Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else still believe in Yeldon?

Quote:So I've been watching cut-ups on Yeldon for awhile tonight and I still believe in this guy hardcore. He's literally Le'veon Bell but faster. Yes, even faster as crazy as you might think that sounds. Even though he did run a faster 40 at the combine for whatever thats worth to you. If you give him a scheme with halfway decent run blocking he will succeed. There was so much penetration behind the LoS this year on run plays he couldn't ever put his foot in the ground to decide direction.

Yeldon is done... Unless he goes and train with some elite rb, or hall of fame rb I can't see him being better then what he is now.. Hopefully he proves me wrong.. But he haven't shown no explosiveness, he goes down on first contact, his vision is poor, he have very little wiggle and cuts, not much acceleration either...

Just use the eye test!! He makes 1 or 2 good runs every other game ... That's not enough!! We need a Freddy T! He made like 3 or 4 a game.. If not more..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeldon is done... Unless he goes and train with some elite rb, or hall of fame rb I can't see him being better then what he is now.. Hopefully he proves me wrong.. But he haven't shown no explosiveness, he goes down on first contact, his vision is poor, he have very little wiggle and cuts, not much acceleration either...

Just use the eye test!! He makes 1 or 2 good runs every other game ... That's not enough!! We need a Freddy T! He made like 3 or 4 a game.. If not more..
get a grip

Quote:get a grip

Thats it?? Ok lol..

Quote:So I've been watching cut-ups on Yeldon for awhile He's literally Le'veon Bell but faster.

Have a seat bro

Quote:Yeldon is done... Unless he goes and train with some elite rb, or hall of fame rb I can't see him being better then what he is now.. Hopefully he proves me wrong.. But he haven't shown no explosiveness, he goes down on first contact, his vision is poor, he have very little wiggle and cuts, not much acceleration either...

Yo Boy, I wouldn't say he's done but he definitely ain't a starter. We need somebody that can give us 80 to 150 yards per game. Who can catch the screen and take it to the house or turn a swing out of the backfield into a 60 yard scamper.

Basically we need what Grant gave us up in Indy.....speed. No I'm not saying Grant is the guy. Just saying we need some speed back there with some power and a little wiggle.

You're going a big overboard here. I actually have to disagree with virtually all of your points, so let me take them individually...

• explosiveness - he's shown the ability to explode into holes to pick up short-yardage conversions and touchdowns. Now he tends to be more patient on normal downs where you don't really see it, but he's ot some power and explosiveness when he needs to use it.

• first contact - I've seen him slip through tackles meaning he's not overly fragile. You make it sounds like he goes down if touched, but that's not the case. Granted he'll go down with a good tackle, but a defender needs to square up and make a good tackle or he can be slippery.

• wiggle - I'd argue this is one of his best attributes.... TJ has all kinds of wiggle and is very adept at making cuts.

• acceleration - this sort of goes along with explosiveness in that he'll go from 0 to top speed quickly. Now what I will admit is that his top speed is not all that fast, and he doesn't have a second gear to go even faster when freed up.

I've actually seen more wiggle from TJ than I have from Ivory, but Ivory will straight up break even good tackles and has a more punishing approach to running the football. Where TJ can be physical, Ivory is all about being physical. Neither RB, tho, truly has that breakout speed that Corey Grant brings to the table, although admittedly Corey does lack wiggle and will go down if touched. It's just, with Corey, touching him is no easy task.

'02

Quote:Yo Boy, I wouldn't say he's done but he definitely ain't a starter. We need somebody that can give us 80 to 150 yards per game. Who can catch the screen and take it to the house or turn a swing out of the backfield into a 60 yard scamper.

Basically we need what Grant gave us up in Indy.....speed. No I'm not saying Grant is the guy. Just saying we need some speed back there with some power and a little wiggle.
Idk why so many people don't recognize what grant did at indy.

I'm gonna be really disappointed if he doesn't get a real shot at doing it again.

He had the best overall game of any jags running back since mjd left imho.

Had he started all year and even come close to that performance. ...who knows....

Quote:You're going a big overboard here. I actually have to disagree with virtually all of your points, so let me take them individually...
  • explosiveness - he's shown the ability to explode into holes to pick up short-yardage conversions and touchdowns. Now he tends to be more patient on normal downs where you don't really see it, but he's ot some power and explosiveness when he needs to use it.
  • first contact - I've seen him slip through tackles meaning he's not overly fragile. You make it sounds like he goes down if touched, but that's not the case. Granted he'll go down with a good tackle, but a defender needs to square up and make a good tackle or he can be slippery.
  • wiggle - I'd argue this is one of his best attributes.... TJ has all kinds of wiggle and is very adept at making cuts.
  • acceleration - this sort of goes along with explosiveness in that he'll go from 0 to top speed quickly. Now what I will admit is that his top speed is not all that fast, and he doesn't have a second gear to go even faster when freed up.
I've actually seen more wiggle from TJ than I have from Ivory, but Ivory will straight up break even good tackles and has a more punishing approach to running the football. Where TJ can be physical, Ivory is all about being physical. Neither RB, tho, truly has that breakout speed that Corey Grant brings to the table, although admittedly Corey does lack wiggle and will go down if touched. It's just, with Corey, touching him is no easy task.
All great points...

I just have to look at game performance.

And core got down man...are u kidding me?

Against indy corey looked like he was playing in the super bowl.

He did everything you could want from a rb.

He definitely deserves a long look this off season.

I don't believe that game against indy was a fluke either. I definitely believe grant can produce like that regularly

Yeldon is most like Leveon Bell stylistically, in that he is a very patient runner. There is a razors edge between patience and indecisiveness however, and Yeldon goes over that line far too often. Bell is probably the best running back of all time at toeing that line as close as humanly possible without going over. Yeldon just doesn't have that perfect timing. 

Quote:Yeldon is most like Leveon Bell stylistically, in that he is a very patient runner. There is a razors edge between patience and indecisiveness however, and Yeldon goes over that line far too often. Bell is probably the best running back of all time at toeing that line as close as humanly possible without going over. Yeldon just doesn't have that perfect timing. 

I think the difference lies more in the two offensive lines than the timing of the two backs.  Bell is indeed better at it and makes better decisions than Yeldon does, but he also gets more holes to run through. 

I find the whole "Bell is so patient" thing to be a bit overblown. He is patient and it works well for him, but he's not the first guy to run that way, and he certainly won't be the last.