Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff teams

With one week left, these have been clinched so far:

AFC East, FRB, and HFA: Patriots

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Broncos

Playoff spot: Steelers

Playoff spot: Bengals

NFC East: Cowboys

Playoff spot: Packers

Playoff spot: Lions

Playoff spot: Cardinals

Playoff spot: Seahawks

Next week, Carolina/Atlanta, Cincinnati/Pittsburgh, and Detroit/Green Bay will be "for the division title" games. Other playoff scenarios:

The winners of the NFC North and NFC West clinch a first round bye. Seattle just needs to win to clinch homefield advantage. If the Seahawks lose the Lions/Packers winner clinches homefield advantage. Arizona clinches homefield advantage with a win and losses by the Seahawks and Packers or a first round bye with just a win and Seahawks loss.

Denver just needs to win to clinch a first round bye. San Diego just needs to win to clinch a wildcard spot. The Ravens need a win and Chargers loss. The Chiefs and Texans need help from two other teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like a lot of your favorite teams made it JDub.

Two out of three. Of course I hate the fact Dallas made it.

Of course!

Looks like i've JDubbed you into submission.  You don't even comment anymore!

Quote:Looks like i've JDubbed you into submission.  You don't even comment anymore!

People were telling me if I don't comment they will stop. So I am trying to figure out if that works.

You'll always be JDub to me.

Back to the topic: What are your matchup predictions?

Playoff update: The AFC Championship Game will be at New England.

Quote:Playoff update: The AFC Championship Game will be at New England.
That is only a guess, as the patriots have to play a game before the championship game. They could end up losing.

Quote:That is only a guess, as the Patriots have to play a game before the championship game. They could end up losing.

When was the last time they lost in the divisional round? I really hope they do, but Tom Brady almost never has a bad day in the playoffs.

It looks like the Bengals or Chargers would be their first playoff opponent. Thank God if it is not going to be the Colts this time.

I think clinching homefield advantage was not necessary for the Patriots to become a Super Bowl favorite. They beat the Broncos. Were they ever not the Super Bowl favorite after that game?

I think the Patriots are Superbowl favorites!!!

Quote:When was the last time they lost in the divisional round? I really hope they do, but Tom Brady almost never has a bad day in the playoffs.

It looks like the Bengals or Chargers would be their first playoff opponent. Thank God if it is not going to be the Colts this time.

because you dont want the colts to lose, because youre a colts fan. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If the Colts end up with the 4th seed (where they currently sit), then they will end up playing @ Patriots if the 3 and 4 seeds win. It's a good possibility the Colts end up playing there.

Quote:If the Colts end up with the 4th seed (where they currently sit), then they will end up playing @ Patriots if the 3 and 4 seeds win. It's a good possibility the Colts end up playing there.

The playoff picture is confusing. The way they drew it up looks like the 3/6 winner goes to New England and the 4/5 winner goes to Denver even if the AFC North champ and Colts win.

I would love to see the Broncos get revenge against the Bengals after their bye week.

I'm totally excited to watch the playoffs! Especially Payton Manning he's my favee!! Not sure who will win !?!?!

I like Peyton too - just not what he did to us as a Colt. Week 17 is exciting with playoff spots and seeds on the line. So I don't mind waiting for the playoffs.

Who will win what? I am picking the Chargers, Bengals, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Falcons Sunday to complete the playoff seeding.

I'm picking Payton Manning for man of the year. Even though he makes a gross slurping sound when he's singing the nationwide is on your side song about his chicken parm.

Quote:I'm picking Peyton Manning for man of the year. Even though he makes a gross slurping sound when he's singing the Nationwide is on your side song about his chicken parm.

That is the only commercial with Peyton I ever hated. Humming before eating a sandwich is ridiculous.

Back to the topic, who do you think will get the #6 seed in the AFC if San Diego loses?