Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 FA-RTs

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 11:28 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Here is a list of OTs that will be available during the offseason. It's not a very impressive list IMO, but there are some quality players on it. If Bryan Bulaga makes it to FA, I would hope Caldwell does whatever it takes to get him here to protect Bortles. The right side of the line is probably responsible for at least 10-20 sacks (without looking it up), and I think adding a quality FA-RT will do this team wonders.

The ® is for restricted. Thoughts?

Don Barclay (26) ®

Joe Barksdale (26)

James Brewer (28)

Bryan Bulaga (26)

Gabe Carimi (27)

Jeromey Clary (32)

King Dunlap (30)

Jason Fox (27)

Doug Free (31)

Chris Hairston (26)

Bryce Harris (26) ®

Mike Harris (27) ®

Ryan Harris (30)

Corey Hilliard (30)

Tony Hills (31)

Mike Johnson (28)

Jeff Linkenbach (28)

Jamon Meredith (29)

Marshall Newhouse (27)

Derek Newton (28)

Jermey Parnell (29)

Austin Pasztor (25) ®

Mike Person (27)

Tyler Polumbus (30)

Michael Roos (33)

Jonathan Scott (32)

Willie Smith (29)

Bradley Sowell (26) ®

Byron Stingily (27)

Will Svitek (33)

J’Marcus Webb (27)

Garry Williams (29)

Eric Winston (32)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would add Orlando Franklin. He is playing guard right now but has played right tackle.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 08:01 AM by thunderbuns.)

Quote:Jamon Meredith (29)

He may have actually been worse than Sam Young the other day.

What do you think about Doug Free? He's been banged up and he's 31, but do you think he could play well for 3-ish years? I'm sure he would come cheaper than Bulaga.

Another thing I'm curious about is how these players will fit in to a zone blocking scheme.

Bulaga please, he has made a huge difference on GB since he has returned from his injury. 26 yr. former 1st round pick that is one of the better RT when healthy. Looks like is finally 100% by the way he has played lately and would be a huge if we could land him.

Quote:Bulaga please, he has made a huge difference on GB since he has returned from his injury. 26 yr. former 1st round pick that is one of the better RT when healthy. Looks like is finally 100% by the way he has played lately and would be a huge if we could land him.

Bulaga would be a good get. Then we can go ahead and draft a RT in between rounds 3-6.
Shock the world

Quote:Bulaga please, he has made a huge difference on GB since he has returned from his injury. 26 yr. former 1st round pick that is one of the better RT when healthy. Looks like is finally 100% by the way he has played lately and would be a huge if we could land him.

The problem is he has had a hard time staying healthy

;

;

He's dealing with a concussion right now actually.

I know it sounds crazy, but Bulaga might be the number one guy on my FA list if I'm the GM. That is unless McCourty or Dez becomes available.

I like Julius Thomas, but I don't trust any WR/TE that makes his money off catching passes from Peyton Manning. Demaryius is obviously a different story, but I think there's less chance he hits the market than Dez.

While selecting an ORT, one consideration should be whether he can man the OLT position in the case of an injury to the starter.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 11:14 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Barksdale is one that intrigues me. He was kind of a high pick for Oakland that did not pan out. But he has played well in St Louis.

He is also still that ideal age range for a free agent. He doesn't turn 26 until January.

;

;

rather just draft Brandon Scherff

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:rather just draft Brandon Scherff

In the top 5?

Barksdale is definitely the most interesting name up there.  The last thing we need is to overpay for an incompetent old FA-RT.

I am also intrigued with a potential Barksdale signing.

Bulaga or Barksdale I would be good with

Quote:In the top 5?

If we see RT as that big of a need, yes.  Scherff >>>>> Bulaga.

Take the most talented player available, regardless of position.  Really, this team needs talent all across the board minus a handful of positions.

Without the - in the thread title, it says FARTs. He he he he he he /petergriffinlaugh
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I would add Orlando Franklin. He is playing guard right now but has played right tackle.

Franklin moved to guard because he plays better there.

Quote:The problem is he has had a hard time staying healthy

Not as much after he permanently replaced Mark Tauscher IIRC. I would be more concerned about Doug Free in the injury department.

Quote:I would add Orlando Franklin. He is playing guard right now but has played right tackle.
Yeah, I didnt know he was a FA.  Would he be good in the ZBS though?