Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10 Cities that could land an NHL Franchise

Quote:Lizard Kings!

Those games were fun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wish I could combine the best aspects of my two favorite sports franchises (Jags and Florida Panthers).

The Jags have Shad, who has done an outstanding job of promoting the Jaguars brand and improving the stadium experience. It is no coincidence that attendance has been on an upward trend despite the team not improving much.

The Panthers are loaded with young talent, including an elite franchise player (Aaron Ekblad). This young team is fun to watch right now and seems poised to become a powerhouse, but you wouldn't know it because there is literally zero marketing for the team. I live 45 minutes from the arena and people tell me they didn't even know Florida has a pro hockey team (we have two!).
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I think Seattle or Portland lands a team soon. As for Jacksonville I would cheer an NHL team if one came but honestly I think I fall into the MLS group. I would Love to have an MLS team to cheer for(even if Im too far away to attend)

I know it's unlikely, but than again, a lot of people thought that Jacksonville had no chance of ever landing an NFL team in the 80's and early 90's.