Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roger Goodell: "No NFL team is moving to LA in 2015."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...42639.html

I agree with Frank Schwabs viewpoint. The NFL already makes enough money by teams financing their stadiums. The whole: "This team is going to LA." are just scare tactics developed by the league in order to get public financing for their stadiums. It's a brilliant scare tactic, but I don't think there's a chance of any NFL team moving to LA in the future; unless they decide to expand to 34 teams.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

i will be surprised if the raiders aren't in la by 2017

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 05:22 PM by The_Anchorman.)

It really is a leverage play by NFL teams to scare the city to finance new stadiums.  I do think one team, probably the raiders, eventually does move to LA.  

I hear alot of talk about St. Louis moving to LA, but for some reason, I just don't see that happening.  The raiders really do seem like the logical choice.

Quote:It really is a leverage play by NFL teams to scare the city to finance new stadiums.  I do think one team, probably the raiders, eventually does move to LA. 
Doesn't their lease expire after this season?

Thoughts?........

Goodell is a tool

As someone has already said on Big Cat Country, isn't it nice that this discussion no longer involved the Jaguars !

Grew up in Los Angeles, live in Jacksonville now, can't wait to move back. I personally would love to see a franchise their and I think it will happen. The Raiders are on their last year and San Diego keeps doing a year to year lease. It seems like each year another step or two is taken towards a move. It will happen.

I can't believe how the Jaguars have entirely faded from this discussion. In 2009 people thought that it was all but guaranteed, that the Jags would move to LA. 5 years later, a new owner, new renovations, and a new attitude sure can make a huge difference.

Quote:I can't believe how the Jaguars have entirely faded from this discussion. In 2009 people thought that it was all but guaranteed, that the Jags would move to LA. 5 years later, a new owner, new renovations, and a new attitude sure can make a huge difference.

Two words: Shad Khan

I still believe the raiders will move to LA, if its the Rams for some reason I do kinda think the Raiders might really test going out of state.

Quote:I still believe the raiders will move to LA, if its the Rams for some reason I do kinda think the Raiders might really test going out of state.
Well for one, the Raiders have already been in LA before. So I don't see how this could terribly upset their fanbase. From what I've heard, LA still has a sizable majority of Raiders faithful from the old days still there.

Yeah plenty of raider fans are from LA already. Most of my friends(I live in Ca) have said they will be happy or at least still be a fan if they move to LA. None of them of course want them to move to SA since that is out of state and well...a whole other story.