Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fitzgerald?

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 11:32 PM by jag86fan.)

Isn't this the last year of his contract? Wasn't he lobbying for Arizona to bring in Jerry Sullivan as a WR Coach? Any chance of Khan writing a large enough check to bring the two of them together here in Jacksonville?

Mods, I accidentally started the same topic twice. Could you please delete one?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 11:31 PM by Jags32250.)

Interesting with the Sullivan connection.

I have no idea.

Would be an awesome vet WR presence. If Arizona somehow wins it this year he may be willing to come here to help groom the young guys
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Only if we get him cheap. There are more important areas to spend in.

Quote:Only if we get him cheap. There are more important areas to spend in.
Yup, agreed.

Quote:Would be an awesome vet WR presence. If Arizona somehow wins it this year he may be willing to come here to help groom the young guys

I would rather have Randall Cobb because he can also return punts.

Of course if the Cardinals win it this year, Larry Fitzgerald will not want to leave for a perennial loser.

Have any of you looked at his contract? He's going to cost Ariz. over $21 million on their cap next year. 

He's not coming here. According to PFT the Cardinals won't release him (we'll see). They may want to trade him, and I don't see Caldwell giving up a pick to get an older receiver. 

And can we stop with the mentoring stuff (sorry, a pet peeve of mine). Coaches coach, players play.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Have any of you looked at his contract? He's going to cost Ariz. over $21 million on their cap next year. 

He's not coming here. According to PFT the Cardinals won't release him (we'll see). They may want to trade him, and I don't see Caldwell giving up a pick to get an older receiver. 

And can we stop with the mentoring stuff (sorry, a pet peeve of mine). Coaches coach, players play.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Coaches do sometimes influence where a player goes however.

Quote:Oh, wasn't aware of that. Coaches do sometimes influence where a player goes however.

Coaches can't make the final decisions though. Jerry Sullivan could beg all day and still not get a reunion with Larry Fitzgerald for financial reasons.

Quote:Coaches can't make the final decisions though. Jerry Sullivan could beg all day and still not get a reunion with Larry Fitzgerald for financial reasons.

No [BLEEP] JDub! I wasn't talking to you anyway!

Quote:Oh, wasn't aware of that. Coaches do sometimes influence where a player goes however.

Hey - we're all allowed to comment on anyone's statements. No reason to curse at another poster.

I don't care if Fitz loves Jerry Sullivan - Fitz doesn't need Sullivan's coaching anymore; if he doesn't know how to play in the NFL by now ... Also, there is a good chance that Sullivan retires soon, so it doesn't really matter.

Over.  The.  Hill.  No thanks...

Gene's Myth

I'm burned out on her asinine comments, Adam.

Quote:Have any of you looked at his contract? He's going to cost Ariz. over $21 million on their cap next year.

Just to add to your post:

Quote:Following up on our report last night that the Cards are prepared to carry the veteran wide receiver next year even with his $23.6 million cap hit, Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim said he hopes it’s a much longer-range relationship.

“We have to make good business decisions,” Keim told Arizona Sports 98.7, via Darren Urban of the team’s official website. “I don’t think it’s any secret that we said all along that it is our intent to have Larry Fitzgerald retire a Cardinal. I don’t want to get into it too deep, but with planning purposes and financially, from a cap standpoint and all those sort of things, we have Larry’s [cap] number already baked into our numbers.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/cards-have-accounted-big-fitzgerald-number-want-keep-him'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/cards-have-accounted-big-fitzgerald-number-want-keep-him</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'd pay the man (nothing outrageous) but over market value.  He'd be the Terry Holt mentor we need.

You do know that coaches mentor players all the time.  Jimmy Smith has even said that he looked at everything Michael Irvin did....unfortunately, the good and bad.  He also told younger guys to follow him and watch his work ethic.  MJD did it with Fred Taylor.

So you can have your pet peeve, but it happens regardless.

Quote:I'd pay the man (nothing outrageous) but over market value. He'd be the Terry Holt mentor we need.
Holt was doo doo

Quote:Holt was doo doo
I wouldn't say that.  I think we got about what was expected, for not too much.  I liked him here, a lot.

Quote:I'm burned out on her asinine comments, Adam.

I know. But, like she's the only one? 

If asinine comments get to you, this ain't the place to be.

So, take a deep breath ...

Quote:You do know that coaches mentor players all the time.  Jimmy Smith has even said that he looked at everything Michael Irvin did....unfortunately, the good and bad.  He also told younger guys to follow him and watch his work ethic.  MJD did it with Fred Taylor.

So you can have your pet peeve, but it happens regardless.

Way over blown. If you don't have the talent it doesn't matter who's work ethic you watch.