Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Butkus - Shouldn't be the offensive line coach next year.

I know he was pressed into duty before he probably is not ready for. But next year if Coach Yano is not back, we better get an offensive line coach. There are poor offensive protection issue than talent issue what I could see and that belongs to the coach. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is that Dick's cousin?

Quote:Is that Dick's cousin?

Cant believe there are many people with that name

Quote:Is that Dick's cousin?
 Nephew

Line communication sucks! I don't see anyone identifying the right protections. I saw a handful of wrong MLB calls by Bortles leaving wide open blitz lanes. Bad....

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Line communication sucks! I don't see anyone identifying the right protections. I saw a handful of wrong MLB calls by Bortles leaving wide open blitz lanes. Bad....

Storm Johnson was also left one on one against Suggs, who easily got the sack. At a certain point, the OL has to do their job. 

TE was supposed to chip on that play and there needs to be pre-snap identification. You also can't put sacks on an O-line when Blake holds the ball or scrambles instead of stepping up. The O-line is by no means great, but most of those were on the QB indecision and lack of portection identification.

Quote:TE was supposed to chip on that play and there needs to be pre-snap identification. You also can't put sacks on an O-line when Blake holds the ball or scrambles instead of stepping up. The O-line is by no means great, but most of those were on the QB indecision and lack of portection identification.

Even if the TE chips there, who decides to block Suggs with only a TE? I don't know who is responsible for what - if it's all on Bortles to call out every assignment, if the OL has leeway, or if the coaches take care of it - but it seems stupid that anyone would decide on that matchup.

From the looks of it, the TE was to chip, release and then ball was coming to him with Storm acting as a speed bump! Funny thing about the NFL...one little missed assignment takes away the seconds needed for the play to materialize. Probably would have been overthrown anyways.