Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you sign All Day?

Adrian Peterson.

I would

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What for? We are set at running back and don't need a child abuser on the roster.

We are not "set at running back"

Quote:We are not "set at running back"

Yes we are. Denard Robinson is the future at that position. We drafted a running back three straight years and picked up a free agent, so there is no rush to get a bad guy just because he can run.

Why? So he can get killed behind this line too. Look at Denver, nobody running backs doing well because of a good line. Take the money AD wants and get 4-6 linemen.

Quote:Yes we are. Denard Robinson is the future at that position. We drafted a running back three straight years and picked up a free agent, so there is no rush to get a bad guy just because he can run.

Please tell me who we drafted as a running back 3 years ago. I'm looking at the draft, and no where does it show us picking a RB.

But no to Adrian Peterson. I wasn't even a fan of his before the situation.

Plus it really doesn't matter, he wants to play for Dallas and Jerryworld wants him, he'll be in Dallas next year.

Quote:Please tell me who we drafted as a running back 3 years ago. I'm looking at the draft, and no where does it show us picking a RB.

But no to Adrian Peterson. I wasn't even a fan of his before the situation.

I did not say we picked a running back three years ago. Read my post again: three straight drafts. That means 2012, 2013, 2014. Actually I should have said two draft picks and a free agent.

Quote:Plus it really doesn't matter, he wants to play for Dallas and Jerryworld wants him, he'll be in Dallas next year.

Not if they can re-sign DeMarco Murray. He is by far the leading rusher in the NFL, so I would be very surprised if they don't try to retain him in the offseason.

Quote:I did not say we picked a running back three years ago. Read my post again: three straight drafts. That means 2012, 2013, 2014. Actually I should have said two draft picks and a free agent.

So... You did say we drafted someone 3 years ago. Derp.

Yes

Yeah let's pass up a chance of acquiring great talent on this team
<P>Riding the Brian Witherspoon bandwagon.Big Grin
;
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">______________________________________________________________</FONT></P><P><!--quoteo--><!--quotec--><b>Titansfan9157 (8/24/2007)</b>
VY is already a top 5 QB in this league. He just wins games. And no need for Fred Taylor or MJD we have Chris Henry... he will be better then both of them after this year. Just like Vince Young was last year. BOOK IT.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Quote:Yes we are. Denard Robinson is the future at that position. We drafted a running back three straight years and picked up a free agent, so there is no rush to get a bad guy just because he can run.
Denard Robinson is not a feature back and wasn't drafted as one. We need a better RB than what we have now.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I wouldn't be against it, as long as the contract was structured accordingly. He's entering the final stage of his career as far as RB's go and wouldn't want to make him the highest paid ever to only get a year or 2 production from him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'd sign him.  Unfortunately, this thread was immediately hijacked and went downhill rather quickly.

He doesn't fit the mold for the approach this team has taken so far with their personnel decisions.  He's not young.  He's not on the upside of his career.  He's got a lot of baggage that could serve as a distraction.

Sure, it would be great to sign a Peterson in the prime of his career to a cheap contract.  He's not in his prime, and he's not going to play on the cheap.

There will be solid options in the draft that won't cost nearly as much, or carry the kind of baggage he does.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Plus it really doesn't matter, he wants to play for Dallas and Jerryworld wants him, he'll be in Dallas next year.

Then send me Murray!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Perhaps this thread should include a $$ amount at which you'd sign or not sign AP.

I originally stated Yes but I didn't realize that he's scheduled to make over $12m next year.   I was thinking in the $7m to $8m range .... like 3 years for a total of $24m  --- I'm out of the ballpark on this one.