Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When a team should never punt

Somebody needs to tell Mike Zimmer how to avoid losing in the last minute of a tied game. Good clock management in that situation means letting the time run down 39 seconds between victory formations or runs up the middle to force overtime if you know you can't get in field goal range. If you think you can get in field goal range, tell the quarterback to throw a deep pass to an open receiver, not a short pass just to get to the first down line. Did the Vikings really expect to get into field goal range with the plays that were called? The punt attempt makes me think they were playing to force overtime, not avoid it. If that was the plan the attempt to get a first down by passing made no sense. What was Zimmer thinking after Miami's last touchdown?

Of course none of it would matter if the punter did his job right. He was a little late catching it. But Zimmer has seen blocked punts before, so he had to know it could happen. I don't understand what the coach was doing at the end. Did anyone else see the last three minutes of that game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Of course none of it would matter if the punter did his job right. He was a little late catching it. 

I'm pretty sure the snap hit the ground before it got to the punter.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Another head scratching thread I see...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."