Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have to lose

If they're serious about rebuilding than this has to happen it about draft postion for 7 rounds not just one and comes with possible trade backs with a top pick or taking the best player and not giving the divison opponent a qb
"Get Better Everyday"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lol

Quote:If they're serious about rebuilding than this has to happen it about draft postion for 7 rounds not just one and comes with possible trade backs with a top pick or taking the best player and not giving the divison opponent a QB.

What makes you think losing Thursday night would do any good after Round 1? We are in a four-way tie right now with the Raiders, Buccaneers and Titans. Winning would put us in a three-way tie with the Jets and Redskins. Losing would also put us in a three-way tie (with the Raiders and Buccaneers). So either way, we would not have a top five pick in all seven rounds. There is no way you can justify losing for a higher first round pick when there is a three-way tie at the top.

Nope.

Quote:What makes you think losing Thursday night would do any good after Round 1? We are in a four-way tie right now with the Raiders, Buccaneers and Titans. Winning would put us in a three-way tie with the Jets and Redskins. Losing would also put us in a three-way tie (with the Raiders and Buccaneers). So either way, we would not have a top five pick in all seven rounds. There is no way you can justify losing for a higher first round pick when there is a three-way tie at the top.

If we lost and end up in a 3 way tie with the raiders and buccs not only would we have a top 5 pick every round, would be top 3....

The ones that complain loudest about the team losing seem to be the same ones complaining the team might win.

Quote:What makes you think losing Thursday night would do any good after Round 1? We are in a four-way tie right now with the Raiders, Buccaneers and Titans. Winning would put us in a three-way tie with the Jets and Redskins. Losing would also put us in a three-way tie (with the Raiders and Buccaneers). So either way, we would not have a top five pick in all seven rounds. There is no way you can justify losing for a higher first round pick when there is a three-way tie at the top.

What the hell are you talking about?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I have to agree. Winning does nothing for us at this point. And you can't argue that winning will improve the locker room's mentality because having a couple more wins still makes us only a 4 win team. Take the picks

When a fan says something like "winning does nothing for us", the "us" is what exactly?

I just want this to not be a discussion topic any more.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We're actually 3 point favorites this Thursday.  But we're not getting the top spot. Look at the remaining 2-12 team schedules.

Raiders have Buffalo and Denver.  

Titans have Jax and Colts

Tampa has Green Bay and New Orleans

Then look at the 3-11 teams: 

Jets have New England and Miami

Washington has Philadelphia and  Dallas

I doubt we pick in the top 5 this draft. 

Quote:What are you talking about?

Remember this year we picked third in Round 1 and did not pick that high again until Round 6? That is what I am talking about, Tied teams don't have the same pick number in all seven rounds.

Quote:Remember this year we picked third in Round 1 and did not pick that high again until Round 6? That is what I am talking about, Tied teams don't have the same pick number in all seven rounds.

But if we're only a 3way tie we would have a top 3 pick each rd.

Quote:The ones that complain loudest about the team losing seem to be the same ones complaining the team might win.
This is the best thing you've ever posted,  I mean it.

Quote:We're actually 3 point favorites this Thursday.  But we're not getting the top spot. Look at the remaining 2-12 team schedules.

Raiders have Buffalo and Denver.  

Titans have Jax and Colts

Tampa has Green Bay and New Orleans

Then look at the 3-11 teams: 

Jets have New England and Miami

Washington has Philadelphia and  Dallas

I doubt we pick in the top 5 this draft. 

A win Thursday probably would not drop us out of the Top 5. The Jets got the Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Patriots twice, Bills twice, and Dolphins twice. The Redskins got the Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, Cowboys twice, and Eagles twice. We got the Colts twice, Texans twice, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Chargers, and Dolphins. So I'm guessing we will pick after the Redskins but before the Jets - right at #5 if everyone loses out except us.

Quote:But if we're only a 3-way tie we would have a top 3 pick each round.

It is going to be a four-way tie.

@AdamSchefter: Chances of landing No. 1 pick, per http://t.co/wuj1IeE7kb:

Jags: 31.6%

Titans: 31.4%

Bucs: 25.7%

Raiders: 10.4%

Redskins: 0.9%

Jets: .02%

I like to watch my team win.... but thats just me. Losing for draft position is ridiculous especially when there isnt a cant miss prospect at the top.

Quote:If we lost and end up in a 3 way tie with the raiders and buccs not only would we have a top 5 pick every round, would be top 3....

Quote:It is going to be a four-way tie.

I'm confused which is it?

Quote:I like to watch my team win.... but thats just me. Losing for draft position is ridiculous especially when there isnt a can;t miss prospect at the top.

Even when there is a "can't miss" prospect at the top, losing for a higher draft pick is stupid. Remember when a lot of fans here wanted Clowney because he is a once-in-a-lifetime prospect? Asked if the Texans ruined his plan to pick Clowney, Gus Bradley said he would have selected Blake Bortles anyway. And we all know Bortles was never considered a can't-miss prospect because most people thought of him as a project to develop.