Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else still believe in Yeldon?

He's definitely better than Denard

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have the same problem today that I had with him when we drafted him over Tevin Coleman: he's as explosive as a wet match.

LOL, that is spot on! I couldn't recall a single explosive play he made this year so I hopped on nfl.com to check out his stats for the year. His longest run was 16 yards! 16 yards!! What? On top of that his longest reception (out of 50 catches) was 17 yards. All of us on this board need to start thinking of a good nickname for Yeldon, and I am liking "wet match" so far. That is hilarious.

Quote:Yeldon may not be starting material, but he's plenty good enough for the backup role and does a great job imo finding and exploiting holes. He's not as bad as some in this thread would have you believe. At the very least, he's better than Denard.
Idk. I think we're comparing two average at best guys.

Bottom line is this.

We need a RB who can be productive even with a horrible line.

Otherwise we're stuck shuffling a deck or average at best guys and we'll be stuck with average at best production

Quote:I'm pretty sure we had David Johnson for a whole week during one of those senior bowls. Way to go, Dave

Yep and he had a great game, scored the first TD.

Same thing with Dak.
Shock the world

Can we just be honest for a second about TJ? Look at the numbers..

130 rushes for 465 yds and 1 TD (long of 16 yds)

50 receptions for 312 yds and 1 TD (long of 17 yds)

This is what losing looks like.
Only a chump boos the home team!

To me, the gold standard should be Fred Taylor or Mojo. Do I think Yeldon is that good? No.

That's why I really want Fournette or Cook in the draft. We need a guy that could take it to the house at any time. I don't see Yeldon playing that role.

Great 2nd running back. Prefer Ivory over Yeldon

I think Yeldon has a lot better vision than a lot of you are giving him credit for.  I agree completely that he's too slow and he goes down way too easy, so it's often lost on him.

If Denard had his vision, he could be pretty good.  Unfortunately, that dude can't find a running lane unless it smacks him in the face.

A long of 16 yards is just embarrassing. He's cut worthy. Bortles is out here catching 20 yard touchdowns but Yeldon can't even manage a run longer than 16 yards.

He's replaceable for sure. I would say that about each and every RB we have. Say what you want about the O-line, but when there are holes you could tackle each one of them with a feather. None of them have good vision or burst. Time to upgrade.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We have to improve at the RB position. Yeldon has only went over the 100 yard mark like twice.

Quote:I think Yeldon has a lot better vision than a lot of you are giving him credit for.  I agree completely that he's too slow and he goes down way too easy, so it's often lost on him.

If Denard had his vision, he could be pretty good.  Unfortunately, that dude can't find a running lane unless it smacks him in the face.
He has decent vision.  I remember seeing a few different plays where there was a hole and he didnt see it and right into some defenders.  

I don't think he's even our 3rd string next year.

We draft a RB, we have Ivory and Grant.. Yeldon doesn't get ahead of those 3 IMO.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I don't think he's even our 3rd string next year.

We draft a RB, we have Ivory and Grant.. Yeldon doesn't get ahead of those 3 IMO.

I'm thinking this now, too.

Quote:I'm thinking this now, too.
As am I

Yeldon is going to make the team over Grant. No doubt about it.

I sincerely and respectfully hope that you're wrong.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 07:50 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I feel like he never got going due to injuries and run blocking. A guy like Yeldon needs run protection to be effective. He's not a bulldozer like Ivory who can mow over guys or a speedster like Grant. You get him good run protection and he's a star.

No. We were just a few picks away from landing Landon Collins instead too. The safety that the Giants selected just before we could get to him. That's who I was hoping for at the time. I am honestly not a fan of Alabama runningbacks. 

And as far the runningbacks went in the 2015 draft class overall I was campaigning for Jay Ajayai who should have been a steal in RD3 but ends up being a REAL steal for Miami in RD5. 

I am just not a fan of Yeldon's running style for a guy of his size. He's too east and west when he should be more north and south and hitting the hole rather than dancing around. He thinks he's Fred Taylor when he's really Rashard Jennings..... 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeldon a star? hahahahaha 

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I can't give up on anyone that had 90% of his carries from the shotgun formation.