Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin was everywhere

Quote:How could he possibly be everywhere? Last I checked, human beings can only be in one place at a time. Telvin Smith #50 was only in one place: outside linebacker.

But what if Telvin cloned himself? Or future Telvins are traveling back in time to play in a younger form?
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 07:44 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Telvin wasn't EVERYWHERE. Anybody that watches football should know that Telvin Smith plays linebacker. If he was everywhere, he would obviously be covering wide receivers, catching passes, and playing QB.
"After every game. The reward system is one scoop for competing, one scoop for getting better, toppings for capitalizing on opportoonies, and extra scoops for actually winning." -Jerrad

I'm convinced you need to be a stand-up comedian.

Once again Telvin played "Lights Out" football against The Tacks. He's proving to be more that worthy of his drafting. Not his drafted position. He's playing Much Higher than his draft position by far. I liked him in college but I have Man Love for him as an Jaguar...

Nice job young man... Very Nice...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I admittedly don't spend very much time watching college ball, so my opinion is likely to be almost always wrong on these guys coming out of the draft. That being said, I didn't like the idea of drafting a smallish but fast LB, mostly because I usually don't like the idea of drafting smaller players (I hated when the team initially picked MJD, for example, even though I knew I whiffed on that one by the end of his first preseason), but he has certainly shut me up, and fast. I was extremely impressed with his play and enthusiasm on Thursday. The guy obviously loves the game, and I'm happy he's on our team.

In the first few games Telvin played in, he looked pretty bad to be honest. I don't remember when the turning point was, but the coaches have already developed the heck out of this guy. I'm very happy to eat crow for not wanting Telvin Smith when we drafted him, and I'm real excited to see him play next season.

Quote:I admittedly don't spend very much time watching college ball, so my opinion is likely to be almost always wrong on these guys coming out of the draft. That being said, I didn't like the idea of drafting a smallish but fast LB, mostly because I usually don't like the idea of drafting smaller players (I hated when the team initially picked MJD, for example, even though I knew I whiffed on that one by the end of his first preseason), but he has certainly shut me up, and fast. I was extremely impressed with his play and enthusiasm on Thursday. The guy obviously loves the game, and I'm happy he's on our team.

In the first few games Telvin played in, he looked pretty bad to be honest. I don't remember when the turning point was, but the coaches have already developed the heck out of this guy. I'm very happy to eat crow for not wanting Telvin Smith when we drafted him, and I'm real excited to see him play next season.

Did you watch any of his first games?  He's getting more consistent but he hasn't been bad.  He's whiffed on some stuff but the game against Cleveland he was a monster.

Huh

Quote:Did you watch any of his first games?  He's getting more consistent but he hasn't been bad.  He's whiffed on some stuff but the game against Cleveland he was a monster.

Did I watch any of his first games; a brilliant question. I don't pretend to be a professional when it comes to evaluating a player, but I'm glad you asked anyway.

His first few games, right up until the Cleveland game as you said, I noticed him whiff a lot. He was out of position quite a bit, and I noticed a few goal-line plays where he just chose the wrong gap all together or got pushed back by the RB. This guy didn't come in playing as good as he is now, and that's a credit to the coaching staff. The guy is making tons of plays and tackles, and generally standing out much, muuuuuch more than he did in the first half of the season. He's advanced faster than I expect of most any rookie player.

Quote:Did I watch any of his first games; a brilliant question. I don't pretend to be a professional when it comes to evaluating a player, but I'm glad you asked anyway.

His first few games, right up until the Cleveland game as you said, I noticed him whiff a lot. He was out of position quite a bit, and I noticed a few goal-line plays where he just chose the wrong gap all together or got pushed back by the RB. This guy didn't come in playing as good as he is now, and that's a credit to the coaching staff. The guy is making tons of plays and tackles, and generally standing out much, muuuuuch more than he did in the first half of the season. He's advanced faster than I expect of most any rookie player.

Yep he has gotten better and better. Almost to the point where I expect him to make the tackle every play. Lol I'm sitting there saying 'get him Telvin!' before the play even starts and then he stops Sankey behind the line and the Titans have to punt.

His passion is noticeable. My brother, who's a Giant fan, was watching the game with me and was like "dude...that guy is a beast."
Shock the world

And a productive offseason in the weight room would help also.I think 5-10 lbs would benefit him

Quote:How could he possibly be everywhere? Last I checked, human beings can only be in one place at a time. Telvin Smith #50 was only in one place: outside linebacker.

Are you really playing this game? Let's argue about what color car he has.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Are you really playing this game? Let's argue about what color car he has.
what if he has more than one car?

Quote:what if he has more than one car?

No one can drive more than one car at once, just like they can't be everywhere.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:"After every game. The reward system is one scoop for competing, one scoop for getting better, toppings for capitalizing on opportoonies, and extra scoops for actually winning." -Jerrad

I'm convinced you need to be a stand-up comedian.

Hey, somebody thinks it's funny. Who knew.

Quote:No one can drive more than one car at once, just like they can't be everywhere.
if for odd reason he really can't be everywhere at once like you say, he could have different people drive all his cars. So they really could be everywhere at once. They could all be different colors too?

Quote:if for odd reason he really can't be everywhere at once like you say, he could have different people drive all his cars. So they really could be everywhere at once. They could all be different colors too?

Hypothetically, yes. But there could be a truck or SUV variable, which would indicate a need for the flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:if for odd reason he really can't be everywhere at once like you say, he could have different people drive all his cars. So they really could be everywhere at once. They could all be different colors too?

But it would be silly to have cars that you can't drive, no one would do something like that. And people only have one favorite color, getting a car thats not your favorite color means you wouldnt drive it, and you'd end up asking your neighbors if you should just repaint it all the time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Hey, somebody thinks it's funny. Who knew.

I'm still slapping my knees repeatedly.

Quote:Hypothetically, yes. But there could be a truck or SUV variable, which would indicate a need for the flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts.
I think this is more along the correct line of thinking here.  Clearly, Telvin is a time traveler.  Only explanation for being everywhere in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Noble-Collecti...B0024UM3DG

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Now this thread is starting to go back in the right direction.  Jdub was trying to throw it off

He was a beast on that dominating FSU defense and one of the emotional and vocal leaders as well. This has been no surprise to see him excel at this level. He was placed as a high 2nd rounder but dropped in the draft due to a marijuana test that was positive. He was a steal for sure and will be playing for this team a very long time.