Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NOT a good day for QBs

Peyton Manning injured, Aaron Rodgers career worst day, Ryan Fitzpatrick out for season, need I say more?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blake Bortles had a bad day too - no touchdowns, an interception, sacked 8 times, and a foot injury.

Rodgers tried to screw me out of my fantasy playoffs, luckily I'm still up some ways over my opponent. 

Quote:Rodgers tried to screw me out of my fantasy playoffs, luckily I'm still up some ways over my opponent. 

Rodgers just gifted me a championship birth! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Peyton Manning injured, Aaron Rodgers career worst day, Ryan Fitzpatrick out for season, need I say more?

Don't forget about Johnny Manget, he had a pretty bad outing too, even by rookie standards.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Rodgers just gifted me a championship birth! 

Luckily the guy I'm facing has Stafford who isn't playing to hot himself right now. 

Russell wilson is getting the blake bortles abuse treatment today.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Russell wilson is getting the blake bortles abuse treatment today.

He sure got the flag for roughing the passer on that 1 play though.

No helmet to helmet or anything really.

Helmet to chest not allowed anymore?

Quote: He sure got the flag for roughing the passer on that 1 play though.

at this point hes a player that gets those flags. blake isnt there yet haha.

21/37 for 210 yards doesnt sound very impressive, but for what blake was dealing with today i really expected the completion percentage to be a lot lower.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote: He sure got the flag for roughing the passer on that 1 play though.

Helmet to chest is allowed, but sometimes when players aim for the chest an accidental helmet collison occurs.

You know who else had a bad day?

Colt McCoy. He got hurt during the first quarter and was replaced by Robert Griffin.

Quote:at this point hes a player that gets those flags. blake isnt there yet haha.

21/37 for 210 yards doesnt sound very impressive, but for what blake was dealing with today i really expected the completion percentage to be a lot lower.

There were a few bad drops out there today too that hurt his comp %.

I know every QB suffers drops, but they are so much more magnified when it's the Jags WRs dropping passes that should be caught.

The offense struggles too much to be dropping catchable passes that could extend a drive or pick up a first down for a rookie QB.

Quote:There were a few bad drops out there today too that hurt his comp %.

I know every QB suffers drops, but they are so much more magnified when it's the Jags WRs dropping passes that should be caught.

The offense struggles too much to be dropping catchable passes that could extend a drive or pick up a first down for a rookie QB.

i watched as the big conversion to marcedes was dropped. wasnt even surprised.

Quote:i watched as the big conversion to marcedes was dropped. wasnt even surprised.

yeah, that one really hurt.

There was at least 2 more clear drops.

Quote:Blake Bortles had a bad day too - no touchdowns, an interception, sacked 8 times, and a foot injury.
Actually, one of his better days on the year.

Quote:Actually, one of his better days on the year.

What makes you say that?

Quote:What makes you say that?

The fact he didn't make any stupid interceptions/ throws even the interception was basically a Hail Mary to our 5th WR who just stood there and watched the ball drop into the DBS hands.

Beacause it was.  What else can i say, we have watched him all year.  It's not very hard to see.  Slow improvement in his decision making is occuring, which is great!

He didn't kill the team with one (or more) of his "what the heck was that/Oh No" INTs AND he had the ball with a chance to tie the game in the Jags last possession.

I'd agree that was one of his better, decision-making days.

Just having the ball with a chance to tie, or win, the game on the last Jags possession is a huge plus for this team.

There have been far too many games that were hopelessly out of reach in the 4th quarter, but this wasn't one of them.

Quote:Beacause it was.  What else can i say, we have watched him all year.  It's not very hard to see.  Slow improvement in his decision making is occuring, which is great!

You can say what happened during the first two and a half quarters because I slept through it.

We saw him throw more yards in other games. We saw him complete a higher percentage of passes in other games. We saw him succeed on a late game-winning drive. We saw him throw touchdown passes. I saw none of that Sunday.