Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff teams

I think the Oreo lick off commercial with Payton and Eli is the best one. I hope the best teams get into the playoffs so there is no excuses when Payton Manning wins the Man of the Year award

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the Oreo lick off commercial with Peyton and Eli is the best one. I hope the best teams get into the playoffs so there is no excuses when Peyton Manning wins the Man of the Year award

The sponsor can help him there. It is presented by Nationwide.

Each team nominates one player for the award. I have no idea how one of those 32 is selected for the award. If I was a Broncos player my vote would be for Manning.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of help from Nationwide. I wonder if any other teams will nominate him besides the Broncos? I know I would!!!

Quote:I'm sure he'll get plenty of help from Nationwide. I wonder if any other teams will nominate him besides the Broncos? I know I would!!!

Nope, each team nominates one of its own players. For example the Packers nominated Aaron Rodgers.

Thank God TMD is not here to ruin this conversation.

That's too bad because I really want Payton Manning to win he's so great.

Quote:That's too bad because I really want Payton Manning to win he's so great.

He might win. I am not going to worry about it though. Time to think about the PLAYOFFS!

Yay Payton Manning! Yay Playoffs!

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 09:08 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:The playoff picture is confusing. The way they drew it up looks like the 3/6 winner goes to New England and the 4/5 winner goes to Denver even if the AFC North champ and Colts win.

I would love to see the Broncos get revenge against the Bengals after their bye week.
Assuming NE/Denver stay seeded at #1,#2 (bye weeks):

After wildcard weekend, the highest seeded winner from WC games plays vs #2 Denver,, the lowest seeded winner from WC games plays vs #1 NE.

For example, let's say #3 Pitt and #4 Colts win WC week. That would end up being

#2 Denver vs #3 Pitt

#1 NE vs #4 Colts

However,, say #4 Colts and #6 Chargers win WC week. That would end up being

#2 Denver vs #4 Colts

#1 NE vs #6 Chargers

NE and Denver's opponents will be determined by which teams actually win during WC week.

It's very similar to the NCAA Playoff.

#1 vs #4

#2 vs #3

Side note - let's not forget that Denver is still not guaranteed the #2 seed. Since they lost to Cincy yesterday,, Denver can still drop to #3 seed.

This week

Denver loss + Cincy win =

Cincy #2

Denver #3

It's not likely since Denver plays Oakland. But if Denver loses this week, Cincy can steal the Bye Week #2 seed.

Quote:Assuming NE/Denver stay seeded at #1,#2 (bye weeks):

After wildcard weekend, the highest seeded winner from WC games plays vs #2 Denver,, the lowest seeded winner from WC games plays vs #1 NE.

For example, let's say #3 Pitt and #4 Colts win WC week. That would end up being

#2 Denver vs #3 Pitt

#1 NE vs #4 Colts

However,, say #4 Colts and #6 Chargers win WC week. That would end up being

#2 Denver vs #4 Colts

#1 NE vs #6 Chargers

NE and Denver's opponents will be determined by which teams actually win during WC week.

It's very similar to the NCAA Playoff.

#1 vs #4

#2 vs #3

Side note - let's not forget that Denver is still not guaranteed the #2 seed. Since they lost to Cincy yesterday,, Denver can still drop to #3 seed.

This week

Denver loss + Cincy win =

Cincy #2

Denver #3

It's not likely since Denver plays Oakland. But if Denver loses this week, Cincy can steal the Bye Week #2 seed.
omg what if any or all these games end in a tie??? What then!!!?!?;!;?

Quote:omg what if any or all these games end in a tie??? What then!!!?!?;!;?

Lol,, ok.

Quote:OMG what if any or all these games end in a tie? What then?

Playoff games can't end in ties. If the score is tied after 75 minutes, they keep playing until one team scores.

If you are referring to Week 17 games, I did not include ties in possible scenarios because it is extremely unlikely any of them will end that way. But there are many scenarios involving ties if any do occur.

If the Packers and Lions tie, the Lions win the division, but need either a Cowboys loss or losses by the Cardinals and Seahawks to clinch a first round bye.

If the Cowboys and Redskins tie, they want the Cardinals and Seahawks to lose to clinch a first round bye.

If the Seahawks and Rams tie, the Seahawks want the Cardinals to lose to win the NFC West title and both Cardinals and Cowboys losses to clinch a first round bye.

If the Cardinals and 49ers tie, the Cardinals need a Seahawks loss to win the division and also a Cowboys loss to clinch a first round bye.

The Broncos only need a tie to clinch a first round bye even if the Bengals win.

If the Chargers and Chiefs tie, the Chargers want the Ravens to lose.

If the Ravens and Browns tie, the Ravens want the Chargers to lose.

The Chiefs and Texans can't get in the playoffs with ties.

I hope one of these week 17 ends in a tie! That would be cray cray!!!

LOL I hate ties. The last two times a game ended in a tie it was a direct result of the NFL's decision to stop letting teams end the game on their first overtime possession with a field goal attempt. That made me wish it was still sudden death OT because under the old rules, the Bengals would be 11-4 and the Panthers would be 6-9. (The final score of their game would have been 37-34 Bengals.) I would be much happier with no ties in any of the games.

What do you think about Phillip Rivers' bolo tie?? He's so silly !

Quote:What do you think about Phillip Rivers' bolo tie? He's so silly !

I have no idea what you are talking about, but the Chargers have not clinched a wildcard spot yet. There is still an outside chance it could be the Chiefs or Ravens.

If you don't know what a bolo tie is you should Google search "Phillip rivers bolo tie! You'll love it !!

Quote:If you don't know what a bolo tie is you should Google search "Phillip Rivers bolo tie! You'll love it !!

I don't care one bit about that or anything else related to Philip Rivers. I just want the Chargers to win so the Ravens don't get in.

Quote:I don't care one bit about that or anything else related to Philip Rivers. I just want the Chargers to win so the Ravens don't get in.
someone your age should really know what a bolo tie is. Why are you being so blasé about this? Why not take this chance to learn something new and improve yourself? You seem a little closed minded.

I think I want to see the Chiefs get in, only for the fact it would be funny to see so many teams lose for it to happen. I like underdogs.

Quote:Someone your age should really know what a bolo tie is. Why are you being so blasé about this? Why not take this chance to learn something new and improve yourself? You seem a little closed minded.

Why are you using this thread to push an agenda? I started it to talk about only one thing: the playoffs.