Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congrats to D6...

Lions are in the Playoffs!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Lions still need to win their own game and hope Green Bay loses to clinch the division title. That is a tall order because the Packers go to Tampa.

Quote:The Lions still need to win their own game and hope Green Bay loses to clinch the division title. That is a tall order because the Packers go to Tampa.

They get the wild card regardless.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:They get the wild card regardless.

And certainly don't want that!

To me it seems like the Lions did not have to do anything to clinch a playoff berth except root for the Redskins.

Congrats D6 genuinely happy for you! I hope you win it all, maybe because I called you SB outsiders pre season and was mocked by all my mates

Quote:Lions are in the Playoffs!

Thanks, Gil!

After the tremendous disapppoint in the 2nd half of the previous 2 seasons,   it's very rewarding as a Lions fan to see how well the team has responded this season under Jim Caldwell.   

I didn't expect the Redskins to beat the Eagles yesterday.   But it still doesn't change the fact of how important today's game in Chicago is for the Lions,  both from tangible and intangible standpoints.

Quote:Congrats D6 genuinely happy for you! I hope you win it all, maybe because I called you SB outsiders pre season and was mocked by all my mates

Thanks, Dockerill91! 

Regardless how far the Lions advance in the playoffs,   your pre-season prediction on the Lions has already proven correct.   Any team that reaches the playoffs has at least an outside chance of winning the Super Bowl.    The 2011 Giants are a recent example of a team that was an afterthought by most entering the playoffs but went all the way.  

Quote:And certainly don't want that!

To me it seems like the Lions did not have to do anything to clinch a playoff berth except root for the Redskins.

The focus all week was getting ready for the Bears.   While it's great that the playoff spot is now unexpectedly wrapped up,   I truly believe the Lions are going to play inspired football today.   

Quote:Thanks, Dockerill91!

Regardless how far the Lions advance in the playoffs, your pre-season prediction on the Lions has already proven correct. Any team that reaches the playoffs has at least an outside chance of winning the Super Bowl. The 2011 Giants are a recent example of a team that was an afterthought by most entering the playoffs but went all the way.

True! Still id love to see you do it, as i am one of what in sure is many on the board that is rooting for you to win it all.

Quote:And certainly don't want that!

Well, they had to root for the Redskins plus win enough games on their own to qualify for the playoffs.

So there's that.

I honestly would love to see the Lions go in to Dallas and blow out the cowboys in the wildcard game.

Quote:Well, they had to root for the Redskins plus win enough games on their own to qualify for the playoffs.

So there's that.

I mean it was like the Iron Bowl, where Alabama did not need to win because the Egg Bowl was played first.

Quote:I honestly would love to see the Lions go in to Dallas and blow out the cowboys in the wildcard game.

Be careful what you wish for. The Cowboys are blowing out the Colts.