Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen’Derrick Marks: Pro Bowl balloting is [BAD WORD REMOVED] if I don’t make it

Quote:“If it happens that way, then I say that the whole Pro Bowl voting and balloting is all BS,” Marks said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com. “How do you look at it? Do you look at it as a guy that plays good on a good team or a guy that plays good on what you consider a team that doesn’t have the record? I thought it was supposed to be the guy who plays the best at that position that year. That’s what I thought it was. If it comes out that way, it wouldn’t bother me. It wouldn’t stop the way I play. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all.”

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/sen%E2%80%99derrick-marks-pro-bowl-balloting-bs-if-i-don%E2%80%99t-make-it'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/sen%E2%80%99derrick-marks-pro-bowl-balloting-bs-if-i-don%E2%80%99t-make-it</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To be fair everyone has known it to be [BLEEP] for some time. 

Fan voting is the fairest way to determine a players participation in an all star game.

- Signed, Yao Ming

I feel it should be stat based with a couple of "wild card" exceptions where stats are decieving to the way they played. 

To rule out the big market or name reck that occurs with voting.

Currently Marks is ranked #21st in the NFL in sacks or tied for 2nd among DTs.  He should be in the ProBowl based on his performance this season.

Selections will be announced Tuesday, December 23 at 8pm ET on NFL Network and NFL.com.

The ProBowl game is in Arizona this year (should be Hawaii)

Sunday, Jan 25th at 6pm

Tickets are available as low as $70 per person online

Quote:I feel it should be stat based with a couple of "wild card" exceptions where stats are decieving to the way they played. 

To rule out the big market or name reck that occurs with voting.

Currently Marks is ranked #21st in the NFL in sacks or tied for 2nd among DTs.  He should be in the ProBowl based on his performance this season.

The problem is stats don't say much on their own.

Voting is fine, they just need to take the fan section out of it.

Voting should be done by specific national sports writers much like hall of fame balloting along with NFL players and coaches being allowed to participate in the voting if they desire.

If a guy doesn't make it because his market is too small then so be it, but I'd trust Peter King to get it right before I'd trust the fans.

Quote:Selections will be announced Tuesday, December 23 at 8pm ET on NFL Network and NFL.com.

The ProBowl game is in Arizona this year (should be Hawaii)

Sunday, Jan 25th at 6pm

Tickets are available as low as $70 per person online

Thanks Amelia.

It looks like Marks is contradicting himself when he said, "If it comes out that way, it wouldn’t bother me. It wouldn’t stop the way I play. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all."

Honestly it would be close, Richardson, Suh, Dareus, Wilkerson, and McCoy might be better. If there is 6 though Marks should definitely be included. 

EVERYONE VOTE.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:EVERYONE VOTE.

Too late. Fan voting is over.

We should want All-Pro players that are actually selected by their peers. 

Pro Bowl voting is a joke.  Always has been.

I do wish they would vote more like they do for the HoF. Its cool that we the fans have some voice but then again the other fans will ignore us.

If they want to make going to the Pro Bowl a fan thing, more power to them, just take going to the pro bowl or not as a consideration for the HOF out of the equation.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The problem is stats don't say much on their own.

Voting is fine, they just need to take the fan section out of it.

Voting should be done by specific national sports writers much like hall of fame balloting along with NFL players and coaches being allowed to participate in the voting if they desire.

If a guy doesn't make it because his market is too small then so be it, but I'd trust Peter King to get it right before I'd trust the fans.

I am sure they are motivated by fans, the sports media tends to be bias towards the large market teams almost as much as the fans.  I agree stats can be deceiving but it seems more accurate than fame based voting.

Quote:I do wish they would vote more like they do for the HoF. Its cool that we the fans have some voice but then again the other fans will ignore us.

A lot of the HOF has been bias towards large market famous players.  I've noticed that if you are on Tv in some sort of fashion after your career has ended you have a higher chance of making the ProBowl than if you simply retire out of the sport all together.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014, 12:07 PM by David4499.)

The pro-bowl should cease to exist. It's only good for making the league look comical. Denver does not have 9 real Pro-bowlers...it's the product of ignorant people voting for players on their fantasy teams.... What a mess fantasy football has made the NFL. Touch defense... no more bump and run.. it's just run a run free league... (don't know why Tebow wouldn't succeed in a league that doesn't allow corners to play defense, where Mark Buttfumble Sancheeze's stats look better and better each year after they change the penalties assessed on the defense)

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:The pro-bowl should cease to exist. It's only good for making the league look comical. Denver does not have 9 real Pro-bowlers...it's the product of ignorant people voting for players on their fantasy teams.... What a mess fantasy football has made the NFL. Touch defense... no more bump and run.. it's just run a run free league... (don't know why Tebow wouldn't succeed in a league that doesn't allow corners to play defense, where Mark Buttfumble Sancheeze's stats look better and better each year after they change the penalties assessed on the defense)
I wouldn't blame everything on fantasy football.  Watching teams air it out causes games to be more enjoyable to the masses.  More to do with that than tailoring the league rules to coincide with fantasy football.  If anything this change is killing the RB position in fantasy.

Clear indication of why the pro-bowl is flawed.  I hope he gets 26 sacks against the tinhorns on Sunday.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.