Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conway: Trump will not release tax returns

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 02:00 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns -- even after the audit he's frequently cited is completed -- senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Sunday.

In an interview on ABC's "This Week," Conway was pressed on whether the White House will respond to more than 200,000 petition signatures calling on Trump to release his tax returns.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/conway-trump-will-not-release-tax-returns'>http://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/conway-trump-will-not-release-tax-returns</a>

Gotta love it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who Cares.

Quote:Who Cares.

[Image: Its-easier-to-fool-people-than-to-convin...ooled..jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/conway-trump-will-not-release-tax-returns'>http://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/conway-trump-will-not-release-tax-returns</a>

Gotta love it.

Good! Tax returns should be 100% private. It's pathetic that an earlier president didn't make this stand.

Of course, ideally there should be no tax returns. The whole idea of the government demanding private information from its citizens is an anathema to the freedom on which this country was founded. How is this any better than the NSA spying on citizens?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

By the way, anyone else think Kellyanne Conway is sexy as hell lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 02:20 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Good! Tax returns should be 100% private. It's pathetic that an earlier president didn't make this stand.

Of course, ideally there should be no tax returns. The whole idea of the government demanding private information from its citizens is an anathema to the freedom on which this country was founded. How is this any better than the NSA spying on citizens?

It's certainly not required but as POTUS there needs to be some transparency don't you think? Especially when there could be a potential conflict of interest with his businesses.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 02:18 PM by knarnn.)

This line cracks me up;

Quote: And you know full well that President Trump and his family are complying with all the ethical rules, everything they need to do to step away from his businesses and be a full-time president."
Oh we do?

lolololololol

I honestly don't care either. What he did and how he handled his personal finances isn't my business.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Since when is being POTUS now classified as being a private citizen?

Don't be stupid. My second paragraph about the existence of tax returns referred to spying on private citizens. My first paragraph was about the fact that ALL tax returns should be private, even those of government employees.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Don't be stupid. My second paragraph about the existence of tax returns referred to spying on private citizens. My first paragraph was about the fact that ALL tax returns should be private, even those of government employees.

I cleaned up my response for you to be more clear.

He just settled a lawsuit for 25 million. With another half dozen lawsuits to go he will be bankrupt. 

Chump knows exactly why he is hiding them. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

One of my favorite captions from Twitter the last few days that I think people from all sides of the political aisle can enjoy;

https://twitter.com/TylerDBrooke/status/...6856014848

Quote:He just settled a lawsuit for 25 million. With another half dozen lawsuits to go he will be bankrupt. 

Chump knows exactly why he is hiding them.

He got a settlement with his suit against Univision, it probably all equals out in the wash.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:He got a settlement with his suit against Univision, it probably all equals out in the wash.

Well....we'll never know.

Quote:Well....we'll never know.

And most people don't really care. :no:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The only way conservatives would hate something Trump did is if at the end of four years he pulled off his mask and revealed himself to be HIllary Clinton.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And most people don't really care. :no:

Which is why Mark Twain's quote is most fitting.

Quote:He got a settlement with his suit against Univision, it probably all equals out in the wash.

He will have more lawsuits to settle that will outweigh anything he gains.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:He will have more lawsuits to settle that will outweigh anything he gains.

I'm sure that's the new liberal way of playing the lottery
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I cleaned up my response for you to be more clear.

Ah, that makes more sense. Demanding more from the POTUS than from ordinary citizens is a reasonable position. In this case I just think someone should have taken that stand a long time ago. It would have been better if it were done by a prez who didn't have a business empire.