Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Landon Collins vs Gerod Holliman
Collins
Holliman
[Show Results]

Landon Collins vs Gerod Holliman

If Dave wanted one of these guys who would you rather get for the future at FS.  If Dave wanted Collins I think Dave would take him with the 5th or 6th pick to not risk losing him.  If he was high on Holliman he will probably have to trade up with our 2nd round pick back into the 1st.  I like both and think both will be good FS.  I was high on Jimmie Ward last year but other than that I haven't really been to high on any of the FS prospects to come out the last few years.  Wasn't that high on Clinton Dix  last year, wasnt too high on Vaccaro or Reid a couple years ago.  Maybe just me but Collins and Holliman are 2 of the best FS prospect to come out in the last few years IMO.  A lot of people don't think Collins can play FS but I disagree. His 40 time will be huge at the combine and Holliman as well.  Would you rather take Collins (maybe trade back a few spots depending on where we draft) in the 1st or trade up back into the 1st with our 2nd for Holliman?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Neither.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 11:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Neither.
If Mccourty and Gipson gets resigned(which is highly likely), who would you like us to go after or draft?  Or do you just want to stay with Evans?

Holliman.  Better speed and coverage skills based on what I've seen and a cheaper price tag.  I am not really big on Collins.

I'm not too sold on Collins yet because he strikes me as more of a SS than a FS, and I don't really know what his speed is like at this point.

Seeing as Collins is held up as a top half first rounder, I think the Jags can find more talent at a different position elsewhere.

I like Holliman, he has concerns about tackling, but if he's able to transition is instinctual style of play into the NFL, that's a price anybody should be willing to pay. Plus he can improve his game.

I prefer Holliman because I think he'll be a better value than Collins at where he's taken. Prewitt could also be in the mix.

Honestly watching our defense play this year, if I had to choose between those two, I would choose Collins.

When watching our defense, our FS is the last guy to beat. This means we need someone good at tackling. Holliman is only good for coverage, which is what a typical FS would be needed for. Collins is an in between of a SS and a FS but leans more towards SS.

If I could throw Drummond into the mix, I would select him in the 2nd. Possibly the third if he lasts that long.

Quote:If Mccourty and Gipson gets resigned(which is highly likely), who would you like us to go after or draft? Or do you just want to stay with Evans?

Sign another veteran instead of going into the draft and be forced to take a safety. Especially Collins, who isn't a fit at free safety.

Quote:If Mccourty and Gipson gets resigned(which is highly likely), who would you like us to go after or draft? Or do you just want to stay with Evans?
Prewitt
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Sign another veteran instead of going into the draft and be forced to take a safety. Especially Collins, who isn't a fit at free safety.
What makes you think Collins isn't a FS?  He has played FS a lot this year and excelled at it

For what it's worth, Landon Collins' name > Gerod Holliman

The analysis I have read regarding these two depicts Collins as more of an IN-THE-BOX physical SS type. I have seen Collins on many occasions watching Alabama, and I can definitely understand why he is the No. 1 Safety potentially available in this draft class.

In the new NFL, Safeties must play like LBers and cover backs and big physical TEs all over the field in pass protection mode while defending the run on any given play. This is why Collins is valued so highly, because he is a combination of FS who can play Centerfield and break up the long pass down the seam to the TE or come up and stop the RB in his tracks.

The problem with Collins is that he is not an elite athlete and thus probably does not rate a Top 6 selection. Still, I can't see him slipping out of the Top 12 selections.

Holliman had a great season picking off passes, but much of that can be attributed to being in the right place at the right time. Holliman is your Centerfielder FS type, but the knock on him is he hates to come up and make tackles. Having a Safety that does not like to make tackles is a true detriment to the defense, because typically the Safety is the last line of defense.

Holliman should be a sure fire Rd 1 selection, but because of his distain for tackling he could fall to mid-2nd or even high 3rd Rd.

If the Jags were to trade down to around Pick 9 or 10, Collins would offer nice value. As far as Holliman, I would steer clear of him and look to another Safety.

One Safety that will be playing in the Senior Bowl that I find intriguing is Jaquiski Tartt out of Samford, at 6'1" 218 Lb. While more of a SS, his coverage skills are said to be awesome.

I would be scared to draft an Alabama DB.

;

;

Don't you mean, you would prefer not to take an Alabama DB with a high Rd 1 selection? History tends to support this concern.

Quote:Don't you mean, you would prefer not to take an Alabama DB with a high Rd 1 selection? History tends to support this concern.

That's what I am saying. Barron, Kirkpatrick, Milliner, Kareem Jackson.

;

;

I have seen mocks with Collins falling into the mid 20's of the 1st Rd, which is probably where he belongs.

Collins is good but too hyped. I like the Holliman kid, he has more range and could seemingly be had later than rd 1.

No one is safe.

No McCourty or Gipson? Then I'd like Rahim Moore. 25 years old, experience on a winning team, still getting better.

I got a feeling that Rahim Moore is on a lot of teams Christmas list to sign in the spring.

Holliman we need a player that is gonna pick the ball off, this defense has 5 ints on the year, that is horrible, Collins is more of a SS, TB tried to do that with Barron and Golston two in the box safeties and it didnt work out.

I rather Cyp and a range play making FS, then him and another guy who wants to run and hit.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 01:13 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:I got a feeling that Rahim Moore is on a lot of teams Christmas list to sign in the spring.

He has played well this year. Despite that, alot of Broncos fans still have not forgiven him for his gaffe in the Ravens game two years ago.

I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

;

;