Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have to lose

Quote:Losing would also put us in a three-way tie (with the Raiders and Buccaneers). So either way, we would not have a top five pick in all seven rounds. There is no way you can justify losing for a higher first round pick when there is a three-way tie at the top.

Quote:It is going to be a four-way tie.

Meant to quote this one..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm confused which is it?

There are four 2-12 teams and three 3-11 teams right now. If we win, we become the fourth three-win team. If we lose, the Titans become the fourth three-win team. I expect to win and be in the four-way tie.

Quote:There are four 2-12 teams and three 3-11 teams right now. If we win, we become the fourth three-win team. If we lose, the Titans become the fourth three-win team. I expect to win and be in the four-way tie.

But if we do lose and in a 3 way tie what I'm saying is we will have a top 3 pick every round.

Quote:But if we do lose and in a 3 way tie what I'm saying is we will have a top 3 pick every round.

That does not change the fact that we are hosting a division rival most Jaguars fans hate on national TV. It would be stupid to embarrass everyone by tanking on purpose in that situation no matter what the draft order is.

In addition, it is crucial that the young guys have confidence in themselves and their coaches and teammates to do what it takes to win. The only way to get that is play to win and that is what they want to do.

Quote:A win Thursday probably would not drop us out of the Top 5. The Jets got the Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Patriots twice, Bills twice, and Dolphins twice. The Redskins got the Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, Cowboys twice, and Eagles twice. We got the Colts twice, Texans twice, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Chargers, and Dolphins. So I'm guessing we will pick after the Redskins but before the Jets - right at #5 if everyone loses out except us.

All of that was nonsense...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Currently we're 3rd in the order.  

We have the tie breaker against Oakland and the Jets.  So to get the #1 pick, we'd likely need a worse record than Tampa Bay, the Titans, and Washington (3-11).   It's likely going to be the Titans or Tampa Bay picking 1st.

What it looks like:

If we lose out, I'm guessing we get the #2 pick.

If we win 1, I think we get the 4th pick

If we win out, I think we likely pick 6th.

Also 6th is mathematically the lowest draft pick we can have in 2015.

Does it really matter? We've picked top 3, top 5, and top 10 every year for the majority of the past decade. At this point, I'm hoping we luck into something.

Quote:Does it really matter? We've picked top 3, top 5, and top 10 every year for the majority of the past decade. At this point, I'm hoping we luck into something.

Unfortunately, right now our draft position matters more than our record.  This is a perfect year for a trade down, and draft position could make a huge difference as far as that goes.  

Quote:Unfortunately, right now our draft position matters more than our record.  This is a perfect year for a trade down, and draft position could make a huge difference as far as that goes.  

Why does anybody think we need a higher draft pick just to trade down? If trading down is the best thing to do with the top pick, we don't need it.

Quote:Why does anybody think we need a higher draft pick just to trade down? If trading down is the best thing to do with the top pick, we don't need it.

that doesnt make sense.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Why does anybody think we need a higher draft pick just to trade down? If trading down is the best thing to do with the top pick, we don't need it.

Duhhhhhhhhhhh
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Currently we're<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/12/15/7393861/2015-nfl-draft-order-ny-giants-currently-have-eighth-overall-pick'> 3rd in the order</a>.

We have the tie breaker against Oakland and the Jets. So to get the #1 pick, we'd likely need a worse record than Tampa Bay, the Titans, and Washington (3-11). It's likely going to be the Titans or Tampa Bay picking 1st.

What it looks like:

So we'll pick 4th then. The way things look now, we'll likely have our pick of the pass rushers.

Quote:So we'll pick 4th then. The way things look now, we'll likely have our pick of the pass rushers.

We will likely have our pick at any position, not just defensive lineman. That is actually not a big need anyway. We need to fix the offensive line.

There is one premium QB in this draft, maybe two. There are a lot of teams that need a franchise QB. Caldwell could get a good haul for trading his pick, but only if there is a top QB available when the Jags pick.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:There is one premium QB in this draft, maybe two. There are a lot of teams that need a franchise QB. Caldwell could get a good haul for trading his pick, but only if there is a top QB available when the Jags pick.

Everybody says Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston will go 1-2. Because of the draft position tiebreaker, we will not be picking that high.

Quote:Everybody says Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston will go 1-2. Because of the draft position tiebreaker, we will not be picking that high.
I agree and we will not be drafting them if they slip.Here we are again like 2 years ago. Not really a dominating player on defense out there.

Quote:I agree and we will not be drafting them if they slip.Here we are again like 2 years ago. Not really a dominating player on defense out there.

So we simply don't take a defensive player on April 30. If we want to go BAP and get a dominating player, the choices are obviously on offense.

Quote:Currently we're<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/12/15/7393861/2015-nfl-draft-order-ny-giants-currently-have-eighth-overall-pick'> 3rd in the order</a>.

We have the tie breaker against Oakland and the Jets. So to get the #1 pick, we'd likely need a worse record than Tampa Bay, the Titans, and Washington (3-11). It's likely going to be the Titans or Tampa Bay picking 1st.

What it looks like:

So no matter what we will have a top 6 pick every round. I guess I'll change my stance and say.... beat the titans!

Quote:There is one premium QB in this draft, maybe two. There are a lot of teams that need a franchise QB. Caldwell could get a good haul for trading his pick, but only if there is a top QB available when the Jags pick.

Yep, because teams never trade up for players who aren't QBs, ever.

Miami traded in to the top 3 in 2013 to take a bust DE in Dion Jordan.

You guys have your panties way too twisted on the idea that we MUST pick in the top 2 to have any chance of trading down, but by all means, don't let me stop you.