn't just run just to run, like Wilson does.  Blake continues to look down field, and Wilson just tucks and run A LOT.  Blake stands tall, and has a rocket arm when his mechanics are spot on.  The last time we saw an arm like that in Jacksonville was Leftwich.  It's like bullets fly across the field sometimes.

I agree Wilson had some bad games this season. I don't think early struggles of the team (3-3 start) was on him though. I seriously think this was 90% Percy Harvin's fault. They forced him the ball but OC Darrell Bevell didn't know how to use him properly. And he was also a locker room cancer and I think there were some divisions in the team at that time because of him. Only 2 days after Harvin's trade to the Jets Wilson played his best game of the season against the Rams.

Wilson was a 3rd round pick only because of his height.

I also don't think Wilson run just to run. He often runs behind the LOS to buy the time for his receivers to get open. Of course if he sees 10 or more yards of open space in the middle he also runs for 1st down. But he wants to be a passer first.

Quote:i disagree with that. hes excellent on the run and excellent under pressure. hes great getting out of a bind.

his offense outside of marshawn is total crap. i think thats something a lot of people dont realize.

Agree.

Look at our WRs

Doug Baldwin - UDFA

Jermaine Kearse - UDFA

Ricardo Lockette - UDFA

Paul Richardson - 2nd round rookie

Kevin Norwood - 4th round rookie

Bryan Walters - UDFA (he's mostly used as a punt returner)

TEs:

Luke Willson - 5th round

Cooper Helfet - UDFA

Tony Moeaki - former 3rd round pick by the Chiefs. We signed him midseason after season ending injury of Zach Miller

I actually like our receivers. They all make plays when necessary and are good run blockers, which is important in our system, but we need a true #1 WR who can open up defenses and also be a big target in Red Zone.

Baldwin would probably be WR4 at best in other playoff contenders like Green Bay, Detroit, Denver,... Kearse and Lockette (mainly because of his ST play) maybe a WR5/6. It's still to early to judge both rookies. Richardson has shown some flashes and I think he'll be a good player, but we will probably be better with drafting some bigger WR like Jordan Matthews in the 2nd round (or trading up in 1st round to draft Kelvin Benjamin; we could even draft my favourite WR in 2013 draft DeAndre Hopkins last year if we didn't trade for Harvin). Norwood didn't play much so far, but he's just a possesion receiver.

We started to use TEs more in the passing game lately and Willson did have a breakout game against Arizona last week. Moeaki has also been a solid addition to the team. But none of them is top 20 at their position.

Quote: 

Kevin Norwood - 4th round rookie

I was excited about Norwood. He hasn't produced, but I haven't watched him. How's he doing up there?